My way of celebrating Valentine's

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 8:11 pm

Today I bought a small box of chocolates, and addressed it to a girl I have my eye on who lives on my campus - she's really intelligent and gorgeous. I made myself a secret admirer.

I'm not expecting anything - just did it for fun.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 1:54 am

I never received a Valentines card before, ever. There are so many gift sand cards in the shops, one for every man, woman and dog. I was never to recieve any, I only hope that next year wil be better.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 6:07 pm

I don't have a partner, so today I sat and watched DVD's whilst treating myself to some chocolate and booze, as V day isn't just for couples.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 9:25 pm

well the plan was to get drunk and have a happy evening by myself, unfortunately it didn't work out that way and i came over feeling lonely and sad. which rules out getting drunk (it would have just made me lonelier and sadder). so i spent the evening on the piano, practicing sad songs and the blues, listening to the pouring rain outside.

i felt like going out there and playing the piano in the rain, unfortunately it's an electric piano! 8O

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2006, 12:33 pm

i orginzed a "singles awareness" group with my college group.
we picked names out of a hat and then pared up with that person.
that way everybody had a sweetheart.
:lol:
only rules were
no kissing, no sex,and no unwanted physical contact.
it actually went down really well.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2006, 12:44 pm

I bought myself a dozen whit roses. (They were the prettiest)
My son who also has AS was with me when I bought them and I didn't see it at the time but he walked up to the register with a dozen roses, he bought them for the after school center that he goes to, for the ladies. He is so sweet!

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 1:55 pm

Ice_Man708 wrote:
i orginzed a "singles awareness" group with my college group.
we picked names out of a hat and then pared up with that person.
that way everybody had a sweetheart.
:lol:
only rules were
no kissing, no sex,and no unwanted physical contact.
it actually went down really well.

Good thing I wasn't there. Most ladies would've been in tears if they had to be paired up with me. Or at least they would've back in 2001.

Did anybody catch Dr. Phil's Valentine's Day episode yesterday? (Not the prime-time special on CBS, but the regular syndicated daytime edition.) He showed us just how shallow some women can be. One woman was complaining because she couldn't find a boyfriend, but her standards were way too rigid. As Dr. Phil said in his Southern voice, "is it workin' for ya?" And from my experience, a good deal of the single women out there are single because they are far too picky. I look at the Internet dating sites out there - there are a good deal of sexy women on those sites, but when you read their profiles you can see why they are "hopeless romantics" - they require a minimum number of piercings, a very specific height, and a very specific personality. And of course, they want the "nice guy", which contradicts most piercing-covered guys with the personality they like.

Once I get my s*it together over the next week or so, I'm going to enter a new chapter in dealing with women. No more Internet dating (it doesn't work when you're 20 because few people are serious about it) - I have a large enough "database" of single women in town that I already know that I can work with. Gone are the days when I was a part-time student and part-time employee with minimal social life - it was no wonder I knew only one or two single girls!

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2006, 3:59 pm

*stick my finger in my mouth and puke*
i cant stand Dr. Phill.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 1:18 pm

Good afternoon folks.

ELLCIM wrote:
Today I bought a small box of chocolates, and addressed it to a girl I have my eye on who lives on my campus - she's really intelligent and gorgeous. I made myself a secret admirer.

I'm not expecting anything - just did it for fun.

Well it turns out that I accidentally sent the chocolates to the wrong person...and it was one of the people in my one class who is single. Now what the hell are the odds of THAT happening? And man, she is HOT. We've chatted before and have similar values, and I happened to run into her earlier this afternoon. She said she'd been trying for the last three days to figure out who sent them, and wondered if it was me. I decided to be upfront and honest with her, although at first when she asked if it was me I said "no" and cracked a smile. I told her I meant them for someone else, and yet since then I found out that person has a boyfriend.

For the record, it was a case of me screwing up the last name, but getting the first name right. I didn't even check the last name; I just assumed it was right since she was on my one class list, but I neglected to remember that there was someone else in the same class with the same first name - the person that got the chocolates.

This couldn't have gone more perfectly. There was challenge, and humour. David DeAngelo would be proud.

Next week, we will see what happens. I can't get my expectations high like I usually do, but I'm going to look at this next week.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2006, 4:28 pm

ELLCIM - grats! Sounds like fate took hold of things and gave you an unexpected suprise!

This year I actually got my first real valentine. Sure, I remember passing out cards in early gradeschool (up till about grade 4 I think). But everyone gave something to everyone, so its certainly didnt make me feel special. However yesterday I went on lunch and when I came back there was a "package" on my desk, a bunch of candies wrapped up in a fancy bag with a big heart shaped card that had my name and Happy Valentine's on it.

I wandered around the office after that, no one else had any signs of a similar package on their desk. So I believe I was the only one who got one. There's only one girl here thats close to my age, she's probably a year or two younger than me and is on her co-op here. I've had a hunch she liked me since day one (sadly those feelings arent reciprocated). However she didnt sign it, so I cant be sure.

Funny thing is, this is the first ever valentines I've actually had a girlfriend.... and no, it wasnt from her.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 11:32 pm

I'm thinking I am going to ask the girl who ended up getting the chocolates out to a dance that my campus is having next month. Good idea? I do have several backups available.

As for the person I intended the chocolates for initially, I plan to buy some for her again, and give them to her directly, just to make things proper. I told her about what happened and she was really surprised I would do that for her, and I could tell she was really flattered by it - she was touching my arm, then later I saw her talking to someone else and I know they were talking about me, as was evident from the body language as I walked by.

Valentine's Day is going to be even more fun next year, now that I know what I can do with it. :D

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 12:28 am

The only Valentine's Card I got was from my parents :?

Yameretzu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2006, 5:03 pm

Ididn't get a card and I don't care. I've just split up with my love so I didn't really want to celebrae it. I saw him the night before and then I spent most of the day with my mates. Another lovely day. I actually enjoyed myself

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 12:10 am

To celebreate Valentine's Day, I get out my old .223 calliber sniper rifle, load up, and take a stroll in the park downtown. Every couple I see in the middle of a PDA gets a bullet through both of them. Sometimes I miss and it takes two shots to bring them both down. If they're holding hands, I can often get them both in one shot. Anyway, it's generally good fun and reccomend it to anyone looking for something to do on V-day.