Would anyone here attempt to date another WPer?

Page 1 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 12:44 am

I'm just curious to know if it ever happens, and I also have a confession:

I tried it, twice.

I liked their posts and knew enough about them to know that it might be worth exploring.

I sent a totally polite PM: very preliminary, respectful, absolutely sincere - and nothing even remotely suggestive, much less overtly sexual.

In both cases I was astonished by the ferocity of the reply - to paraphrase a little bit:

"LISTEN, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A HOOK-UP, YOUR CHANCES ARE ZERO - GOT IT?"

I'm not exaggerating at all, you would have thought I wrote: "Hey baby, wanna f*ck? :twisted: "

This happened almost exactly the same way, twice! Naturally I didn't attempt it again...

Is this this typical of Aspie females?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 12:45 am

I don't know anyone well enough to ever consider such a fact

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:00 am

Look on the bright side, at least there's no mindgame in that kind of response. :lol:

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:00 am

I couldn't date a WPer. I think my husband might get upset.

But I enjoy the messages I've received from other WPers. Nothing of any flirtation, of course, but a good friendliness. It adds another level to my experience here, which is great.

Addressing what your post is really about...

A friend of mine had a book that I teased him for YEARS for having. It was about straight guys getting women. It was full of raunchy advice and some stuff that I just plain disagreed with. One thing that they said was not to be offended if a woman stands you up on a date, that sometimes women just get scared or nervous and don't show up, and to still try to make another date and not be bothered. I'd never stand up anyone. I think that would be so rude! So, with that book in mind, I'd love it if you didn't take those rejections personally while acknowledging that these weren't women for you and it's better you find it out now than after months of dating. Of course, women are generally skiddish about internet men contacting them to meet up... even with guys who are a safe bet.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:20 am

I think its because people don't come here to hook up. I would date another wp member, only if we lived close to each other and hit it off, which is most likely extremely rare.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jan 2011, 1:26 am

I would date anyone who's interested in me but I ruined too many friendships & ended up having so much drama in the 6/7 years I've been trying so I'm done with trying but if someone is interested; they are more than welcome to PM me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:32 am

I don't know why you got such unpleasant replies. I suppose dating in general is a touchy subject to deal with.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:32 am

no just so many are bitter cause they can't hook up here

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:35 am

Uhh... :scratch: I'm trying. :D

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:36 am

Grisha wrote:

Is this this typical of Aspie females?

I don't think so :? It's fine to lay down the rules so both parties in the relationship understand, but I wouldn't do it that way. The aspie females I know wouldn't be that "ferocious".

As for the question...I'm willing to go on a date/hang out with most anyone one or two times. I don't know that I would contact anyone here with the intention of going on a date with them.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:36 am

dunbots wrote:

you have zell as an avatar
you are doomed to fail
FINAL FANTASY 8 SUCKS!! !! !! !! !

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:47 am

Grisha wrote:
I'm just curious to know if it ever happens, and I also have a confession:
I tried it, twice.
I liked their posts and knew enough about them to know that it might be worth exploring.
I sent a totally polite PM: very preliminary, respectful, absolutely sincere - and nothing even remotely suggestive, much less overtly sexual.
In both cases I was astonished by the ferocity of the reply - to paraphrase a little bit:
"LISTEN, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A HOOK-UP, YOUR CHANCES ARE ZERO - GOT IT?"

Man, what bad luck. Chances are that most of the women here are not in your age group and probably live thousands of miles away.

It wouldn't hurt them to be a "penfriend". I love having penfriends of both sexes from around the world.
You can open your heart to a penfriend and say things that you would not dare tell your best friend in real life.

(Yes this is an invitation to anyone who is interested. Anyone who wants a shoulder to lean on)

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:53 am

I live on the other side of the world so I obviously don't want a hook up but I get ignored. Maybe those responses are a good sign.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:59 am

Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
I live on the other side of the world so I obviously don't want a hook up but I get ignored. Maybe those responses are a good sign.

You live in New Zealand. You could hook up with Hale Bopp. (I wish I could) :D

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 2:01 am

Kilroy wrote:
dunbots wrote:

you are doomed to fail

Shut up Final Fantasy 7 n00b, FF8 could kick your ass. :twisted: :lol:

I'm obviously a ton more like Squall, but he looks too androgynous and generic, whereas anyone could pick out Zell. ;) I'm gonna change it to Laguna, he's always awkward (and his name means "friend" in a language I'm learning). :D

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 2:12 am

dunbots wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
dunbots wrote:

you are doomed to fail

Shut up Final Fantasy 7 n00b, FF8 could kick your ass. :twisted: :lol:

I'm obviously a ton more like Squall, but he looks too androgynous and generic, whereas anyone could pick out Zell. ;) I'm gonna change it to Laguna, he's always awkward (and his name means "friend" in a language I'm learning). :D

let me get something straight, I don't like any final fantasy
I hate squall, laguana is a pansy, zell is batshit insane
seifer is a loser
drawing magic SUCKS, triple triad was a terrible card game, why the hell did headmaster sid give me a lamp with the devil inside?!
those hover boards don't work on water *unless you have power*
what was the whole deal with the conveniently forgetting they were all raised at the same orphanage and that the woman who raised them was the sorceress!! *the first one*