Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2009, 11:10 am

There is this girl that i have liked for many months now and i have recently heard that she likes me but no one knows that i actually know i am 100 per cent sure that she does.
She works where i work but at different times and they speak quietly about me and her and she always has a smile on her face and i know for a fact that she fancies me and obviously that i fancy her too but they dont know that.
But the main problem is i am really shy when i am around her i think this is normal for most people around the one that they love and i am wanting to try and find a way to let my feelings known to her as i know she likes me too and i think that not letting her know due to the situation will be just stupid tbh.

Help appreciated

Cheers

Redfox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2009, 11:20 am

Rather than directly asking her for dinner you might find it easier to invite her out for coffee before work or some kind of event you're mutually interested in. You said you work at different times so I don't know how to make it work. It's innocent enough to not be turned down except if she's busy. But bold enough to show you're interested in her. I tried this once on a girl I liked she took me up on the coffee but turned me down on the follow-up date. Apparently she thought I was after a friendship but not romance so it's a good way to make an introduction.

The difficulty of being a guy with social anxiety is you have to be the one who makes the first step. Usually anyway.

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2009, 12:15 pm

Write something short and sweet on a little piece of paper.

"Would you like to go out for coffee this Friday?" Just say "oh here," and hand it to her as you are leaving and just keep walking. Let her make the next step. It saves face on the bumbling conversation and she'd probably think it is cute.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2009, 1:59 pm

Just take the plunge and ask her out. Yeah, it'll be scary, but once you are alone with her face to face often things get more comfortable. For me anyway, it's much easier to be myself with just one person. Sometimes it helps your confidence to have a program in your mind. Know word-for-word what you will say to ask her out, and what you will do for each response you can think of.

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2009, 3:46 pm

Just ask if you would like to hang out. Make it interesting like a walk in a park, or a short hike, or a visit to a zoo or a musuem where you can interact and talk. I'd recommend skimming over datasage's guide. It's sort of a cat and mouse game - create the situation where she desires you more than you desire her. Don't make any physical moves until the third date it usually drives them nuts cause you are holding out so long :P.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2009, 4:52 pm

Thanks for the replies.