Doubting your suitability as a partner

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2009, 3:53 am

I've never doubted myself as a suitable partner. Im just worried I'll never be given the chance. :cry:

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 12:36 am

Sure I do. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to relationships. Not even just romantic relationships but interpersonal relationships in general. That in and of itself is a lot of baggage for someone else to have to deal with. Who wants to be involved with someone who they would have to teach, or be patient with while they learn and stumble through the very basics of it all? I have been isolated for far to long. The average person is light years ahead in terms of social development. I have learned that I can fake it, but only so much. I can work, I can survive, but interpersonal relationships? Fuhget aboud it! :wink:

I just feel that I am at such a disadvantage socially that it will be too easy for unscrupulous people to figure out ways in which to take advantage of me or do me harm if I let them in. I can't figure out why anyone but someone looking to take advantage would be interested in a person so lacking in so many of the traits that are desirable in society today. So yeah I have "trust issues" baggage as well. :lol:

I feel I have too much baggage and am too old to just be starting out with only slightly more than no experience. I fear I have missed the boat so to speak. But I have found ways to accept and be content with a solitary life, if that how things do turn out.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 2:32 am

^Arbie you're back!! !! :D

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 3:38 am

Arbie wrote:

I feel I have too much baggage and am too old to just be starting out with only slightly more than no experience. I fear I have missed the boat so to speak. But I have found ways to accept and be content with a solitary life, if that how things do turn out.

That's how I feel too, it's too late to compensate the past.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 3:08 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
^Arbie you're back!! !! :D

I never really left I just don't post very much any more. I have been staying busy.