Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

Salonfilosoof wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:
trust me other aspies are just as intollerant as NTs :(

In that case, I'm afraid we're all doomed 8)

yes :? :cry:

*goes to read sunshowers contingency thread*

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 2:41 pm

BongSao wrote:
So im not into walking up to girls i dont know who i think are cute and say "hi" or ask them their name because 1. i puss out and 2. i feel like its creepy to walk up to a stranger and introduce yourself and or ask them their name.

that being said, the next time i am in an airport or bookstore (sooner than later) my plan will be as follows:

- i spot a fair woman
- i walk to her
- sit down next to her (if she is indeed aseat)
- say "may i tell you about supercroc?"

if she says "no" or even "go away" i will not be nearly as embarrassed as if i were rejected by asking her her name.
if she says "yes":
- i will gladly tell her that it was recently discovered that 110 million years ago there were crocs that grew to about 40 feet long and ate dinosaurs.

by this point i will have not much else to say about supercrocs, but at least the ice will be broken.

i will inform you all as to how this goes.

There have been many times when a man has walked up to me when I was seated or standing somewhere and out of the blue said "May I tell you about (....)?" In every single case- no exceptions- it has turned out that (.....) that he wanted to tell me about was a product he was selling. Now if a man says that to me I simply say "no. You may not tell me about (....)."

If you walk up to a woman and say this, the odds are very high that she will think you are trying to sell her something called "supercroc". If you don't already know that it is a large prehistoric crocodile, it sounds like it could just be some "super" cleaning agent or some other such nonsense that people peddle on the street. Worthless products often have "super" as part of their name.

Bottom line? Don't waste your time.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 2:42 pm

BongSao wrote:
So im not into walking up to girls i dont know who i think are cute and say "hi" or ask them their name because 1. i puss out and 2. i feel like its creepy to walk up to a stranger and introduce yourself and or ask them their name.

that being said, the next time i am in an airport or bookstore (sooner than later) my plan will be as follows:

- i spot a fair woman
- i walk to her

if she says "no" or even "go away" i will not be nearly as embarrassed as if i were rejected by asking her her name.
if she says "yes":
- i will gladly tell her that it was recently discovered that 110 million years ago there were crocs that grew to about 40 feet long and ate dinosaurs.

by this point i will have not much else to say about supercrocs, but at least the ice will be broken.

There have been many times when a man has walked up to me when I was seated or standing somewhere and out of the blue said "May I tell you about (....)?" In every single case- no exceptions- it has turned out that (.....) that he wanted to tell me about was a product he was selling. Now if a man says that to me I simply say "no. You may not tell me about (....)."

If you walk up to a woman and say this, the odds are very high that she will think you are trying to sell her something called "supercroc". If you don't already know that it is a large prehistoric crocodile, it sounds like it could just be some "super" cleaning agent or some other such nonsense that people peddle on the street. Worthless products often have "super" as part of their name.

Bottom line? Don't waste your time. You will just come back to this board complaining about your multiple rejections from that absurd line and they will go tell their friends that some guy tried to sell them something called "supercroc" but they are not about to waste their money on something that sounds inherently crappy.

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 2:57 pm

You posted your last reply twice, though in somewhat modified form. I guess you mixed up the "quote" and the "edit" options?!?

Anyway....

Janissy wrote:

Bottom line? Don't waste your time. You will just come back to this board complaining about your multiple rejections from that absurd line and they will go tell their friends that some guy tried to sell them something called "supercroc" but they are not about to waste their money on something that sounds inherently crappy.

I would never have thought about that, but your scenario seems the most plausible I've read so far.

You're a neurotypical woman, right?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 4:00 pm

Salonfilosoof wrote:
You posted your last reply twice, though in somewhat modified form. I guess you mixed up the "quote" and the "edit" options?!?

Anyway....

Janissy wrote:

I would never have thought about that, but your scenario seems the most plausible I've read so far.

You're a neurotypical woman, right?

Ooops yes. I hit the wrong button and now it's too late to delete the double post (there is a window of perhaps half an hour when it lets you delete, or maybe less or more- any way that window is closed).

Yes, I'm a neurotypical woman. And I can't count the number of times some guy has sat down next to me and said "let me tell you about....". Always a guy. I suppose the women with something to sell are using this line with men. I can't possibly be the only woman this has happened to so the odds are high that whichever woman gets subjected to this line will briefly wonder what the product "supercroc" is but mostly just be annoyed at somebody trying to sell her something. Sometimes the (...) they want to tell me about is Jesus, but I don't think anybody will confuse supercroc with Jesus and think it's religious. Probably they'll just think it's a variant on the Shamwow (or other silly product with a silly name).

BongSao
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2009, 4:04 pm

Janissy wrote:
BongSao wrote:

- i spot a fair woman
- i walk to her

if she says "yes":

ok, alot of you dont seem to understand 2 things.

1. i get a personal kick out of creeping people out. it makes me laugh and i don't care how stupid i look.

2. i dont expect this to work, read what i just wrote above.

christ almighty.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 4:47 pm

BongSao wrote:
Janissy wrote:
BongSao wrote:

- i spot a fair woman
- i walk to her

if she says "yes":

ok, alot of you dont seem to understand 2 things.

1. i get a personal kick out of creeping people out. it makes me laugh and i don't care how stupid i look.

2. i dont expect this to work, read what i just wrote above.

christ almighty.

Your right. I don't understand those two things. It seems like a pointless exercise that will only accomplish having women roll their eyes at you and say "no. I don't want to hear it". If that actually is your goal and you get a kick out of it then...Theory of Mind just fails me there, because I truly don't understand what would be so entertaining about that.

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 5:06 pm

because i think its funny to make people's days a little less ordinary. interested or not, guarantee you she will be wondering why the hell someone walked up to her talking about 40 foot crocodiles. i think it's hilarious and don't really care if you understand it or not, just as much as i don't understand who you're trying to convince that talking about supercroc isn't going to get me women when i knew this from the beginning.

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2009, 5:10 pm

It's because you've put this in the love&dating forum where people are usually asking if such and such a line will get them the girl not if it will be funny or not ;) You can't blame people for not reading all the posts in a thread on this website, some of us are known to be a little verbose at times and there are only so many hours in the day :lol:

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 5:42 pm

racooneyes wrote:
It's because you've put this in the love&dating forum where people are usually asking if such and such a line will get them the girl not if it will be funny or not ;) You can't blame people for not reading all the posts in a thread on this website, some of us are known to be a little verbose at times and there are only so many hours in the day :lol:

lol i know, i mean, im seriously going to do it, but seriously as fun and for kicks. i just really didnt think people would think that i honestly thought that this was a good way to get women. plus its hard to read tone on the internet. :P

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2009, 5:55 pm

BongSao wrote:
i just really didnt think people would think that i honestly thought that this was a good way to get women.

lol you aint been here long have you?

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 6:11 pm

haha i guess not

Luntan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2009, 6:14 pm

THIS THREAD IS NOW NON-SERIOUS THREAD

I think you should get a full-body crocodile suit to go with the whole inquire. If you honestly want people weirded out, that would certainly do it.

and post videos of it on youtube. XD

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 6:25 pm

Luntan wrote:
THIS THREAD IS NOW NON-SERIOUS THREAD

I think you should get a full-body crocodile suit to go with the whole inquire. If you honestly want people weirded out, that would certainly do it.

and post videos of it on youtube. XD

if someone donates a fullbody crocodile suit, s**t, im game.

BurningMoose

30 Dec 2009, 7:06 pm

There's no reason not to talk to people in airports. Somebody on this thread said "isn't it freaky???" The answer is no. As long as you're not really weird, they'll probably appreciate conversation instead of sitting there by themselves quietly. I've met a couple girls and gotten numbers in airports, it's really no different from anywhere else you feel like talking to people.

Luntan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2009, 9:03 pm

BurningMoose wrote:
There's no reason not to talk to people in airports. Somebody on this thread said "isn't it freaky???" The answer is no. As long as you're not really weird, they'll probably appreciate conversation instead of sitting there by themselves quietly. I've met a couple girls and gotten numbers in airports, it's really no different from anywhere else you feel like talking to people.

But if you talk to people in airports they might think you are a foreigner.

Jokes aside, yes I agree, but then you are hell of smooth somehow, starting conversations in public. Are you american? I hear they do alot of that.

We scandinavians wouldn't dare talk to each other in public for fear of violating somebody's little slice of public space. So strange that in scandinavian countries AS-behavior and NT-culture meet on that one issue. I've heard that in Finland they went even further by completely abolishing speaking and replace it with continued silence broken by random outbursts.

Sorry, sorry. I've been wasting 3 hours watching clips of stand-up on youtube when I should've been studying. I must try again tomorrow. <---- This last line is not a joke.