Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hanazai
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2010, 3:03 pm

One AS guy said "It feels like when the sun is shining warmly on your face"

For me, love is when I think of someone special to me and I get tingles in my toes and butterflies in my tummy all at the same time and I walk around with a funny grin all day, singing.

What is your experience?

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2010, 3:50 pm

For me It's when I have the most pure state of mind, and it feels like I'll never be mad, sad, worried, anxious, depressed, etc.

It is the ultimate thrill lol

kip
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 4:04 pm

For me love is knowing that when I wake up that person will be there of their own free will, not some weird required interaction.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 4:44 pm

What makes you think any of those things qualifies as actual 'love'? They all sound like schoolboy crushes to me. Feelings like that are fleeting and superficial. I thought love was supposed to be able to weather a lifetime.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 5:41 pm

There just aren't enough good words to separate and define all the various aspects of what we lump together as 'love'.

The feeling of being in love for me is no one particular thing. I tend to go through various stages with various different complex feelings and emotions in each. There's the classic warmth, butterflies, tingles. Light headedness. A feeling of full body stimulation. Then there's the painful side. You might ache, you might feel lonely when your loved one is not with you. One can feel twisted or crushed. Sometimes the feelings of love are confusion, anxiety, or fear. Sometimes it's good and bad, a kind of exquisite agony. You might realise that the love you feel now will fade, loved ones come and go, live and die.

That covers maybe a small part of the whole shebang.

Overall though it's great, even the downsides.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 5:41 pm

jeffhermy wrote:
For me It's when I have the most pure state of mind, and it feels like I'll never be mad, sad, worried, anxious, depressed, etc.

That's nothing like how I experience it!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:09 pm

Moog wrote:
jeffhermy wrote:

That's nothing like how I experience it!

I'd have to agree with jeff. Whenever I was with my ex, the storm of thought in my head actually went away and my thoughts became calm and clear for the first time in my life... I was actually able to sit there and not be thinking about something or another. It was such a transcendental experience, and I'm sad that I will never be able to feel that again :cry:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

That's interesting. It seems to me that when I fall the chaos in my head and body goes bananas. I guess folks can experience it in many different ways.

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:30 pm

very aspie outlook

you know how you view couples holding hands and dont understand why? When you are in love it suddenly makes sense

or to put it in a less cheesy way. To me its like this. When you are in love, its not that you want her more then anyone else in the world. Its when you dont want anyone else

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:35 pm

And all the cheesy songs on the radio suddenly become palatable.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:49 pm

I don't know. I only know generalized broadbased affection.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 8:28 pm

Moog wrote:
That's interesting. It seems to me that when I fall the chaos in my head and body goes bananas. I guess folks can experience it in many different ways.
Thats what I feel when there's that initial crush/infatuation with a woman. I'm talking about when she actually returns the feelings and you're actually spending time together...

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2010, 8:50 pm

What is a woman's point of view in all this? I've never been in love (yet), so I'm not sure. Curious as to how some aspie women see it? :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 9:22 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Moog wrote:
Thats what I feel when there's that initial crush/infatuation with a woman. I'm talking about when she actually returns the feelings and you're actually spending time together...

I've never been very good at sustaining relationships.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 9:42 pm

I would say that being "in love" with a person makes me feel the way I do when visiting a mountain stream as the first warm rays of spring caress the woods. I don't know any better way to describe it than that.

Side_Kick
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2010, 10:00 pm

Kaysea wrote:
I would say that being "in love" with a person makes me feel the way I do when visiting a mountain stream as the first warm rays of spring caress the woods. I don't know any better way to describe it than that.

This made me sigh... In a good way... Beautiful imagery. :)

I hope it's not wrong for me to chime in on the subject (not AS, but perhaps suspicious, since I seem to have A LOT of traits in common. That's another subject, in and of itself)...

Love, for me, has always been a feeling of absolute, enormous, indescribable gratitude for the existence of said person. (It's only happened twice, so I don't have too much to go on). Separate from how the person makes me feel, or any physiological symptoms I experience while in their presence/thinking of them, I just feel this overwhelming sense of reassurance in knowing that this world contains a person such as them. Like no matter how bad anything gets, I know that there is a person out there somewhere who houses all of the attributes I find most important, most inspiring, and most commendable. And, it has lasting power... I still feel that way about the first individual, though it's been years since we last conversed.