What if men had no sex drive?

Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,299

16 Jan 2011, 10:20 am

Then I would be able to get on with my life.



BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 530
Location: Cat Land

16 Jan 2011, 7:52 pm

There would be much less reproduction and I don't know if that would be a good thing or not for humans.



HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 399
Location: Atlanta, GA

16 Jan 2011, 9:07 pm

Aspie101MD wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:


I think overall, the human race would NOT progress.

Well I would think that just based on the fact that there is no incentive to procreate without that funny feeling down there. Sex as a motivation is a good thing...at least for men. I doubt woman will ever get that


Aspie101MD,

Welcome to WP as it appears you are a relatively new member! With all due respect and seriousness, I guarantee that to every rule there is an exception!! Some women (especially this one) fully realizes that "sex as a motivation is a good thing!" If you will, please allow me to inject my editorial commentary - "Sex as a motivation is a very good and excellent thing."

HR



ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,716
Location: New Jersey

16 Jan 2011, 9:35 pm

It would be a great motivator if it wasn't inherently destructive... sex causes more war and strife than any improvement to society it offers.



Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,744
Location: New Zealand

16 Jan 2011, 9:47 pm

If this is the sort of material allowed in a sub-forum available for any WP member to view, I shudder to think what the materials that the Adults-Only sub-forum contains... 8O


_________________
"We accept the love we think we deserve."


menintights
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 895

16 Jan 2011, 9:49 pm

^ Weren't you 14 the other day? :?



Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 828

16 Jan 2011, 10:32 pm

Countries that aren't so saturated with censorship, repression, and inherent sexual guilt generally have fewer STD's, unplanned pregnancies, and rapes. Can't people see a pattern with this? If people are taught to simply demonize their nature instead of indulging with balance and moderation, they eventually end up being miserable, careless, batshit insane, ticking timebombs. Priests raping altar boys, is that a good enough example?



Last edited by Xeno on 17 Jan 2011, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

17 Jan 2011, 12:48 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Aspie101MD wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:


I think overall, the human race would NOT progress.

Well I would think that just based on the fact that there is no incentive to procreate without that funny feeling down there. Sex as a motivation is a good thing...at least for men. I doubt woman will ever get that



Well, I can tell you that the primary reason I workout is to increase the quality of the mate I will get from it.


Same with getting an education.




I get the sense that men have a MUCH higher sex drive than women based on what I have seen in the real world and read on WP


oh cause the real life experiences of 1 person and WP are such sourses for facts :roll:



wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2011
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,486

17 Jan 2011, 12:52 am

You ask the wrong questions.

Instead of "what if men had no sex drive?" I would rather ask...

What if men had wings and could fly around?
What if men wore heels and buggy wigs again?
What if men stopped watching sports and playing RPGs and started researching for medical breakthroughs?
What if men used their sex obsession to research ways to become better lovers?



Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,663
Location: Untied Kingdom

17 Jan 2011, 1:56 am

wefunction wrote:
You ask the wrong questions.

Instead of "what if men had no sex drive?" I would rather ask...

What if men had wings and could fly around?
What if men wore heels and buggy wigs again?
What if men stopped watching sports and playing RPGs and started researching for medical breakthroughs?
What if men used their sex obsession to research ways to become better lovers?


I already done all them.


_________________
Not currently a moderator


firestar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3

17 Jan 2011, 3:55 am

If men had no sex drive then i wouldn't feel sick for not having sex. Im a 28 year old virgin yet i attribute most of my discomforts in life due to lack of sex or companionship. I attribute my bout with depression several years ago to just this lack of sex why i dont know. The people that say having no sex is no big deal seem to be said only by mostly sexually active people. I hate how not having sex makes me feel even sick to my stomach sometimes. Aside from all the brain chemical mumbo jumbo about how the brain is affected by sex or companionship it seems a bit more complicated. My body seems perfectly comfortable not having sex but my head doesnt. You know i wish not having sex made me not feel like crap. My dog is 10 years old and has never mated and it doesnt seem to bother her you would assume that sex deprivation would affect more than just the human species but it doesnt seem to.

We seem to have people on both ends of the spectrum either lack of sex or companionship is completely easy to live with or can sometimes feel like a death sentence.

Society is go geared and prioritised for sex. From social interactions, i find being a virgin and being 28 it is pretty much written all over my face in almost any social situation.

I do find that sex regardless if your not having it seems to dictate not only a majority of peoples lives on the planet but almost every act a person does seems in some way weighted by sex(women as well as men). To me the best example would be observing the people you work with. Being a virgin i find sexual innuendo between people easily readable and the sexually promiscuous seem as identifiable as a loud fart. Sex seems to be just as big a problem for people that have it than dont.

Sex appears as a game of musical chairs with a higher percentage of women in chairs than men. In essence amongst the sexually active there seems to be that more men are left out than women why more men seem to complain about not having sex. Of course in this game of chairs people are always changing partners even if there are more total females than males.

I think if the phyc industry was smart they would develop a pill that would kill sex drive so that people like me could go about their daily lives without feeling out of control due to lack of sex. People dont believe this but all across society sexual problems seem one of the biggest causes between almost all non drug related violent crimes. Yet the phyc industry has turned a blind eye towards this there seems to be little research on the affects of sex deprivation on not only males but females as well. Even having sex that is not satisfying enough can seem to drive people to do crazy things.

I always wonder why hasn't this problem of lack of sex amongst people been publicly addressed?

I also dont like that the longer a virgin you stay society expects you to become a sexual zen master or otherwise any sign of sexual interest comes across as perverted. Just because im a virgin doesnt mean im stuck in some sort of 14 year old flower pulling he loves me or he loves me not phase. I desire all the same unspoken sexual acts just as everyone else but being a virgin it seems to be harder and harder to show sexual interest in anyone without coming across as weird or perverted.

Lets say that all of the sudden all people on the planet derived no pleasure from sex overnight. I wonder though if this were the case how long would it be before we saw mass suicides from all the normals that were going without sex? I always want to ask a sexually promiscuous person could you go 28 years without having sex without going crazy or committing suicide in the process? Would a sexually promiscuous person even be able to get out of bed and go to work everyday if all the sudden sex became a non occurrence?

If sex is no big deal in society but based on the behaviors of billions of people one would have to say otherwise.

I think for some of us male or even female sex will never be an option in our lives. I can only wait till i start feeling bad for not having children.

Being a 28 year old virgin courting a woman is almost impossible regardless of how i act or what i say. Falling in love to me seems more mechanical then romantic at least amongst what society calls 'normal' people. People say i didnt do this or that or my waste line is one inch to big or some other random nit pick on why im still single. I doubt the reason i double knot my shoe laces is the reason i cant get laid. Sexually active people seem to have millions of people to choose from male or female regardless of how special and unique they think their current mate is.

If sex is no big deal then why is it that the sexually active become almost instantly suicidal in nature after any break up or even during any sexual dry spell in life?

I always wonder how many sexually active people on the planet could go 28 years without companionship without killing themselves or going insane in no time flat.

As many drugs there are on the market i find pot is the only thing that seems to kill my sex drive, why i seem to smoke a good amount. Pot also seems to have less side effects as so many of the mind altering pills that can cause debilitating side effects or even death.



MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,298
Location: Nevada (not Vegas)

17 Jan 2011, 6:43 am

Xeno wrote:
Countries that aren't so saturated with censorship, repression, and inherent sexual guilt generally have fewer STD's, unplanned pregnancies, and rapes. Can't people see a pattern with this? If people are taught to simply demonize their nature instead of indulging with balance and moderation, they eventually end up being miserable, careless, batshit insane, ticking timebombs. Priests raping altar boys, is that a good enough example?


Correlation = causation, obv.

In point of fact, the US leads the world in teen pregnancy because the US leads the world in teen pregnancy. We also lead the world in crime rates, and a whole host of other issues. The truth is that there are countries more repressed than the US... and they also have incredibly low teen pregnancy rates, as well as low STD rates. It's not a matter of repression, it's a matter of the US is really crappy about this sort of stuff.

Now, as far as rapes go... it's hard to get an accurate statistic simply because of the fact that women, far too often, don't report it. And, in a country where sexual acts aren't talked about, I think it's far more likely that they would go unreported.

But the fact remains that the US is the world leader in crimes, promiscuity, and a lot of other stuff that doesn't look good on a resume. This has nothing to do with how we treat sex.

Look at it this way: Would you say that people should embrace their urge to steal, and then thefts would go down?

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't disapprove of sex, as long as people are careful and truly ready for it. But your logic is horribly flawed.

And don't even get me started on the whole "in a person's nature" thing.

Edit: By the way, if you want statistics, I can get them. My problem is that you'll likely dismiss the ones from more repressed countries as being a product of the repression (std statistics, rapes, and even teen pregnancies) and the ones from less repressed countries as being a product of a lack of repression (better std testing, rapes more commonly reported, and teen pregnancies less likely to be quietly aborted).

Edit2: Also the claim that the US is censored sexually... I mean seriously. Turn on a TV and that's the favorite subject of pretty much any show.


_________________
"Let reason be your only sovereign." ~Wizard's Sixth Rule
I'm working my way up to Attending Crazy Taoist. For now, just call me Dr. Crazy Taoist.


Last edited by MrLoony on 17 Jan 2011, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabrielstigmatic
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 15

17 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

I have a lingual thyroid, so most times I really don't have a sex drive. It's not like I can't get it up or anything. It's just that I don't really get that randy unless seduced. It kind of sucks in a way because I don't really have that much incentive to make sexual advances or have relationships. If anything I find the whole "Game" to be a bore and not really that intriguing.

I like hanging out/kissing/doing whatever with a pretty girl as much as the next straight guy. But I just don't really care enough to do the whole constant teasing thing, it's annoying to me. I know that all women aren't like that, I've met cool girls that I'm just not attracted to physically. I've always found it strange that some women get all hot and bothered when they get poked fun of... No pun intended. I'd rather have a girl who's my friend, we do fun stuff and have sex sometimes.



Last edited by gabrielstigmatic on 17 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,873
Location: Houston, Texas

17 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

I read an article that in Japan, sex drives in that country are on the decline.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,219

17 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

Moog wrote:
wefunction wrote:
You ask the wrong questions.

Instead of "what if men had no sex drive?" I would rather ask...

What if men had wings and could fly around?
What if men wore heels and buggy wigs again?
What if men stopped watching sports and playing RPGs and started researching for medical breakthroughs?
What if men used their sex obsession to research ways to become better lovers?


I already done all them.
You have wings? Always knew you were a birdman. :D