Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

Looks good to me. I have no problem with it!

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

I just find it funny that people buy that visible muscles are a sign of strength when in all actuality it just goes to show how much they've starved themselves. An example of real strength looks nothing like the hollywood vision of it.

World Record holding Olympic weightlifter
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Hoseinrezazadeh.JPEG

vs. *insert picture of random hollywood actor who can't lift half as much.*

Fitness my butt.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

Bit of an assumptious thread title, I didn't find that interesting at all.

It's just all image based and no different to a woman dressing herself up as a barbie doll.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

What about it is interesting?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 5:21 pm

So how does this factor into the ability to land a relationship?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

As a middle aged woman, I have had to live through the 1980' and 1990's mass media telling me that I had to have a perfect body.

I don't wish this assumption on anyone (female or male).

I am a techno-twit and don't know how to download a youtube.ca video. Someone post a clip of Jane Russell doing "Isn't Anyone Here for Love" from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Look at the athletic men in this clip. These chaps would be considered buff, toned, awesome in the 1950's. Notice that they look everyday normal by today's standards. Also, note that Jane Russell herself is a healthy size 14. Gorgeous!

I'm sure that these movie actors (and actresses) are interesting and decent people. However, when it comes to relationships - one doesn't marry or date a six pack abdomen or a defined muscle group - one dates and marries a person and people come in all sorts of wonderful shapes and sizes.

Also, when these actors and actresses are between jobs - they often relax and eat pizza and pasta like everyone else. They buff up and diet in preparation for the next gig when it comes around. Remember, looking like they do is what they do for a living. Tobey Mcguire is PAID to look like he does in Spiderman. It's is job to spend hours in personal training and having a strict diet so that he looks toned to play a role. The rest of us have other careers and jobs where our responsibilities lie elsewhere (such as nursing, teaching, manufacturing, labour, technical support and administration, etc). We spend 8 to 10 hours per day at our jobs. I don't expect Tobey Mcguire to be particularly good at any of our jobs. I don't imagine many of us would do as good a job playing Spiderman. :D

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 8:34 pm

Ironman triathletes are the toughest people in the World. They look nothing like the Hollywood stereotype. Healthy human body is pretty lean with small-ish but well defined muscles. Like this:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BnUuEJ5V ... vid+Dellow

Or women:

http://www.frasercartmell.com/wp-conten ... aii_01.jpg

The beefcake/hunk look takes 2 hours in the gym every day, and a dozen eggs for every meal (protein). I bet you they couldn't even run 10K let alone a marathon.