What Do I Do?!? Met Someone New!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2010, 1:54 am

I'm starting college for the next year for 3D modeling, computer animation and stereoscopic composition. When I toured the school recently, although there was no class as it was on the weekend, out of the students working I was introduced to a young lady who seemed to be modeling a helicopter. She and I both recently graduated from high-school and from what she told me in our 10-second exchange she's from Michigan and since she graduated from high-school not too long go I'd assume she only recently moved out here to Central Florida.

I also recently moved to Central Florida, a month ago.

This girl and I won't have any class together because she's enrolled in the September 2010 to 2011 class, and I'll probably be in January to December 2011 to 2012 class. I'm going to the college to observe a day of class though soon and they have lunch break there, and it's right in Universal Studios Orlando so I'd guess they could also go out to get something to eat.

Anyway I'm wondering how I should interact with this girl. I already introduced myself when I met her for the 10-seconds on my tour. Not sure what to say next time I see her (And since I'll only be observing one or two classes before I start in January, I may only see her once depending on what I say). What I want to do is make a friend. And then, we'll see what happens.

Help me please! :fish:

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 10:36 am

Invite her to do something with you next time you see her. Best advice I could give is not to worry about how you come off. Follow your desires and let everything fall as it will.

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2010, 2:14 am

deadeyexx wrote:
Invite her to do something with you next time you see her. Best advice I could give is not to worry about how you come off. Follow your desires and let everything fall as it will.

I'd feel awkward though. I literally only talked to her for about ten seconds and that's it. I don't know how to approach someone after only meeting them for s short while before. I've never been in such a situation.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 4:08 am

Rosennoir wrote:
deadeyexx wrote:

I'd feel awkward though. I literally only talked to her for about ten seconds and that's it. I don't know how to approach someone after only meeting them for s short while before. I've never been in such a situation.

As it has been mentioned before to every user that asks about it the best way to loose awkwardness when asking a girl out comes by actually asking them out(Once you have asked a few girls out you will feel more secure because you realize rejection isnt the end of the world so you are less afraid of asking a girl out).

Right now you have nothing to loose, I would suggest asking her if she wants to have some coffee or something to eat, she is likely to know only a few other classmates so the chance of being rejected right now is smaller than if you wait a long period of time because she is likelier to have made friends by then and have other plans.

Just dont panic if she doesnt accept at first, its possible she has other plans and you can ask her again another day(I´d suggest you wait sometime after the first rejection,otherwise she might think you are obsessed with her or something), if you panic theres no chance at asking her out again because she will think you are some kind of freak.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html