Page 8 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

I know quite a few AS/AS couples, and all the ones I know seem to have solid and understanding relationships.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 2:20 pm

anneurysm wrote:
I know quite a few AS/AS couples, and all the ones I know seem to have solid and understanding relationships.

that is awesome. Here lies the problem. Nt guys are always hitting on aspie female and since there are more nt guys than aspie guys,
and nt guys have better social skills and not as shy, they are more likely to get an aspie female.

so many aspie guys are competing against nt guys for an aspie women love.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

billiscool wrote:
anneurysm wrote:

that is awesome. Here lies the problem. Nt guys are always hitting on aspie females and since there are more nt guys than aspie guys,
and nt guys have better social skills and not as shy, they are more likely to get an aspie female.

Not necessarily: I think you are generalizing here. How do you know that this is truly the case?

From my own experiences, (I have met hundreds of people on the spectrum due to my involvement in everything ASD) I've seen cases where many female aspies (including myself) have been rejected by NT males because of their inability to understand perspectives and emotional nuance. Just because an AS female gets with an NT male, doesn't mean it's going to go well. Female aspies get rejected too...and in some cases, repeatedly.

Also, the AS/AS couples I know have been together for a year or more: the longest one I know has been 5 years. :) Don't discourage yourself or think that a female will run off with someone more "socially able". There is someone out there for everyone, and I firmly believe in the saying "Birds of a feather flock together". Most aspies I know get along best with people who are like them: other aspies.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

anneurysm wrote:
billiscool wrote:
anneurysm wrote:

that is awesome. Here lies the problem. Nt guys are always hitting on aspie females and since there are more nt guys than aspie guys,

Not necessarily: I think you are generalizing here. How do you know that this is truly the case?

From my own experiences, (I have met hundreds of people on the spectrum due to my involvement in everything ASD) I've seen cases where many female aspies (including myself) have been rejected by NT males because of their inability to understand perspectives and emotional nuance. Just because an AS female gets with an NT male, doesn't mean it's going to go well. Female aspies get rejected too...and in some cases, repeatedly.

Also, the AS/AS couples I know have been together for a year or more: the longest one I know has been 5 years. :) Don't discourage yourself or think that a female will run off with someone more "socially able". There is someone out there for everyone, and I firmly believe in the saying "Birds of a feather flock together". Most aspies I know get along best with people who are like them: other aspies.

well, there just more nt men than aspie men. and since nt men hit on aspie women, they have a better odds of getting an aspie gf.
by the number game. I do agree that aspie male best chance is with another aspie women or even an eccentric nt women.
but I like I said, all these nt guys are getting to these aspie women first. so aspie men are left alone.

Boadicea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2013, 1:17 am

My current boyfriend happens to have AS. We both have dated NT's previously.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 Jan 2013, 2:32 am

Do aspie women date aspie men? Probably not at first. Aspergers has similarities to narcissistic personality disorder, so even average/fugly aspie women may believe they deserve Matt Bomer. Aspie guys are, of course, socially awkward losers, not good enough for the Queen of the Universe. But after a few hard knocks with NT men taking advantage of them for sex and then leaving for greener pastures, most of them come around and start to see things more reasonably. The ones who don't are either very hot or very stupid.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:20 am

Tyri0n wrote:
Do aspie women date aspie men? Probably not at first. Aspergers has similarities to narcissistic personality disorder, so even average/fugly aspie women may believe they deserve Matt Bomer. Aspie guys are, of course, socially awkward losers, not good enough for the Queen of the Universe. But after a few hard knocks with NT men taking advantage of them for sex and then leaving for greener pastures, most of them come around and start to see things more reasonably. The ones who don't are either very hot or very stupid.

uhhhh according to your comparison, if the women with AS are narcissistic, so are the men!! !! so the men must also be walking around thinking they deserve the hottest possible women until they "come around" :lol: . ohhhhhh the irony. so, are you still narcissistic or have you been taken down a notch yet?

(personally, i think your theory is bollocks. but goose=gander and all that)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:33 am

Two words: Apple bucket.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

i don't know what that means. :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:51 am

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

i don't know what that means. :(

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt221493.html

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:57 am

ahhh i see what you mean.

it doesn't really hold water, though. many women here on the board have had multiple NT men after them and they chose aspie men instead. aspie men were not seen as lesser options. the proof is in the pudding.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 7:58 am

hyperlexian wrote:
the proof is in the pudding.

Don't you mean "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"? :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 8:20 am

hyperlexian wrote:

it doesn't really hold water, though. many women here on the board have had multiple NT men after them and they chose aspie men instead. aspie men were not seen as lesser options. the proof is in the pudding.

Maybe they were the best apples, not all aspie men are sh***y apples.

But that also proves that women in general have a large broad of choices,usually much more than most men, that's the main reason why women usually become pickier than men over the years.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

it doesn't really hold water, though. many women here on the board have had multiple NT men after them and they chose aspie men instead

This would seem to accord with my theory, which you pretty quickly dismissed. Just because I'm not very good at choosing diplomatic wording doesn't mean I'm totally wrong. :-).

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 12:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Maybe they were the best apples, not all aspie men are sh***y apples.

But that also proves that women in general have a large broad of choices,usually much more than most men, that's the main reason why women usually become pickier than men over the years.

Yes, but the trend is in the opposite direction. Women start out very picky and then become less so as they enter the 30's--as they become less desirable to the most desirable men-- or at least they become picky about different things.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 12:52 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

it doesn't really hold water, though. many women here on the board have had multiple NT men after them and they chose aspie men instead

This would seem to accord with my theory, which you pretty quickly dismissed. Just because I'm not very good at choosing diplomatic wording doesn't mean I'm totally wrong. :-).

no, it's the exact opposite. according to what you said, they get rejected and pick from the bottom of the barrel, but according to what i am saying, they have multiple options but pick aspie men anyways. and no, not just the olds are doing that.

and Boo - yes, aspie men can be just as awesome as anyone else. or just as un-awesome. men have just as many choices as women. they are doing the initial choosing most of the time because our society puts them in the stupid position of being the askers.