On looks, leagues and other such irritants...

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:01 pm

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
What if someone is ugly on the outside and the inside?

What do you define as "ugly on the inside"? I ask this because I think we have different ideas of what that phrase entails.

Bitter, psychopathic, monster, etc... basically think of me and you'll get it...

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:18 pm

Chronos wrote:
There are people on here with AS who are rather average in looks or sub par and are still married or in a relationship.

But is that a desriable situation? Not really.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:50 am

BPalmer wrote:
Chronos wrote:
There are people on here with AS who are rather average in looks or sub par and are still married or in a relationship.

But is that a desriable situation? Not really.

I'm married to an NT and happy.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 2:11 am

People who are ugly on the inside are actually very frightening. I can pick up from vibes whether they're just a douche or actually ugly on the inside.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 2:16 am

hale_bopp wrote:
People who are ugly on the inside are actually very frightening. I can pick up from vibes whether they're just a douche or actually ugly on the inside.

can i carry you around in my pocket so that you can teach me this skill?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 2:24 am

hyperlexian wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

can i carry you around in my pocket so that you can teach me this skill?

Its a 6th sense thing. Not related to aspergers. You can attune yourself. Everyone has a sixth sense, some are just more attuned than others. I'm only slightly attuned. Not like people like psychics who are really attuned.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 2:51 am

Shadwell wrote:

You didn't have to wait until you were 35 for a first relationship, :puke: and eventually marry someone even older. Oh well, just have to put up with it for an indefinite number of years, now.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 5:58 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

What do you define as "ugly on the inside"? I ask this because I think we have different ideas of what that phrase entails.

Bitter, psychopathic, monster, etc... basically think of me and you'll get it...

1) I haven't seen the psychopathic monster side of you yet, just the depressed side.

2) If that is what you consider ugly on the inside, then I can only assume they'd either find people as ugly as themselves or nobody at all.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 7:30 am

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

1) I haven't seen the psychopathic monster side of you yet, just the depressed side.

2) If that is what you consider ugly on the inside, then I can only assume they'd either find people as ugly as themselves or nobody at all.

Well, I'm trying... real hard... to not be a monster. I don't want to be that, i want to be someone that is loved and lovable and all that.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

Since the whole reason behind dating (in the sense of nature's reason) is to reproduce, someone out of your league is someone who would have more to lose than to gain by reproducing with you. It isn't all "looks". Looks are a physical representation of health and genetic make-up.
That's why men generally have looser standards than women, and why slut is a demonizing label for women. Men don't end up pregnant.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 2:25 pm

Harpist wrote:
So I'm reading posts saying how you shouldn't try asking out people who look better than you do and that you especially shouldn't do this if you aren't particularly stunning socially. Dating "out of you league".

I'd question that. Keeping your distance from women because you regard them as too attractive is absurd. Leave every option open.

Last edited by Hector on 29 Nov 2010, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Josef_V2
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2010, 2:54 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

**Scanning**

Scan report:

Monstrous lifeforms: 0
Psychopathic signs: 0
Bitterness signs: 153589
Depression signs: 236987
Excessive Fat : 47.856%

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 4:41 pm

Josef_V2, you are cracking me up! i really love your take on things. hope we hear more from you.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 5:03 pm

BPalmer wrote:
Shadwell wrote:

You didn't have to wait until you were 35 for a first relationship, :puke: and eventually marry someone even older. Oh well, just have to put up with it for an indefinite number of years, now.

Yes, I was lucky in that regard and I'm sorry if you had to wait that long. And marriage is both awesome and terrible at the same time. Part of the awesome part is having someone who doesn't want to throw you down the stairs (most of the time) when you put your hands around them.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 11:44 pm

Josef_V2 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

**Scanning**

Scan report:

Monstrous lifeforms: 0
Psychopathic signs: 0
Bitterness signs: 153589
Depression signs: 236987
Excessive Fat : 47.856%

I like that!

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 11:49 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

Well, I'm trying... real hard... to not be a monster. I don't want to be that, i want to be someone that is loved and lovable and all that.

You really want to be a slave to a bunch of fickle people who don't appreciate you? Suit yourself!