Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2011, 6:53 pm

TheWeirdPig wrote:
flamemasterelan wrote:
TheWeirdPig wrote:
He may be well meaning (or maybe not), but it seems as though your friend is sabotaging your chances. May want to avoid his advice for a while.

The best advice I've gotten recently was to ignore him, since he's only dated two girls and married them both. And he really should be concentrating on not getting his second ex-wife, instead of giving people dating advice because he has "lots of female friends."

But, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's actually trying to sabotage me, though it might seem a bit paranoid to say that. I'm currently trying to figure out whether having the one friend I have is actually worth the amount of damage he's doing to my self-esteem right now.

I had a friend who gave me bad advice. At first I was pissed and hurt. Then I took his advice, thinking what I was doing wasn't working. bad choice. It ended up making matters worse. Way worse. I think he thought he was helping, but the advice was cynical was given because he felt like sh** himself. It was a tough lesson learned.

I understand that he "thinks he's helping," but he's kinda...wrong. Like, about everything to do with women. Sure, he's married, but the guy's only had two girlfriends and he married them both. That doesn't really bode well, IMO.

Anyway, I half-took his advice. I asked her to exchange numbers, and she agreed. Apparently, the only reason she didn't offer her number from the start was because she didn't think I had a phone. I figured the exchanging numbers thing was the safest way to go, since it takes a lot of the pressure off on both sides. She doesn't have to sit by the phone wondering if/when I'm going to call, and I...can relax. I don't HAVE to be the one that calls her.

Though we did establish that I was going to be the one to call her, since I asked when she was available for phone calls.

So far, I think I'm off to a good start?

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2011, 1:27 pm

That sounds like a pretty good start to me.