Did you ever try to impress a girl/guy you liked?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 3:39 am

And if so, what did you do?
There was this one time in senior year in high school when I showed this girl a really neat card trick, and it was so cool to see her amazed. A couple of years later there was another girl I liked - she was from the Faroe Islands so I decided to learn Faroese and have a conversation with her in her native language. When I did, she was a little bit shocked because she didn't think any foreigner would bother learning Faroese.

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2011, 4:15 am

I think impressing or looking different (in a good way) is really at the center of the social game, everybody is trying to look or be different, or to have a skill that make them special.
If many people try to be different the same way, it creates a trend, that can ultimately become the new norm.

I don't have any special skill I can use to impress friends or girls. I am a good listener and can fix computers, and sometimes it impresses people :D

Aspies are different right out the box, and this can be a strength in the social game where everybody wants to be different.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 10:41 am

This guy kept bothering a girl I liked so I offered to walk her to her next class so he couldn't mess with her. Her next class was lunch when the idiot would mess with her the most so I decided to beat the guy up infront of her. I beat his ass to the point he ran off like a little girl. The girl I walked to lunch was glad to see him smacked him around then when it was over her boyfriend came up to her and I called her boyfriend a p@ssy for not defending her and letting that guy harrass her. She was so pissed at me that she never talked to me again. I should have smacked her jackass boyfriend before leaving. :roll:

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 7:43 pm

I wish I could find a way to sweep a girl off her feet but I'm as clueless as most people here.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm

One of the best examples, I was picking my new girlfriend up from school and the cheerleaders were walking across the parking lot really slow (seriously some were even walking BACKWARDS) so I put it in neutral, revved to 6 grand and watched them hurry across. Both me and the girl got a laugh out of that. Another time I was out driving and I left a light at my usual moderate pace (2-3 grand) and this Celica starts trying to out accelerate me so I FLOOR it when the guy gets even with me and blow him away.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:15 am

I'm sure I have in the past, but now I figure that if people aren't impressed with me as I present myself normally, then I shouldn't try and force it.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:45 pm

When the opportunity presents itself I try to do so in subtle ways, by trying to appear funny or intelligent. Sometimes I tell one of my stories. My suspicion is that if I were to go too far out of my way I would appear desperate.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:49 pm

I have never felt a desire or need to really. I prefer to be myself, because then at least you are laying the truth of yourself on the table.

aliensyndrome
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2011, 6:07 pm

they hate me