05 May 2006, 4:30 pm

TehFix0r wrote:
I think this sums it up: :(

I like your avatar.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 5:18 pm

I have been consistently, persistently single since I was 10 (when I had a serious girlfriend, yes 10). That's been 21 years now.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 6:38 pm

I've been married for 15 years this month.

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2006, 11:02 am

Single and cursed.

Okay, well that's a joke really. I can be fickle sometimes, which leads me to date only once in a while. Knowing about the AS and looking back now, I feel I'm sort of lucky.

So looking too, I guess.

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2006, 12:30 am

Single, and I wouldnt know where to look.

I think I'd feel more confident w/myself if I can land a job. I've had two and it didnt work out so well.

babybear3333
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2006, 3:26 am

single again :?

mielikki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2006, 12:27 am

In my 3rd long-term relationship. The first one lasted 9 years, the second one 12 and this one 10 so far.

I am a serial monogamist. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2006, 3:33 am

I think single but taking the time to keep working on myself best describes me. Not that I don't love myself and all that but I've realized this and all my friends anytime the subject gets arround to me get after me about this - while other guys find my way of thinking about women and sizing up the scene as real respectable they aknowledge (as I do) that people are very narrow minded in this area (no, actually in general probably), they have their blinders on, and that my personality and emotions operate too far outside that narrow confident-----not confident scale. They feel as well as I do that untill I can get myself out of that, really start busting up, being goofy (can drunk or arround close friends but not sober off the start), and most importantly I need to stop wanting to have intelligent conversations with women off the start or probing to see a bit of the real them - they're supposedly all used thinking that all guys want is sex and its either taken as underhandedness, disinterest, or manipulation when a guy isn't playing the roll he's supposed to on that.

For me though, to feel comfortable actually playing the field, schmoozing, actually wanting a girl I don't know and feeling comfortable acting the part, I'm going to have to continually keep trying to relable that aspect of life and give myself constant attitude readjustment till I can not only find what works for me but feel at home enough with it that I don't look or feel nervous, don't feel like I'm trying hard, apparently nervousness or any sign that could be taken as lack of confidence women can't miss no matter how well a guy tries to hide it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2006, 1:21 am

mielikki wrote:
I am a serial monogamist. :D

Well, that's become the norm in our society, no? :wink:

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 8:07 pm

Seriously? I'm finding it hard to find any girl who would like me. The right girl I mean. Seems hopeless but I'm still looking.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 9:04 pm

single, not looking.
i don't think i have ever liked someone that way

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 1:44 am

lol, another reason I don't really try - I still have enough days where if Dave DeAngelo met me and realized I had his cd's he'd probably refund my money, tell me I'm the antichrist, and tell me not to even associate myself with his name. While I can sometimes be kinda smooth when I'm drunk I also have days where absolutely everything - everything - I do is completely and absolutely 180 opposit of the right way (no, it's not about even looking needy or coming off as nice, just that most people couldn't even dream of topping me at saying the wrong things, sending the wrong vibes, being too responsible or attentive to the task at hand with whatever my group is doing at the times that the only thing that's appropriate is to just blow everything off and schmooz). I try not to get down on myself when I have days like this but at the same time I can't help but feel, when it does happen, regardless of how much I try to separate myself from it, that I pretty much diserve every bad thing and humiliation with the opposite sex that could possibly happen and then some...pretty much for the rest of my life.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:48 am

I'm actually in several weird pseudo-relationships via the internet at the moment where in most of them neither of us have actually said that we wanted anything it's kind of obvious one of us wants something more, however i'm not really into any of them in that way, well maybe one of them, it's mostly just because they're depressed and turning them down could really hurt them, so i'm betting they'll find someone else before I have to make any decisions, well more like hoping, in the most important case it's a weird kind of limbo between friend and gf/bf. :?

By the way, I agree with emp, and would like to add that it can also be interpreted other way (I hate this relationship so much i'm counting the days) like in one of those prision movies I don't know any cases but you can bet there are people out there in relationships that they don't want to be in for whatever reason(s).

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2006, 12:08 pm

Single and not looking. I am completely asexual and not interested in any kind of relationship at all. I much prefer my own company. ^_^