Would anyone here attempt to date another WPer?

Page 4 of 11 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 11:13 am

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Yeah the gameplay was completely broken and the plot was full of holes, but squall is the first characteristically aspie video game character that I can think of. The only unrealistic thing about him is that he had chicks hitting on him a lot, but that's japanese games for you...

...whatever

Actually you probably noticed the women hitting on him because you were observing. Think about it, some of us wouldnt have a damn clue while it is happening to us, but we easily can point it out when it is happening to others.

Could quite possibly be true. I remember how it took a bunch of his friends constantly telling him that rinoa liked him and he didn't believe it, even as she literally dragged him onto a dance floor (also his awkward movements on the floor... definitely an aspie moment there), and then after the 2nd disc is over he finally gets it into his head and then becomes the most loyal partner anyone could ever have. Or was that just more of the poor plot writing of the game? I don't know...

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 11:32 am

hale_bopp wrote:
dunbots wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
dunbots wrote:
Uhh... :scratch: I'm trying. :D

you have zell as an avatar
you are doomed to fail
FINAL FANTASY 8 SUCKS!! !! !! !! !

Shut up Final Fantasy 7 n00b, FF8 could kick your ass. :twisted: :lol:

I'm obviously a ton more like Squall, but he looks too androgynous and generic, whereas anyone could pick out Zell. ;) I'm gonna change it to Laguna, he's always awkward (and his name means "friend" in a language I'm learning). :D

:P :P :P

yeah I just used suplex on the thing

I had to play that horseshit of a game (FF8) hence why I know how bad it is
yeah but...he gave me a lamp-WITH THE DEVIL inside,,,what sort of sick s**t is that

(and its nice to have a friendly video game banter then read pages of "I will never get a girlfriend"
squall is an unlikeable emo douche, horrid character (in my version I called him Scrotum and Rinoa, Vagina...it was hilarious

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 11:34 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:
What, I'm not allowed to enjoy video games, or talking to people about them? :P

No, you're not allowed to have a different point of view from Kilroy, otherwise he's going to openly hate you, because apparently he can't tolerate people that don't think like him...

I can't tolerate people who think they have it the worst and constantly bellitle everyone's problems by telling them this on a daily basis and spamming every thread (related or not) with depressing jargon and freely admitting he doesn't want anyone to talk about anything happy

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:33 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:

No, you're not allowed to have a different point of view from Kilroy, otherwise he's going to openly hate you, because apparently he can't tolerate people that don't think like him...

Actually I was commenting on Hale Bopp calling me a trainwreck. :P

And like Kilroy said, it was just friendly banter.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:

HB didn't call you a train wreck, she meant that thread had veered off topic!

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 1:58 pm

Oh, my bad then. Image :mrgreen:

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm

Grisha wrote:
dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:

and I suplexed said train

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jan 2011, 2:02 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Grisha wrote:
dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:

and I suplexed said train

Kinky! What's suplexed mean, is it dirty?

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

UrbanDictionary says it's a wrestling move. :shrug:

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 4:13 pm

Grisha wrote:
Thanks for the interesting replies, and the gaming stuff is fun to read too even if I haven't got the slightest idea what they're talking about...

Just to clarify, I had interacted with them on the boards, they were in my age group, and there were absolutely no romantic overtures beyond the simple fact that I am male and they were female. I didn't write anything that I wouldn't think twice about writing to a guy - and I certainly was NOT looking for a "hook-up", or even a real-life date at that point. I couldn't possibly conceive of writing a more polite, non-threatening message.

Really, I was only interested in getting to know them in a more personal way because I thought it would be fun to see what other Aspies are like.

That's why I was so baffled/shocked, and quite frankly, offended by the response I got. When it happened again, I thought I must on to something. Either way, I won't be doing it again, unless they PM me first.

I'm a female Aspie and I wouldn't have reacted that way, even though I am reeling from a horrible breakup of a Internet-beginning relationship at this point and going through awful obsessional withdrawal. So, no, not all female Aspies are not like that. I would have simply said it's a very very bad time for me, can we remain friends?

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 4:55 pm

dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:

Actually I was not calling you a trainwreck. That picture represented the derailing of a thread.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

Yeah, I misunderstood. Grisha cleared it up for me. :)

On-topic, it's going well I think. 8)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 5:00 pm

I hope you tipped for the service

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 5:23 pm

Meow101 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Thanks for the interesting replies, and the gaming stuff is fun to read too even if I haven't got the slightest idea what they're talking about...

Just to clarify, I had interacted with them on the boards, they were in my age group, and there were absolutely no romantic overtures beyond the simple fact that I am male and they were female. I didn't write anything that I wouldn't think twice about writing to a guy - and I certainly was NOT looking for a "hook-up", or even a real-life date at that point. I couldn't possibly conceive of writing a more polite, non-threatening message.

Really, I was only interested in getting to know them in a more personal way because I thought it would be fun to see what other Aspies are like.

That's why I was so baffled/shocked, and quite frankly, offended by the response I got. When it happened again, I thought I must on to something. Either way, I won't be doing it again, unless they PM me first.

I'm a female Aspie and I wouldn't have reacted that way, even though I am reeling from a horrible breakup of a Internet-beginning relationship at this point and going through awful obsessional withdrawal. So, no, not all female Aspies are not like that. I would have simply said it's a very very bad time for me, can we remain friends?

~Kate

I would have been totally OK with that: just a polite, respectful reply to a polite, respectful message. Instead I get "f*ck off, pervert". Nice to know there are girls like you out there, and "get well soon" as far as your breakup goes :)

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Hell no. I'd get too nervous. D: