If you are single are you happy being that way?

Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

zombie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 9:47 pm

If you are single are you happy being that way?

Donate to the Help make a Film Foundation
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 9:53 pm

Single, and I hate it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:03 pm

All depends on the terms and conditions really. Do have waves of depression hit me sometimes whether it's the right rock songs or watching TV or movies, other than that I manage pretty well.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:07 pm

I am single, and wouldn't have it any other way. Relationships are more trouble than they are worth.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:08 pm

I have been married several times, and I like being single better than being married.

Arch101
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2007, 10:11 pm

I am now. I was married for 6 years and my ex eventually so complicated my life that it was 24/7 just to keep the two of us alive and fed. Now, I must reprioritize on myself and finally finish the bachelor's degree I've been working on for 20 years. Maybe after I've ironed myself out, I'll be on the prown again. But, I have no idea how I'd balance work and night school right now with a girlfriend. The pressure would be intolerable.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:15 pm

Why yes....
:D

And I'll tell you why.
Its probably because I had a young marriage, young birth, young widowing, series of rapes. And I'm not 'technically' single. I mean I am, but I am a mother and so I am not living/experiencing 'singly'. And this has been a loooooooooooong partnership. So, I haven't yet experienced a 'singling' experience, and I imagine that within a few years of when this happens in a few years I will tire of aloneness-but for right now, I am very happy to not have the additonal complications that inevitiably come with a mate-being the object of anothers judgement in the things I do and the way I am, having to tell him his butt stinks, having to smell his butt when it stinks, worrying about the relationships that take him down destructive paths. ect ect.

I'm just not ready for more work.
Your pretty cute by the way.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:16 pm

I'd like a partner, preferably aspie. I've been alone, most of my life, and it's getting old (as am I).

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 10:55 pm

SeaBright,
How wonderful we are on a forum we can mention our rapes with out engendering shock or cringing from others, but we are allowed the respect by our fellows to just state our realities.

Thank you all for letting us tell it like it is.

Merle

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 11:17 pm

no

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 12:03 am

I am, until I find that special someone in Victoria BC, who likes the same things I do. I've lost the Punk image but i'm keeping my natrual speech patterns which sound very simular to the Cockney Dialect. I'm sure that I'll find a cute softy like me, Baby. :P

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Feb 2007, 12:21 am

I am single, and accepting of it. When I was a single mom, I longed for someone to lessen the load, but knew that the chance of some guy wanting to help me raise my child was slim, at best. Then I got her all raised and off on her own, thinking that I would then look into a relationship. But I had gotten used to my freedom, which I have come to value above a relationship.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 2:53 am

I would consider a single mother just as much as I would consider anybody else. I'm tried to start a relationship with some, but they said I was too young or too innocent.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 3:38 am

I am single, but I don't just want a girlfriend. I want someone who I am destined to spend the rest of my life with.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Feb 2007, 5:19 am

I'm single and that's best for me. I need some companionship but not a lot, and certainly not full-time. Maybe I could try being a golf-widow.
:D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 5:56 am

Relationships are s**t.. and the guys tend to get all soppy at that stage. No thanks.