Ever been told you are incapable of loving

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ritalee76
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Mar 2011, 4:12 am

If I had a nickel for every time I have been called cold and heartless... I'd be rich

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

Location: not-quite-so-royal london borough of lewisham (aka "da ghetto")

20 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

Eingana wrote:
Being told that I am incapable of loving or that the only person I think about is myself, seems to be a saying that has been said to be on many occasions by people that i love very very much.

I have tried everything to try to show my love, but I find it hard it never seems to be enough.

So I thought I would share this with all of you out there who have had this said to you, those of you that know how painful it is when it is said and how it feels to not be able to show to love and pain to the people that have said this.

hi eingana. i don't know you but i know this can't be true. i understand where you're coming from completely, i often feel like my emotions towards other are effectively wasted (if they ever get out) and this had made me feel very empty.

don't try and show your love to the wrong people. the right person will truly understand the feelings you have to give to them!

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

Last edited by harry_j_83 on 20 Mar 2011, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathalie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

I've never been told I'm incapable of loving, but I do have been told I'm impossible to be loved by anyone... hurts bad when someone close says something like that.

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

Nathalie wrote:
I've never been told I'm incapable of loving, but I do have been told I'm impossible to be loved by anyone... hurts bad when someone close says something like that.

who told you that?!

DeathGoth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2011, 3:51 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Im the same. I got told by an ex boyfriend to "get help and learn compassion" or not buying into his dramatic emo games.

You should watch an old episode of Third Watch that has to do with compassion.. It all boiled down to people do things that they think are compassion but in reality doing things because it benefits them..

Link Here

Here is what i mean here..

"Carlos realizes that he is truly lacking in compassion, and tries hard to learn it, but his fellow co-workers are incredulous that this is something he has to learn. He finally realizes that doing random acts of kindness makes him feel good about himself, which is a little step in the right direction, but he still has trouble dealing with humans on an everyday basis. "

Lacking love, Maybe it just that you havent found what you need to make you show love, I spent alot of time just not saying I love you to someone.. I mean like 11 yrs almost.. Cause I didnt and didnt think I needed to share that I loved someone if I didnt.. So, I guess you goto find someone/thing that has you love it..

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

Eingana wrote:
I think thats what it is Jono, it doesn't help that when a relationship hits a rough patch, i tend to shut down completely, its only when someone if happy that i can communicate well. "

Hello thank you for writing this post. I'm learning a lot from reading the responses. May I ask why you shut down when the relationship hits a rough patch and what if anything would allow you to begin communicating again?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:20 pm

Yes, I've been told this but I didn't find it hurtful, I didn't care really and found it mildly amusing. I wonder sometimes if they're right. I have no feelings about that either. It just is.

Nathalie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2011, 2:48 am

harry_j_83 wrote:
Nathalie wrote:

who told you that?!

My mom... but it was in an argument and I'm sure she didn't mean it.

Eingana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2011, 4:36 am

I will try my hardest to answer your questions ntgrl, but I' not quite sure myself. I guess when people are upset

1) i do not feel there sadness as much as i think a lot do and so i come across in a bad way
2) I am worried that by saying another I will make them feel worse.
3) Sometimes i feel there emotions so much that it is over baring, but i do not know how to communicate in a way that will make them better, and finally
4) some times I do not even notice when a relationship has hit a bad patch, which makes the other person angry and that go's straight back to me not knowing what to do when they tell me.

Hope this helps and I don;t know if anyone else would agree on my points.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 4:58 am

I have never been called such, but have deemed myself so. :lol: As a sociopath I am incapable of feeling what most people call "love", only a summation of various feelings and actions that could falsely be interpreted as "love".

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2011, 5:29 pm

I can give love to somebody else, yes. Receiving love is not common to me; my mom neglected me and my family finds me useless and annoying.
I can't get a girlfriend either, obviously. It's all incredibly painful but the more you LOOK for love the lesser chance you're going to find it.
*flicks the wisdom button off for today*

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2011, 2:10 pm

I've been called "Cold" "Heartless" "Self-absorbed" "Indifferent" etc, etc, etc. Just cuz I don't gush, or indulge people in their self-pity, or want to 'cuddle' all the live-long day, does NOT mean that I am incapable of love. I know what love is, and I can feel it...I'm just bad at recognizing it, and by the time I notice someone loves me..it's usually too late cause I've completley alienated them or something. Thank God my husband is an aspie 2!!

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2011, 2:14 pm

I agree with Dunbots! I am so sociopathic that what I know as LOVE is just fragments really...NTs interpret it all the way they want it to look! My family can't understand why I couldn't have married someone who isn't a "Space-Cadet" Well I lived with an NT bf for 2 years....THEY loved him...HE drove ME crazy. That's why he's my EX!