How do I get passed the fear and approach a girl?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2011, 9:55 pm

It seems that everytime I go out and try to have a good time, there is always that moment where I see a girl I would like to speak to. Yet, in the back of mind, I see a negative response from her...and...my mind goes blank when it comes to words :( . My greatest flaws would be finding the right opening lines, and reading faces, preventing me from striking a personal relationship. Any helpful hints?

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2011, 12:52 am

Work on yourself. Work on building up your self-esteem. Also, read books on dating and approaching women. And, believe in yourself.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 12:53 am

dolls, a conversation starter

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jan 2011, 3:45 am

This book is, although expensive, is worth every cent:

http://www.amazon.com/Dating-Relating-G ... 961&sr=1-1

Scroll down, I'm the one that wrote the review starting "Sonovagun."

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 5:52 am

You don't get past the fear. You fight through it.

If she is worth your time, she is worth the fear and worth the risk.

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2011, 3:29 pm

Claradoon wrote:
This book is, although expensive, is worth every cent:

http://www.amazon.com/Dating-Relating-G ... 961&sr=1-1

Scroll down, I'm the one that wrote the review starting "Sonovagun."

That book sounds like the book I have been looking for all my life. This seems like it was written for those of guys who are honest and are not players. I read the one negative review, and it made me think more highly of getting the book. The negative reviewer said he was essentially a pick up artist and felt cheated by the book. First time, a bad review ended up being a good review for me. When I get the money, I will be sure to buy it.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

michiganfan317
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2011, 3:57 pm

The only way to do that is to just do it. Let go of fear and keep doing it and eventually you will develop the confidence to approach women you like. Eventually you will have a positive experience and you will take off from there.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Kilroy wrote:
dolls, a conversation starter

LOL! If only they were equipped with a c-chip.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

MrLoony wrote:
You don't get past the fear. You fight through it.

If she is worth your time, she is worth the fear and worth the risk.

Thank you, I couldn't agree more. It's like pushing your way through a force field, just to say hi.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

The possibility that you will be rejected is something that you need to hold onto rather than suppress, or your fear will only increase after a rejection. Remember that everyone gets rejected more often than they are accepted, so don't be down on yourself and keep at it.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 4:42 pm

I ask myself that same question and thought of making a thread asking how to approach girls I don't know. I'm in a situation right now where I want to talk and approach a girl I like that I don't know but I have no idea what to say to her. It just baffles me how people can do this with ease and can think of what to say on the fly. I guess the big secret it to just not care anymore. If she rejects you, then it's over. You won't have to keep wondering anymore. I will have to apply that myself. But for me it's not the asking out part that's the hardest, it's that opening line and what to say to start it.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Jan 2011, 7:13 pm

Slam a few cold ones back brah. or take some ketemaine, if that doesnt relax you.
I'm confident that after you see how easy it is to talk to a girl, wasted you'll relise it isnt that hard to do sober

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2011, 9:54 pm

Arman_Khodaei wrote:
Work on yourself. Work on building up your self-esteem. Also, read books on dating and approaching women. And, believe in yourself.

Thank you. Any books on dating that you'd prefer?

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:37 am

My advice is to work your way up.

Chances are that the girls you would like to approach are out of your league anyway.

So start off by chatting up girls that you don't care about. That way you won't feel so crushed if they aren't interested because you aren't that interested either.

If you wanted to be a skier you would start on the beginner slope, not the Olympic ski jump.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:12 am

Take the fear with you.

I think a better idea is not to get past the fear, but to allow fear to be present without letting it take over all your functionality. Breathe.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2011, 8:44 pm

Moog wrote:
Take the fear with you.

I think a better idea is not to get past the fear, but to allow fear to be present without letting it take over all your functionality. Breathe.

I hear ya. Thank you. I am focusing on my breathing, especially at work. I find it can truely keep you calm and focused. I'm also meditating and doing yoga practice. Do you do any of this?