Women can also initiate relationships!

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

Iloverussia wrote:
Matt55 wrote:
I hate the old-fashioned notion that men are supposed to be the one's to ask a woman out. In my opinion it's socially illogical, yet many people seem to follow this bizarre sexist rule! Whenever I approach women my age, they are very uneasy and nervous when I ask them out for a drink or make slightly flirtatious comments. I then assumed for many years that it's the woman's role to ask the man out, it wasn't until recently that I discovered that it is the man's role to ask a woman out. However I strongly disagree that men should be the only one's to initiate a relationship. Society needs to realize that women have just as much right socially to ask the man out! I fu..ing hate this current sexist "social code" that it is the man's responsibility to ask a woman out! It has deprived me of many potential girlfriends for too long! In addittion it is wrong to believe that women shouldn't take charge!

Asking a woman out is called being a man.

I don't see the logic in that

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 4:52 pm

I have no problem making the first move if I feel strongly about it. Better than the alternative of two people never managing to take it to the next level even though they like each other. More women should try it, and then maybe there wouldn't be so many lonely shy people thinking nobody is attracted to them.

Besides, if only men are supposed to make the first move, what are lesbians to do? :lol:

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

I have asked men out. Seriously, the "waiting pose" can be frustrating and not productive.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

i'm sick and tired of people using the argument that it is part of being a Man, by taking charge, initiative, asking out, being assertive, what or where is the logic in that?

TM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:20 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i'm sick and tired of people using the argument that it is part of being a Man, by taking charge, initiative, asking out, being assertive, what or where is the logic in that?

Since when is social behavior logical? If it was we could just axe psychology, sociology and have our debates in philosophical terms.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

I often have made the first move, pretty much with every guy I've dated except when I dated/got engaged to my best friend.

With girls I usually make the first move.

I made the first move with a little... thing I have going on with a guy right now. Some lesbian I am!

I prefer to pick my partners, and if they don't escape, then woo hoo! :P

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

meems wrote:
I often have made the first move, pretty much with every guy I've dated except when I dated/got engaged to my best friend.

With girls I usually make the first move.

I made the first move with a little... thing I have going on with a guy right now. Some lesbian I am!

I prefer to pick my partners, and if they don't escape, then woo hoo! :P

the social norm screws, hurts socially-awkward, socially-inept guys

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Most women I have been with have made the first move so I don't think it is that uncommon

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:50 pm

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
I have no problem making the first move if I feel strongly about it. Better than the alternative of two people never managing to take it to the next level even though they like each other. More women should try it, and then maybe there wouldn't be so many lonely shy people thinking nobody is attracted to them.

Besides, if only men are supposed to make the first move, what are lesbians to do? :lol:

theyre supposed to have a man pick both of them up at the same time, duh :P

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

Matt55 wrote:
I hate the old-fashioned notion that men are supposed to be the one's to ask a woman out. In my opinion it's socially illogical, yet many people seem to follow this bizarre sexist rule! Whenever I approach women my age, they are very uneasy and nervous when I ask them out for a drink or make slightly flirtatious comments. I then assumed for many years that it's the woman's role to ask the man out, it wasn't until recently that I discovered that it is the man's role to ask a woman out. However I strongly disagree that men should be the only one's to initiate a relationship. Society needs to realize that women have just as much right socially to ask the man out! I fu..ing hate this current sexist "social code" that it is the man's responsibility to ask a woman out! It has deprived me of many potential girlfriends for too long! In addittion it is wrong to believe that women shouldn't take charge!
i wholeheartedly agree. i think its absurd that social protocol basically dictates guys make the first move every time they are interested.

personally, i think its incredibly attractive when girls initiate like this.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:20 pm

I was a ladies' man up until it became no longer "okay" for the girl to make the first move in a relationship (seemed to happen just before high school). In four years (fifth through eighth grade), I had three girlfriends. Then the social landscape changed, and I've had one girlfriend since (my sophomore and part of my junior year of high school). It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to waste time lamenting how things are. Instead, I'm just going to adapt the best I can.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 10:55 pm

I think women asking out men should be socially acceptable. I'm sure guys are just as nervous to ask out girls as girls are when they ask guys out. I asked the guy out on my first ever date last year. I figured out that the guy was interested, and tried to send him hints, but that failed miserably. He didn't get any of the hints. Women seem to pick up more hints than men. In the end, I got sick of waiting, so I finally got the nerve to ask him out and he said yes. We even went on a few dates after that. With the guy I've been seeing now, we kind of go back and forth on planning dates. I asked the guy most recently. I must admit that asking out guys is nerve-wracking, but it sure beats waiting for guys to approach you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Sep 2012, 1:39 am

My 2 ex girlfriend & my current which is 3rd &should be last all made the 1st moves with me but it was on online forums. I'm very thankful they did. I had a girl ask me 1ce when I went to get my haircut if I had a girlfriend. She was a stylist(or whatever the term is for the women who cut hair) she wasn't the one cutting my hair thou & while I was waiting for my turn I overheard her talking to the one who was cutting my hair about how she was wanting a boyfriend. I doubt she would of had any problems getting a guy by how she looked & was acting & all but anyways I told her I did have a girlfriend because I was in my 2nd relationship at the time & I heard her mutter/say something like shucks. Getting hit on like that made me fell really good. If I was single at the time I would of said No & then probably would of embarrassed myself major & then felt sick for the rest of the day but instead I felt on top of the world

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 4:19 am

Iloverussia wrote:
Matt55 wrote:

Asking a woman out is called being a man.
do you even have aspergers??.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 4:20 am

Matt55 wrote:
I have nothing against men asking women out, I think that women initiating a relationship should be just as accepted as a man initiating one. I am not any less of a man just because I believe women should have equal responsibility.
women should also run around topless...equality ftw.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
Matt55 wrote:
I have nothing against men asking women out, I think that women initiating a relationship should be just as accepted as a man initiating one. I am not any less of a man just because I believe women should have equal responsibility.
women should also run around topless...equality ftw.

still, girls making the first move, initiating, asking a guy out is like the lottery, it's that rare