Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2004, 11:56 pm

There's a girl at work who I like a lot and I don't even know why. I have no idea what to do about it. I hate most of the people at work (there's hundreds of them) because they're all like in this enclosed society of their own and if someone drops say a teaspoon for example you'll never hear the end of it. That's a reason why I'm scared to do anything about it. :cry:

EGMaria2004
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2004, 4:40 am

Don't go after someone at work, it's a really bad move. Same goes for someone in your class at uni.

NTs seem to love gossiping about who loves who and who's dating who.
If you go for it and it screws up, you'll never hear the end of it.

I learnt this the hard way.

~EG

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jan 2011, 9:51 pm

I have no idea how to do it. I smile a lot. I try to say hi and act interested in your interests, especially if they're not hobbies of mine, like sports or cars. But other than that I don't know how to give off signals I think.

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:52 pm

Ever since I started befriending my coworkers and going out with them (since last year), I have caught at least eight women flirting with me, not counting a few others for whom I had no romantic interest. One of them gave up on me because of my shyness; some of them I hadn't the courage to talk to and the majority of them I only realized were flirting after it was too late. Apparently, I'm incapable of learning through my past mistakes. :oops:

There's also the fact that, even when I'm talking to my friends, I'm usually very blunt and I come across as uninterested and slightly arrogant. Even though I've improved a lot since then, there's still much progress for me to do. Right now, the best I can do is stare at women to show interest, which seems to work until they get tired of waiting for me to approach them.

renexu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2011, 5:25 pm

bggallag wrote:
I have no idea how to do it. I smile a lot. I try to say hi and act interested in your interests, especially if they're not hobbies of mine, like sports or cars. But other than that I don't know how to give off signals I think.

Same here. How do you flirt anyway? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Is there a secret smile or look. or tone? Or posture? How do I recognize the guy is flirting?

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 6:17 pm

alex has a point. he wont know unless you are open with him. blunt IMO is always the best way to be