Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2006, 11:03 pm

Yeah, I've seen your picture and I think you're "hot & creepy" like juliekitty. Now if we can just get 12 of you together willing to pose for a calender. "The Women of Asperger's" :wink:
:jester: :heart: :jester: :heart: :jester:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 1:45 am

hale_bopp wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
The stereotype is that people with Asperger's syndrome are geeks or nerds, and the stereotype about geeks and nerds is that they are "plain Janes."

I was not trying to assert that all women with AS are beauties but that the stereotype that people (at least women) with AS are ugly is wrong..

Is it? I've never heard of that stereotype.. it sounds like one people on this site made up. Heaps of people here aren't geeks or nerds.. so this automatically disclaims your next paragraph. It has never, ever been a stereotype that women with AS are ugly or geeks/nerds.

Wired magazined called Asperger's syndrome "geek syndrome."
hale_bopp wrote:
Anyway, your initial post had nothing to do with stereotypes:
Quote:
Do women with Asperger's get great looks as some sort of genetic compensation for their neurodevelopmental disorder or what?

I was joking. It makes it less funny when I have to say that (it's an obvious unscientific conclusion).

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 1:51 am

Scrapheap wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
Men of WrongPlanet.net,

I request your attention. Take a look at this beauteous lady with Asperger's syndrome, [url=http://www.jkp.com/catalogue/author.php/id/1063]

Yeah I think shes good looking. To be honest I have dreamed of finding an
aspie girlfriend. But the odds of that are very low. The total number of aspies is low
less than 1%. Some say there is a much higher ratio of males. My guess is the
the percent of women aspies who will remain single most their lives is very high.
I can think of several women in my family that were never married. I'm living in
the house of an aunt that never married(or had a boyfriend that I know of). So keep
your eyes open for single NT ladies in the future.

You're wrong. I belive that 99% of male Aspies are unable to get a girlfriend, while 70% of women with it marry. Teen Aspie girls are much more mature than teen Aspie boys.

WOW Are'nt you just a ray of sunshine and hope for aspie males. If I had to listen to you, I would've slit my wrists a long time ago!!

It still confuses me that I'm a lonely guy who's unable to finish high school when other "asocial" Aspies get Masters degrees...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 6:20 am

NeantHumain wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
The stereotype is that people with Asperger's syndrome are geeks or nerds, and the stereotype about geeks and nerds is that they are "plain Janes."

I was not trying to assert that all women with AS are beauties but that the stereotype that people (at least women) with AS are ugly is wrong..

Is it? I've never heard of that stereotype.. it sounds like one people on this site made up. Heaps of people here aren't geeks or nerds.. so this automatically disclaims your next paragraph. It has never, ever been a stereotype that women with AS are ugly or geeks/nerds.

Wired magazined called Asperger's syndrome "geek syndrome."
hale_bopp wrote:
Anyway, your initial post had nothing to do with stereotypes:
Quote:
Do women with Asperger's get great looks as some sort of genetic compensation for their neurodevelopmental disorder or what?

I was joking. It makes it less funny when I have to say that (it's an obvious unscientific conclusion).

If you're joking you should say so.. because it certainly seemed like you wern't.

I wouldn't call myself a geek or nerd, but others might. I'm more of a dork. I got like 30% geek and nerd and about 98% dork for that test thingie.

I was doing singing and anecdotes at work today into a micrpohone, dorky, yet fun. ^_^

Last edited by hale_bopp on 10 Jul 2006, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 6:21 am

hale_bopp wrote:
lowfreq50 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Your head . . . please remove it from under the rock.

The stereotype of a geek/nerd is an unkept, zit-faced, four-eyes with a worn-out Star Trek t-shirt. In other words: very unattractive.

And, it just so happens that Aspies pretty much ARE the stereotype. Some of us can pass as "cool" but most of us are geeks/nerds by the cool-people standards.

Your stereotype is just lame as well. Just about none of the people I talk to from here are unnatractive geeks or nerds. It'a a variety. At least it's more accuarate than neanthumains ridiculous warped view though.

Sure they're not geeks/nerds from your perspective. But we are talking about the way the normal folks see Aspies.

You might not realize this but most people have no idea what Aspergers Syndrome is. They don't look at us and say "that guy is an aspie." They look and say "that guy is a total nerd." Nerds are, by definition, unattractive. It is either a physical unattractiveness, or a behavioral unattractiveness, or a combination of the two factors.

But if you want to be delusional about it, go right ahead. Delusion is a solid coping method.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 6:31 am

lowfreq50 wrote:
You might not realize this but most people have no idea what Aspergers Syndrome is. They don't look at us and say "that guy is an aspie." They look and say "that guy is a total nerd."

But not all geeks are aspies.. most geeks are just unpopular NTs.

Quote:
But if you want to be delusional about it, go right ahead. Delusion is a solid coping method.

I'm not being dillusional, i'm being realistic. People with AS are a mixed variety. Possibly half the people here aren't obsessed with geeky things like computers or anime, and lots of NTs like "geeky" things like reading, artwork and Nature. Aspies might be different socially than NTs and smarter or deeper, but their interests don't reallly seperate them.

I also find it funny you think I'm dillusional yet you said nothing about neanthumain thinking having AS makes women physically attractive. Dellusion is a way of coping, isn't it neanthumain?

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 1:23 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
If you're joking you should say so.. because it certainly seemed like you wern't.

I thought the subject "Red Hot Asperger's Femmes" would be a dead giveaway, and if not that, the fallacious conclusion would.

Behind the humor, I still have a point. The stereotype that all people with Asperger's syndrome (by the assumption that they are all geeks, nerds, or dorks) is wrong.
hale_bopp wrote:
I wouldn't call myself a geek or nerd, but others might. I'm more of a dork. I got like 30% geek and nerd and about 98% dork for that test thingie.

I was doing singing and anecdotes at work today into a micrpohone, dorky, yet fun. ^_^

I'm definitely very geeky and nerdy, but I try to look everyday normal on the outside. It just prevents unnecessary hassle that way.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2006, 11:41 pm

I read about an Aspie fem who's conventionally minded beau simply couldn't grok that she doesn't want flowers, chocolates or disingenuous sweet talk. So I'm actually interested to read the standard turn-ons and turn-offs data sheets.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 1:35 am

Ahhhh, the egotistical thrill of seeing my name on this thread! I'll take December, please.

Quote:
My point was more that the odds of an aspie
guy and aspie girl getting together are close to zero.

Not anymore, with the Internet on our side, I hope.

I would love to have an aspie boyfriend. That's why I posted my profile on the aspie dating site: http://www.aspieaffection.com

I'd like to see a lot more people do the same! Or, at least, more local guys... ;)

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2006, 2:23 am

slim hope

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 2:37 am

heh, probably. Worth a shot, though!

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2006, 2:43 am

I don't really have the statistics at hand in order to say.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 2:49 am

I look forward to reading your report after you've finished doing the research. ;)

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2006, 2:57 am

Not me. I just joined the site plugged above, but it seems I'm the only member in my town!

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 3:08 am

That was a quick report! Good work. :)

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 8:44 am

I don't think anyone could ever call me a nerd or a geek... just weird and eccentric. Even if I am a nerd/geek, I'm a closet one at best. Nobody here IRL knows about my interests, which could be easily understood as being nerdy.