Best friend confessed his attraction for me. Ick. Help?

Page 5 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:15 pm

Craig28 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I agree and shame on the guys who only used this thread to b***h about women.

Obviously you don't understand the male perspective.

Do you think that the "male perspective" is to make hateful posts about all women when someone as vulnerable as Em, who was abused all her life, is having a hard time and was in obvious danger of hurting herself?

There's all the rest of the forum for those who want to vent, why kick someone when they're down? To feel like a "man"?

You seem to think that all men are a***holes and you're wrong, they're not.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

Craig28 wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Obviously you don't understand that this is a support forum... calling someone a b***h runs counter to that concept.

Last edited by ToadOfSteel on 10 Jan 2011, 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:20 pm

Craig28 wrote:

The "male" perspective, or yours? I'm a guy, and you certainly as hell don't speak for me!

My best wishes for the OP and her boyfriend. :)

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:22 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Craig28 wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Obviously you don't understand that this is a support forum... calling someone a b***h runs counter to that concept.

I didn't call anyone a b***h. Look at the quotes clearer.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:23 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
Craig28 wrote:

The "male" perspective, or yours? I'm a guy, and you certainly as hell don't speak for me!

I was referring to the male perspective, and guess what, its a two way street: you don't speak for me either.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:24 pm

Still, you're not helping. This is a support forum. Yeah I've had problems with some things emlion has said in the past, particularly the bubbly happy BS thread that she and erisad are (inadvertently) taunting me with... reading that crap makes me only feel worse. But when someone asks for help on a support forum, either at least attempt to help or shut up. Even if Kilroy asked for help, I'd at least make an attempt to help him. Granted I don't ever see him doing that, but still...

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Still, you're not helping. This is a support forum. Yeah I've had problems with some things emlion has said in the past, particularly the bubbly happy BS thread that she and erisad are (inadvertently) taunting me with... reading that crap makes me only feel worse. But when someone asks for help on a support forum, either at least attempt to help or shut up. Even if Kilroy asked for help, I'd at least make an attempt to help him. Granted I don't ever see him doing that, but still...

Toad, I'm really sorry you feel so lonely and hurt by that thread, but please try to understand they're not doing it to upset you or "rub it in". They're just trying to bring a bit of a positive perspective in this part of the forum. Life can be very hard even when you're not single, we all need a bit of hope once in a while.

Avoid it if it's so hard for you, but remember others might benefit from this little hope they offer. Em and Erisad only have the best intentions.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:38 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Ah, glad this came to a happy endind. :D

I'd like to thank you Jonsi for being the only guy in this part of the thread who showed concern and tried to help. It's nice to meet you :sunny:
Eh? There must've been someone other than me who was concerned. Who wouldn't be?

But thanks!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:40 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
Toad, I'm really sorry you feel so lonely and hurt by that thread, but please try to understand they're not doing it to upset you or "rub it in". They're just trying to bring a bit of a positive perspective in this part of the forum. Life can be very hard even when you're not single, we all need a bit of hope once in a while.

Avoid it if it's so hard for you, but remember others might benefit from this little hope they offer. Em and Erisad only have the best intentions.

I've said my piece on that thread, and I came to an agreement with emlion that I wouldn't post in that thread anymore. But still, everytime I see [HAPPY THREAD] on the thread list, it just drives further into my head. It doesn't make me feel any better, I don't feel like I'm benefiting from what little "hope" they offer. Just because they can achieve doesn't mean everyone can.

And I think we all have the best intentions coming into L&D (even folks like Kilroy)... if you don't, you're a troll, and you'd be banned rather quickly. The problem comes in that the realities that some people are lovable and others are not, that it all falls apart into what you see.

Brainiac5
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2011, 8:41 pm

I do apologize, but the OP was very misleading. Em refers to this person as her best fiend for some reason, and didn't mention that he hit her. To me, it read as another "nice guy banished to friend zone" story like we see all the time.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:44 pm

Why can't we simply be happy that this all ended well, and, y'know, not be negative?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Why can't we simply be happy that this all ended well, and, y'know, not be negative?

While I cannot condone the actions of this "friend" of hers, nor some of the things he said, what I can identify with is that I'm often the one left behind. I see people get together all the time, and I get to sit on the sidelines and watch, because there's nobody out there for me.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:48 pm

Emlion and Stefan, I hope you're both ok. I've come in a bit late, but yeah, she has a friend here, too. Emlion, I hope you know I think you are so smart and fun and that you're definitely not all those negative things you said about yourself. If you ever need to chat or anything, just PM me.

I'm glad Stefan's home now. Emlion, I'd give you a big hug if I could reach you. Please be kind to yourself.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:49 pm

Jonsi wrote:

Psssssh. Of course not. This is L&D, where hope and happiness must be confiscated at the door, lest you upset the locals with positive thoughts. :/

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:52 pm

Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

Psssssh. Of course not. This is L&D, where hope and happiness must be confiscated at the door, lest you upset the locals with positive thoughts. :/

Okay, NOW you're definitely rubbing it in... :?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:52 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

While I cannot condone the actions of this "friend" of hers, nor some of the things he said, what I can identify with is that I'm often the one left behind. I see people get together all the time, and I get to sit on the sidelines and watch, because there's nobody out there for me.
Oh, don't say that. If you tell yourself that there's no one for you, you won't find anyone. You need to stay strong and not give up. Afterall, if you give up that easy outside of a relationship, what'll happen if you actually have one?

Just don't tell yourself that you can't or you won't.