Have Any of You Dated a Neurotypical Female?

Page 4 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:17 pm

Quote:
Personality is probably the real culprit 99% of the time...

and attitude to themselves and others.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

You guys are making a straw man argument.

I didn't say lack of money was the reason I can't get a woman. Aspergers and lack of social skills is the reason I can't get one. I'm just saying that a woman would probably overlook it if I did have a lot of money. In my experience, the ONLY Aspies who have had girlfriends had money. Does this mean money is everything? NO, but it's one way Aspies can compensate for their poor social skills.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

emlion wrote:
Quote:
Personality is probably the real culprit 99% of the time...

and attitude to themselves and others.

That's true. Attitude and personality play a huge role.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

SadAspy wrote:

I didn't say lack of money was the reason I can't get a woman. Aspergers and lack of social skills is the reason I can't get one. I'm just saying that a woman would probably overlook it if I did have a lot of money. In my experience, the ONLY Aspies who have had girlfriends had money. Does this mean money is everything? NO, but it's one way Aspies can compensate for their poor social skills.

Maybe you should look around this forum a bit more, not looking for what you want to see but for what's actually here. None of the guys here with GFs probably have a lot of money, and there are a LOT of them.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:22 pm

:shrug: believe what you like.
as a female though; social skills are not a deal maker/breaker for me.
sense of humour and a good personality is though.
money is neither here nor there - if he's got it, great if he hasn't - so what?
awkward is cute often anyway.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

My husband hasn't ever made a lot of money but he was never without a girlfriend for more than six months at a time during his singlehood. He's confident. He owns whatever room he walks into. As a result, women flock to him. He doesn't even try to get women and honestly has no idea how to deliver a come-on line or talk to a woman in any way other than genuine conversation. But he's never gone without options. He's confident. He knows who he is. He speaks clearly, he makes eye contact, he'll shake hands with you, he stands up straight, he smiles. He isn't loud and obnoxious... unless he's watching a football game. He's not afraid of people and he knows that he belongs in whatever room he's in.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

SadAspy wrote:

If a woman is only dating you for your money then she doesn't really love you and is just a prostitute or call girl who doesn't advertise.

You'd be better off just getting one who acknowledges she is such...unless you want a woman to lie to you about loving you.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:36 pm

wefunction wrote:
he was never without a girlfriend for more than six months at a time during his singlehood. He's confident. He owns whatever room he walks into. As a result, women flock to him. He doesn't even try to get women and honestly has no idea how to deliver a come-on line or talk to a woman in any way other than genuine conversation. But he's never gone without options. He's confident. He knows who he is. He speaks clearly, he makes eye contact, he'll shake hands with you, he stands up straight, he smiles. He isn't loud and obnoxious... unless he's watching a football game. He's not afraid of people and he knows that he belongs in whatever room he's in.

oh my god. i think you described my boyfriend. 8O

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

emlion wrote:
wefunction wrote:
he was never without a girlfriend for more than six months at a time during his singlehood. He's confident. He owns whatever room he walks into. As a result, women flock to him. He doesn't even try to get women and honestly has no idea how to deliver a come-on line or talk to a woman in any way other than genuine conversation. But he's never gone without options. He's confident. He knows who he is. He speaks clearly, he makes eye contact, he'll shake hands with you, he stands up straight, he smiles. He isn't loud and obnoxious... unless he's watching a football game. He's not afraid of people and he knows that he belongs in whatever room he's in.

oh my god. i think you described my boyfriend. 8O

I don't doubt it. This is what confident men are made of.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

wefunction wrote:
My husband hasn't ever made a lot of money but he was never without a girlfriend for more than six months at a time during his singlehood. He's confident. He owns whatever room he walks into. As a result, women flock to him. He doesn't even try to get women and honestly has no idea how to deliver a come-on line or talk to a woman in any way other than genuine conversation. But he's never gone without options. He's confident. He knows who he is. He speaks clearly, he makes eye contact, he'll shake hands with you, he stands up straight, he smiles. He isn't loud and obnoxious... unless he's watching a football game. He's not afraid of people and he knows that he belongs in whatever room he's in.

This is EXACTLY what 99.99% of women want.

And EXACTLY the reason I'm not interested in having a relationship with one... :D

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:08 pm

SadAspy wrote:
In my experience, the ONLY Aspies who have had girlfriends had money.

If that was true, i should have had lots of GF's now. But the real problem with your theory is that i had a GF when i was in a way lower pay-grade than now.

I created a fake profile once on a dating site a while ago as a research project, it said "i had a boat, a large house, a country house and i was sad and lonely, looking out the sea, emptiness within" (yada-yada-yada). It didn't receive tonnes of mails from girls, but it received a bit more attention than normal - money isn't a totally decisive factor.

So, i'm fairly sure that money doesn't automatically makes girls jump you, but there are some that do "go for gold" - but honestly, those girls are not the kind you want and you're not missing out on anything.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

Ichinin wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
In my experience, the ONLY Aspies who have had girlfriends had money.

If that was true, i should have had lots of GF's now. But the real problem with your theory is that i had a GF when i was in a way lower pay-grade than now.

I created a fake profile once on a dating site a while ago as a research project, it said "i had a boat, a large house, a country house and i was sad and lonely, looking out the sea, emptiness within" (yada-yada-yada). It didn't receive tonnes of mails from girls, but it received a bit more attention than normal - money isn't a totally decisive factor.

So, i'm fairly sure that money doesn't automatically makes girls jump you, but there are some that do "go for gold" - but honestly, those girls are not the kind you want and you're not missing out on anything.

This reminds me of these guys I knew back in my Wall Street days.

One of them got recruited into a big healthcare hedge fund as a buy-side analyst, he started at $350K + bonus, but he was a nerd - all he could ever talk about was how he couldn't find a girlfriend, this lasted for years.

OTOH, one of his junior analysts (jr analysts make like $25K or less while they're paying their dues) almost had to hire a bodyguard to keep the women away, just because he was a good-looking "Alpha" with good prospects.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

emlion wrote:
confidence =/= loud, boisterous, extroverted

THANK YOU.

Sorry, but I'm sick of dealing with douchebags that throw their weight around and try to push you around, only to wimper and hide when you put them in their place. When will people figure out that the guy who puts on this obviously fake show of machismo is almost always a p*ssy.?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
emlion wrote:
confidence =/= loud, boisterous, extroverted

THANK YOU.

Sorry, but I'm sick of dealing with douchebags that throw their weight around and try to push you around, only to wimper and hide when you put them in their place. When will people figure out that the guy who puts on this obviously fake show of machismo is almost always a p*ssy.?

Totally.
It took me a while to see this - sure they can stand up to women but give them a strong man to compete against? they run away like little children. it's funny really.

give me a strong silent type any day. :heart:

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 6:08 pm

Chronos wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

If a woman is only dating you for your money then she doesn't really love you and is just a prostitute or call girl who doesn't advertise.

You'd be better off just getting one who acknowledges she is such...unless you want a woman to lie to you about loving you.

I've done this actually, but I'd still prefer a real relationship. Unfortunately, no woman wants me. I've been rejected many times both in real life and on-line.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 9:17 pm

SadAspy wrote:
Chronos wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

I've done this actually, but I'd still prefer a real relationship. Unfortunately, no woman wants me. I've been rejected many times both in real life and on-line.

I will give you a word of advice that may just be something you don't want to hear but you really do need to hear it. Having a mate is a privelidge, not a right. Its all natural selection. There are others out there with the same issue you have, male and female alike. Rejections happen so oh wah bout that. You can just you know take a break from the game and pursue a hobby or something.

Also ask yourself this, why do you truly want a relationship. If its because of societal influences in any way shape or form, you need to re-evaluate you damn life. IMO if you do something simply because its what everyone else does, you are definately doing it for the wrong reasons and this applies to relationships infinitively. You really should only pursue a romantic interest if you yourself truly want them.

also, if all else fails you have a hand. Use it.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/