Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lostie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2011, 4:26 pm

So there's this guy that I have a crush on (who works with me, of course, as if I need further complications - aka never gonna happen but a girl can dream a little bit right?).

Yesterday another coworker made some comment which I didn't catch, about an artist we were all talking about, and the guy I like replies that "he must have been quiet and reserved." I think this comment must have been directed at me, the "quiet and reserved" person who pretty much never says anything to him because I don't know what to say/there are too many coworkers around for me to feel comfortable talking to him.

I wish I had gotten the jist of what he meant, and knew the correct thing to reply. Or had thought quickly enough to ask what the other guy had said (yeah right).

Every once in a while something like this will happen, and I almost feel like... well, you know. But then I argue with myself that I'm probably wrong. :/

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

Try and get a minute alone and ask if he'd like to hang out sometime. You've nothing to lose by trying.

Are you friendly with him?

Lostie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2011, 4:43 pm

Oooh you make it sound so easy lol :) I guess that's true but if he said no, then I'd run the risk of having to run into him every day, which would not be fun. I'm not really sure if we're friendly or not. He's kind of a laid back outgoing kind of person and gets along with almost anybody. However, I think like most guys, he is uncomfortable because he doesn't know how to read me.

Jonsi wrote:
Try and get a minute alone and ask if he'd like to hang out sometime. You've nothing to lose by trying.

Are you friendly with him?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 5:28 pm

You could try talking to him more. So that you and he will get closer. Then when you're close enough, you can ask. :D

Lostie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2011, 7:17 pm

:) ok, I'll try.....

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:17 pm

I agree with Jonsi! The worst most people will do is politely refuse if they aren't interested. Something as simple as having lunch together or getting coffee is a noncommital way for most people to find out if they are compatible. If you find that you have lots to talk about and don't want to leave... it might be time to ask for a date!

I live by that line - "The worst they can do is say 'no'."

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2011, 10:40 am

Tell him you're shy and a bit of a wallflower. Maybe that way you can start some conversations.