Qualities you want in a guy/girl?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 1:27 pm

For those NOT in a relationship what type of qualities are you wanting? physical (tall etc.) or understanding of your AS/quirks/traits?) (If so which ones would you want your mate to understand the most/accept etc. :-) I obviously don't expect a guy to understand all my traits etc. but if he could listen to me talk on and on about a topic would be great and I love planning in advance stuff. (I can see it now Oh I can't go out with you guys me/girlfriend planned to go out tonight 6 months ago) LOL! :-) Also be understanding I say stupid stuff and might say the wrong thing and please don't take offense to it. and as another one of my topics state (DO NOT CALL ME YOUR WOMAN!) I am to be referred by "your girlfriend" or my name! :-)

hrmpk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2010, 2:26 pm

Physically, I'm afraid of girls that weigh more than me, and I happen to be a....err....lolicon. I happen to be messed up enough that AS is a small problem, so It's kind of important that whoever I'm with be willing to accept...a lot of messedupness. And I realize that that's a rather unrealistic expectation. I always feel rather sad when people expect me to be normal.

Practically speaking though, I don't know how to have relationships, and I'm likely to be abusive, so I don't want to be with anyone.

Sorry for being dark.

Amber-Miasma
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2010, 2:39 pm

Ideally I'd like a partner who was a little different, a little quirky, didn't shout and scream, a soft spoken kind of girl and who wasn't afraid to talk about "taboo" or "weird" subjects openly, oh and who put up with my quirks/beliefs as well, of which I'm afraid to say there are many :P. As for physical traits I'm not all that bothered to be honest, as longs as everything's where it should be :lol:

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 2:51 pm

Physically: I've never had a set of physical traits I was looking for, I just want there to be mutual attraction.

The rest:
-honesty
-somewhat similar beliefs
-someone who doesn't settle for what's handed to them, but will work for what they want
-we could talk to each other about all kinds of stuff
-a 'guy' guy...for some reason I don't get on well with feminine guys
-sense of humor

That's about all I can think of :]

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 2:53 pm

Excellent looks and loyalty.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 3:00 pm

Age 40-55
Height - Don't care
Religion - Don't care
Politics - Don't care
Hair color - Don't care
Eye color - Don't care
Children - Not a problem
Build - Not too keen on fat ladies
MUST be none smoker
MUST not use drugs
MUST accept me as I am

Vanilla_Slice

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2010, 3:11 pm

When it comes to physical features there isn't much but id probably be more attracted to somebody who isn't overwight and takes care of themselves to at least some extent.

However what is essential, is that im able to relate to them. It would probably help if they have a few things in common with me, i get along with them, and we share at least some common interests with me which would probably include, but not limited to philosophy, sports (probably rather unlikely), geography, religion, and/or psychology

EDIT also it would be useful if the other person was open minded to other peoples opinions, and id also prefer somebody who isn't really really quiet, as i can be too, and it might cause a lot of rather awkward silences

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2010, 5:55 pm

I'm not really picky. I'd prefer someone who not into partying. I'm straight edge but my partner doesn't have to be thou I'd rather not have to deal with a drug, alcohol or smoking addiction. I'm not attracted to slu*ty women either. After that I'd like to find someone who can accept me the way I am & can be my best-friend. I am attracted to women who other guys find kind of needy/clingy/dependent ect but that could be cuz I think they mite be more willing to give me a chance sense I have things myself maybe we can relate. I also notice I kinda like women who are kind of ditsy, clumsy, weird, random, hyper, ADHD ect; I think that's funny & cute for some rezone but it's not really on my checklist or anything but I do have a warped sense of humor.
Physical appearance is not important to me as long as she's not dressing like a trap or trying to attract a lot of attention with her looks. I'm not attracted to women who dye their hair rainbow colors, show off tattoos or their chest or their tongue piercings ect. I'm more into the conservative look or the no effort in hygiene or appearance look. I go for women most guys don't' like

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2010, 6:22 pm

-non-smoker and druggie
-healthy weight and lifestyle
-someone who isn't full of themselves, demeaning, and/or abusive (I haven't so lucky finding guys in this front :cry: )
-understanding of my condition and personality
-something in common

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 7:14 pm

I just want someone who is decent. Someone who is nice, honest and accepting. That's all.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 8:01 pm

physical: meh, I prefer tall guys but it isn't mandatory.

Personality: intelligent, motivated, assertive, stands up for themselves, honest, knows how to love and wants to be loved.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2010, 8:39 pm

The qualities I want:

--Looks: No fat chicks. Thick girls are fine, provided it's in all the right places, but that's as far as it goes. At least take care of yourself.

--Personality: Loyal, honest, accepting, really fun to be around but not slu*ty. I have a sense of humor that's a mix of Seinfeld, 4chan/Encylcopedia Dramatica memes, dead baby jokes, and otaku humor in the vein of Lucky Star and Genshiken. Someone who'll put up with my beliefs and accept me for who I am. (I'm a total anime geek who's also opinionated as hell.)

--Alcohol/tobacco/drugs: Smoking in moderation is fine, but it'd be better if tobacco smokers moved to weed instead (Unlike tobacco and alcohol, nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana). Booze can be fine once in a while, but no alcoholics.

--Children: Completely out of the question. I'm just not a father-type. I don't want any kids of my own, and I damn well don't want to be an automatic daddy dealing with anyone else's little brats!

--Religion: Irrelevant, as long as you don't push your beliefs on me. You don't try to convert me, I don't try to de-convert you, and the world is big enough for the both of us.

--Politics: See above.

That's all I can think of for now.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

30 May 2010, 9:16 pm

astaut wrote:

I guess you wouldn't get along with me very well. :P

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 9:56 pm

MrDiamondMind wrote:
astaut wrote:

I don't mind if a guy is like that as a friend, but I don't see it as attractive in a partner. For instance...I dated a guy who wore women's earrings and used a hair straightener. :scratch: It was just a bit much for me, lol.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

30 May 2010, 11:14 pm

astaut wrote:
MrDiamondMind wrote:
astaut wrote:

I don't mind if a guy is like that as a friend, but I don't see it as attractive in a partner. For instance...I dated a guy who wore women's earrings and used a hair straightener. :scratch: It was just a bit much for me, lol.

I don't do things like that, and don't own any female equipment. But I do have long hair and touch it often. I don't look, act, or move around in a very masculine way, and some humans tend to think I'm a non-hetero. Fools. :doh:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 11:47 pm

Here goes:

Somewhere on the autistic spectrum (I have trouble reading social cues and hints that NTs sometimes give).
Likes to travel.
High sex drive, preferences include oral and fetishes.
Leaving the starting a family option open (I am undecided myself).

Preferred but not required:

College-educated.
Conservative or libertarian political views.
Christian.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!