Best friend confessed his attraction for me. Ick. Help?

Page 6 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:52 pm

Brainiac5 wrote:
I do apologize, but the OP was very misleading. Em refers to this person as her best fiend for some reason, and didn't mention that he hit her. To me, it read as another "nice guy banished to friend zone" story like we see all the time.

She wasn't misleading, apparently you didn't pay attention:

Quote:
Thing is, the friend is the jealous and angry type so I don't think he takes rejection well.

Quote:
He has hit me before. But only once.

& Yeah, I will only tell my boyfriend if things seem to be getting bad or tense. He knows the friend is a bit prone to violence...

Quote:
The boyfriend knows he hit me.
He obviously didn't like it. He didn't want me to see him again.
But I never listen, because i'm a stupid girl.

All these posts were made before yours. And even if you didn't read anything before posting, you should read the rules of this forum, your comment about "finding a cure for being female" breaks them.

If you think women are stupid and shouldn't exist why on earth do you want to date one? :?

Jonsi wrote:
Why can't we simply be happy that this all ended well, and, y'know, not be negative?

You're right Jonsi, I'm happy things are well and I'll just go back to my book now :)

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:53 pm

Brainiac5 wrote:
I do apologize, but the OP was very misleading. Em refers to this person as her best fiend for some reason, and didn't mention that he hit her. To me, it read as another "nice guy banished to friend zone" story like we see all the time.

Yeah but threads are like conversations, you have to follow them all the way through to get all the details, as well as to see how the tone changes. Note how the tone of the posts changes once emlion reveals that her friend had hit her. Before this revelation, everybody's (well, almost everybody's :roll: ) posts were as you probably originally thought: treating em's situation as the friend in unfortunate circumstances.

The only genuinely "misleading" part could be that she originally says the guy is her best friend, but then says in a later post that her boyfriend is her best friend. However I don't really think this is a particularly egregious error that can't be overlooked.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Why can't we simply be happy that this all ended well, and, y'know, not be negative?

Psssssh. Of course not. This is L&D, where hope and happiness must be confiscated at the door, lest you upset the locals with positive thoughts. :/

Okay, NOW you're definitely rubbing it in... :?

no she's right, any good news is stamped out because it will make someone sad
life is suffering, you cannot please everyone
I can see you just came here to vent more things, off topic completely, just cause you do that, then get mad because you think someone is rubbing it in

on topic, there is pro's and cons with telling your bf about this
I often write both down and look at them after weighing both options then make a decision I feel is the best one

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:56 pm

hi guys - i'm not sure even what i want to say at the minute.
just thanks for listening and helping.

i'm going to go to bed in a bit, just wanted to see what was going on.
to all the negative comments; i appreciate them too, and sorry if anything i said/did/have done offended you. i try not to, but sometimes i'm not very clear or i'm tactless in my approach.
to all the lovely sweet comments; you're amazing and brighten my day almost everyday when i come online.

i'll probably read it all tomorrow and try and clarify some things so i don't seem so much of a whiny b***h.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:57 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

Psssssh. Of course not. This is L&D, where hope and happiness must be confiscated at the door, lest you upset the locals with positive thoughts. :/

I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just frustrated that I'm not allowed to be happy in this forum without someone biting my head off or accusing me of something or the other. :/

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:59 pm

emlion wrote:

to all the negative comments; i appreciate them too, and sorry if anything i said/did/have done offended you. i try not to, but sometimes i'm not very clear or i'm tactless in my approach.
to all the lovely sweet comments; you're amazing and brighten my day almost everyday when i come online.

i'll probably read it all tomorrow and try and clarify some things so i don't seem so much of a whiny b***h.
Oh, you're not a whiny biznatch, a friend just took you by surprise. You and Stefan sleep well, now. :D

Brainiac5
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2011, 8:59 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
Brainiac5 wrote:

Yeah but threads are like conversations, you have to follow them all the way through to get all the details, as well as to see how the tone changes. Note how the tone of the posts changes once emlion reveals that her friend had hit her. Before this revelation, everybody's (well, almost everybody's :roll: ) posts were as you probably originally thought: treating em's situation as the friend in unfortunate circumstances.

The only genuinely "misleading" part could be that she originally says the guy is her best friend, but then says in a later post that her boyfriend is her best friend. However I don't really think this is a particularly egregious error that can't be overlooked.

Yes, that was my own fault. I did react out of frustration regarding friend zone situations. i do feel that many woman do make bad dating choices, and some don't even learn from their mistakes.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

Erisad wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just frustrated that I'm not allowed to be happy in this forum without someone biting my head off or accusing me of something or the other. :/
Dear God, I know what you mean. I admit, I have my immature and stupid moments, but still. :\

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

emlion wrote:

No problem emlion. Get some rest and clear your head. We'll be here for you. :)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

so you feel you get to dictate if a woman is allowed to have a guy as a friend?
she had a real problem and all you care was because he was a friend, and bashed her because...it reminded you of your life?
jeez

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

Kilroy wrote:
she had a real problem and all you care was because he was a friend, and bashed her because...it reminded you of your life?
jeez

If a woman wants to have a guy as a friend, there's no problem in that. If she has a problem she needs to talk about, well, thats what this forum exists for. What I do have a problem with is the fact that not only is she allowed to have a partner, she's allowed to talk about how great her life is in great detail... if that's not lording over the rest of us, I don't know what is...

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

Night night, emlion and Stefan. Love to you both. :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
jeez

If a woman wants to have a guy as a friend, there's no problem in that. If she has a problem she needs to talk about, well, thats what this forum exists for. What I do have a problem with is the fact that not only is she allowed to have a partner, she's allowed to talk about how great her life is in great detail... if that's not lording over the rest of us, I don't know what is...

So she isn't allowed to talk about her personal life because it upsets you? Oy vey... :roll:

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:10 pm

I'd say that too, but I'm a guy, it's wierd apperently to tell a friend that we love them. D:

Which is probably why I'm bad at making male friends. :D Homophobia abounds in men. v.v

Edit: this post is a reply to happymusic's post.

Last edited by Jonsi on 10 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
jeez

yeah, her life is happy, people become happy
its not for you to decide if we are allowed to be happy or where and when we can talk about it
its not my or her fault you're unhappy and she shouldn't have to be unhappy or be silent just because you're unhappy
the world doesn't revolve around you, one can be happy without being malicious
I could easily show you how, say I can be happy and sharing good news
and being malicious and rubbing it in your face
no one seems to care which is which, they just want to make eveyone around them feel as bad as they do-which you do!
I am glad a few people here are happy and finally saying something positive, its not their fault you or anyone else refuses to go out and try (or if you do try, that you don't succeed).
Grow up man, she got to where she was because she worked at it, I got to where I was because I worked at it, work is never easy, some have to work longer then others, that's not my fault, and I hope emilon doesn't stop sharing, just because a few people can't get past that she got somewhere and they didn't.

Brainiac5
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

Kilroy wrote:
jeez

Not my life, but in society in general. Everywhere I look, I see women chasing after total jerks. But when if a man is nice to a woman, she wants to castrate him and make him into her best girl friend.

Last edited by Brainiac5 on 10 Jan 2011, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.