How would you like to be proposed to?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2011, 6:30 pm

I know it's a silly question, but just imagine it.

I think it would be awesome if someone asked me by presenting me a blue feather along with "Will you accept this blue feather?" I find it cute and dorky, but who cares. It's a Harvest Moon (game) reference by the way.

What about you?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:34 pm

I could not fathom it ever happening to me...so I have no earthly idea

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:35 pm

In a boat in the middle of the sea, with just us, all alone.
Stefan promised that's how he'll propose to me when i'm ready.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2011, 6:41 pm

emlion wrote:

That sounds nice.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:44 pm

Silhouette-Song wrote:
emlion wrote:

That sounds nice.

It's going to be perfect. :heart:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRDEPArf04&playnext=1&list=PL0A24B9C7D15177B6&index=20[/youtube]

:lol:

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 8:02 pm

Well, I was proposed to with an onion ring . . . and I laughed and said okay. Then he asked again later in the week on the couch, and I said maybe. Then I asked him over the phone, and he said yes.

Such is the romance for me at 18.

If it happens again, I suppose I'd like to be proposed to inside a book I've lusted after. But without damage to the text! If it is the next Wheel of Time, it had better be readable. Of course, that would mandate falling in love by the end of this year.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

Not that I have an interest in marriage but I would prefer a private proposal. None of this "let's make a big public spectacle" stuff for me.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 8:27 pm

chaotik_lord wrote:
Well, I was proposed to with an onion ring . . . and I laughed and said okay.

Haha, that's really cute. :lol:

I just know I want it to be semi-private, like not in front of my parents or in the middle of a restaurant or something. And I don't want it to be a stereotypical thing like a ring hidden in a cake. I don't have anything specific in mind though.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2011, 9:16 pm

I don't care, as long as it's a guy that I truly love doing it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jan 2011, 9:31 pm

I'd like to be purposed to on the 1st date :P I'd like to discuss long term potential as soon as things start getting serious & then she just decide she's ready

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 10:14 pm

If I was going to propose, it would be on Christmas. I will "forget" the last gift, then say "Be right back, almost forgot" and bring out a humongous box. Then inside of that...would be a box. Then inside of that...would be another box. Then inside of that...would be a diamond ring, and at that point I will be behind her, on one knee...sticking my tongue out at her...after having sucked on a grape lollipop. Then I will propose.

That's been my plan for a while...if I ever get married, which is unlikely.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 11:35 pm

I never fantasized about this for some odd reason. When I think about it now, I think it's very romantic for men to get down on one knee. That's about it, though.

The first time someone proposed, it was casually and uneventful. The next time was an obsessive guy who asked continuously until I said "yes" (and I did say "yes" and it was a horrible, abusive marriage) (beware the obsessive guy who proposes continuously!). There was a guy who was trying to write a song to propose to me (I discovered the song) but he never did it (He ended up using the same song - just changed the name - to propose to the next girl he ended up with. How lame!). My husband proposed in the dead of winter at night in the middle of a gazebo and he did get down on one knee. I couldn't even see the ring it was so dark out. His little speech was very touching and lovely. (Mind you, I would've said "yes" no matter how he'd proposed because I wanted to be with him.)

Now, please understand that even though I've been proposed to a few times, only the last one was really worth having. There was little to no compatibility, in addition to other severe problems that were irrepairable. Honestly, I don't think it's the proposal that really matters. It's the relationship that precedes and the marriage that follows.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 11:52 pm

on a magic carpet

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 12:26 am

perhaps if after some hot amazing lovemaking one night, while we're laying still entangled in one another's passionate embrace, between cute, sweet, tender kisses and sighs of blissful satisfaction, she could tentatively pop the question, whispering it in my ear, and before we both drifted off into the peaceful oblivion of sleep, i'd smile at her, pull her closer holding her in my arms, and then kiss her deeply, look into those prettyful hazel-green eyes of hers and say, "Awwwh baby, i thought you'd never ask :). Of course i will :p :heart: "

Then of course there is the nonsexual, but nonetheless still very romantic version.
I really wouldn't care how my gf might propose 'cause i loves her.
however i might be just slightly disappointed though if it were something totally cliche :lol:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 12:37 am

I'd love it if a girl could just say she likes me... one step at a time, right?