Need help with a Christian Ex-Girlfriend

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:43 pm

I had a girlfriend for a while about 2 years ago and she was a non practicing Jew (by family) and it was good and she accepted my social anexietys and just not being a very social person nd accepted me being an Atheist too until one of her friends turned her into a Christian. I tried being with her for about a month longer until finally I couldn't take all of the "I just want you to go to heaven" or "I want you too feel gods love like I do" as well as the "new christian morals" such as "believing being glbt is a choice" (I am bisexual which was offensive) and all kinds of other stuff like that. and I broke up with her. And now she has been stalking me pretty much the last year like calling me constantly wanting to see me or saying she misses me and stuff and now it is making me uncomfortable and I really don't want to tell her I am not interested or that I don't want to talk to her cause I just hate being rude to people and really don't know what to do...

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:45 pm

Stay away!

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2010, 5:46 pm

Tell her you'll get a restraining order if it continues.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

She sounds kind of crazy (well, she'd have to be... she's apparently become a born-again evangelical Christian). Best keep away.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:48 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
Tell her you'll get a restraining order if it continues.

I don't think it has really gotten to a point where I could legally get a restraining order and as I am under 18 I doubt my parents would let me as they are the hardcore right wing "you have to fight your own battles" type of stuff. I also don't think I could get a restraining order against her and not feel terrible about it....

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:51 pm

Well, just draw the line and say that you don't want to talk about anything to do with religion, and that you find some of her views offensive in the extreme. If she actually likes you, one would think that she would stop if you asked. If she doesn't, she's truly been lost to the cancer on the world's collective consciousness that is organised religion.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:54 pm

Avoid places that you know she'll be (unless it interferes with your life). Block her on MSN and any internet sites and block her cell number.

If she continues to harrass you, you will need to be blunt. It's better to be slightly rude now than wait for it to get to you too much and all come out in a meltdown.

A firm "I don't want to be converted. Please leave me alone" is more than polite enough.

If that doesn't work, proceed to "piss off" and variants of.

Walk away each time.

If worst comes to worst, report her to the college or school. She's not a physical threat, but she is repeatedly bothering you and if it's clear that you've tried to discourage her, they should do something about it.

Other than that, you could always try taking the piss out of her preaching. Not very mature, but it might work. Just be careful she doesn't turn around and report you!

Pity works well by the way. It may not discourage her, but it will help it getting to you as much.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 5:57 pm

KaiG wrote:
Well, just draw the line and say that you don't want to talk about anything to do with religion, and that you find some of her views offensive in the extreme. If she actually likes you, one would think that she would stop if you asked. If she doesn't, she's truly been lost to the cancer on the world's collective consciousness that is organised religion.

I could try that but what I really need to do is just get rid of her... I know it sounds harsh but she has become obsessed with me even going as far as trying to get info from me from other friends of mine. I mean she wants to be with me even though we don't share the same religion. And I don't just not want to be with her because she is a Christian (I have no problem with Christian people unless they force their views on others) it is mainly her obsessiveness and I don't think I am equipped to be in a relationship with her (I know she is bipolar (very extreme) and I think maybe schizophrenic so I am kind of afraid of how far this may go)

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

Lene wrote:
Avoid places that you know she'll be (unless it interferes with your life). Block her on MSN and any internet sites and block her cell number.

If she continues to harrass you, you will need to be blunt. It's better to be slightly rude now than wait for it to get to you too much and all come out in a meltdown.

A firm "I don't want to be converted. Please leave me alone" is more than polite enough.

If that doesn't work, proceed to "piss off" and variants of.

Walk away each time.

If worst comes to worst, report her to the college or school. She's not a physical threat, but she is repeatedly bothering you and if it's clear that you've tried to discourage her, they should do something about it.

Other than that, you could always try taking the piss out of her preaching. Not very mature, but it might work. Just be careful she doesn't turn around and report you!

Pity works well by the way. It may not discourage her, but it will help it getting to you as much.

Thats the problem I ignore all her calls on my cell phone so then she goes to call my house phone and I live with my Grandparents and they don't even ask who it is when someone calls and just hands me the phone no matter what (even if I say I don't want to talk to tell whoever calls I am not home) and they wouldn't block the phone number as they don't know how too and they really like the girl.

And I can't report her to a school as we go to different schools currently (I am a senior in high school and she is a sophmore in junior college)

I guess just being blunt could work... does anyone know what I should say or how I can say it in a way not mean but to the point"

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:02 pm

I think its come to the point where you're just going to have to hurt her feelings. Stalking is not an appropriate behaviour.

I know its not going to be easy but hopefully it will get her off your back.

Is it possible at all to get a new SIM card for your cell?

Last edited by hale_bopp on 11 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm

Just be blunt. She'll be hurt but she'll get over it and it's necessary. Tell her to stop calling/stalking you.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

Sometimes the most ardent converts lose their fervor just as quickly when they discover Christianity isn't going to make their life a ride on a pink cloud.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 8:06 pm

Oh, and please, please don't consider her an example for Christians. We get a bad rap because all the crazies of us are louder and more strange/incorrect than the rest.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 8:09 pm

Regardless of how you think your parents will react, you need to let them know what's going on. They may not do anything right now, but it is better to let them know now that you have concerns about the intensity of the young lady's attention to you. That way, if it does escalate in a way you don't want to see -- and I'm not saying it will, but just in case -- it won't come as a surprise to them that you're having issues with her. You are their child and they are responsible for your safety, so they need to be kept in the loop. Also, immediately block her from any email addresses or social networking sites and let your mutual friends and acquaintances know that you would prefer that they not give out information to her about your activities.

Now, that said, I realize she's making you very uncomfortable, but it's important to remember that people who have recently converted to a religion tend to want everyone in their lives to also convert. There are two sources: first, they've found something that is meaningful and helpful to them and want to share it with the people they care for; second, if others convert as well, it provides outside affirmation for the changes they have made to their own lives. This period usually lasts a couple of months, at most. I'm not saying that you should keep seeing her, just that there are reasons other than being unstable that she could be behaving in this way. She may just need a while to calm down. Also, as annoying as she is for you to live with, just think of what her non-observant Jewish family is living with on a daily basis. :roll:

dynastus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2010, 8:53 pm

Christian stalker?
Get a pentagram and other 'satanic' stuff,she just has to see it once and she won't follow you anymore.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:00 pm

Xenu wrote:
And now she has been stalking me pretty much the last year like calling me constantly wanting to see me or saying she misses me and stuff and now it is making me uncomfortable and I really don't want to tell her I am not interested or that I don't want to talk to her cause I just hate being rude to people and really don't know what to do...

You're not being rude if you stop unwanted advances. You're just standing up for yourself. She's making you uncomfortable which means she's the one being inconsiderate. She has put you in an awkward position. You are completely within your rights to be very firm with her.