Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 3:19 am

RICKY5 wrote:
I just don't get why he's upset. Just seems so counterproductive.

He's upset because he's grown emotionally attached to his girlfriend, and now that she is no longer there he misses her companionship horribly. It's perfectly normal behaviour. Also, he clearly places a high value on her as a person, whereas you value women solely on their willingness to have sex with you. Therefore, you are able to discard women as "a piece of tail" and move on quite easily, whereas for him it is much harder.

A lot of your comments are also inappropriate. For example, this one:
RICKY5 wrote:
Sex is really the "carrot" in the reward cycle that makes men bother with dating. If it were not for sex, do you honestly think that Men would put up with the crap they have to deal with In a relationship?

From what he has written, it is obvious that he does not consider sex as the carrot for getting a girlfriend, and has gladly put up with the stress of a relationship because he really likes and values the girl in question. It's quite mean to tell him otherwise when it is clear such a viewpoint doesn't apply.
RICKY5 wrote:
When whacking something with a shovel doesn't work, whack harder!

Suggesting sex is the answer to everything is your "shovel", and when it doesn't work it's time for a different approach. :)

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 11:34 am

How is pointing out the existence of biomechanics "inappropriate"?

What samtoo is experiencing is biomechanics in action. Our wiring demands that we want o connect with another human.

I experience it as well but have my workarounds.

I

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 7:00 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
How is pointing out the existence of biomechanics "inappropriate"?

What samtoo is experiencing is biomechanics in action. Our wiring demands that we want o connect with another human.

I experience it as well but have my workarounds.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes, we are wired to want to connect with another human, but that does not necessarily mean sex. He has connected with her on an emotional level and he misses her company rather than any sex he may or may not have had with her. When I said your comment was inappropriate, what I meant was that you were suggesting he missed her simply because he was no longer getting sex or that the possibility of having sex with her in the future has been removed. Judging from what he has posted here and elsewhere, in his case sex doesn't enter into the equation at all. It's like telling people they really love to eat carrots when they've just told you they don't. Does that make more sense?