What were the worst rejection lines you got?

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2011, 12:33 pm

Not meant to be a depressing topic, though I guess I'm just asking for it, huh? Just popped into my head, and I was wondering about it, really.

Both of mine are actually from the same girl.
Me: "I have feelings for you."
Her: "Awww, you'll meet someone someday!"

Yeah, that was totally what I wanted to hear. Even better was when we had the conversation again, and her line was "Don't take it personally, I don't want to date ANYONE right now." And then got a new boyfriend in a week. Needless to say, I took it personally.

Anyone else want to share?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

'you're too fat, sorry love.'

that hurt. D:

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

emlion wrote:

that hurt. D:

Someone called YOU fat? Holy crap.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:40 pm

mv wrote:
emlion wrote:

that hurt. D:

that's one of the nicer ones.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

emlion wrote:
mv wrote:
emlion wrote:

that hurt. D:

that's one of the nicer ones.

I will just never understand people. 8O

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

I've heard all of the standard ones, including ones that were outright lies - but I consider them to be forgivable lies because they were used only to protect my feelings.

Never really got a "bad" one: one that was actually intended to hurt.

I have extremely good taste in women to get rejected by... :wink:

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

Grisha wrote:
I've heard all of the standard ones, including ones that were outright lies - but I consider them to be forgivable lies because they were used only to protect my feelings.

Never really got a "bad" one: one that was actually intended to hurt.

I have extremely good taste in women to get rejected by... :wink:

Oh, they don't have to be bad as in hurtful. Like, my first one, that wasn't intended to hurt me, but the way it came out, it was practically a non-sequitor. she said it and I was just scratching my head going "Uh...what?"

My second one was bad because it was an outright lie intended to protect my feelings, except when it was revealed to be a lie within a week's time, it hurt twice as much. Because it went from "It's okay, she just doesn't want a boyfriend right now" to "Oh. So it was just me that she didn't want." It would've been a whole lot less hurtful to just say "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you like that."

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

i don't think it's less hurtful to say 'i don't want you for you.'
i think good intentions stand for a lot.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

"I envision being with someone who could be thin in their old age and I've seen your mom so I know it would be impossible for you."

(1. I'm thin. 2. I'm not built like my mom. 3. I do everything in my power to be the opposite of my mother.)

"I'm not over my ex-girlfriend. I look at you and realize that you are just a reflection of her."

(Apart from being both female human beings in the same geographical area, we were nothing alike.)

"I can't date you because you're not a Christian and I don't want to be with someone who wouldn't be with me in the afterlife."

(1. Bad theology. 2. I was Roman Catholic at that time so it was really bad theology.)

"I didn't realize only your parents were rich. I don't think your family would fit in with my family. Sorry."

(My dad earned every penny of his wealth but both of them came from poverty. My mom came from rural poverty and my dad from urban poverty. I have lots of trailer park kin. "The Trailer Park Boys" isn't an unrealistic show to me. That snot-nosed pothead came from generations of class privilege and probably still hasn't worked a day in his life.)

"I love you but I don't want to leave my life here and I don't want the guilt of you leaving your life there because there's nothing really here."

(Lame!)

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:53 pm

"I've met a girl online and by the time you read this, I'll be on my way to be with her. I know you'll take good care of the kids."

- how my marriage ended, via an email

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

"I have aids". Upon trying to speak to a german girl at a bar. I was so clueless and took her so literally that I explained that there were many good drugs available today and that should could probably live long enough for a cure to be found. At that point she admitted that she didnt have Aids, that she was just trying to avoid men (and me in particular), and we ended up having a nice evening.

Sometimes being extremely literal comes in handy.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

abaisse wrote:
"I've met a girl online and by the time you read this, I'll be on my way to be with her. I know you'll take good care of the kids."

WTF?!?!

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:59 pm

wefunction wrote:
abaisse wrote:

WTF?!?!

+1

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:05 pm

Quote:
My second one was bad because it was an outright lie intended to protect my feelings, except when it was revealed to be a lie within a week's time, it hurt twice as much. Because it went from "It's okay, she just doesn't want a boyfriend right now" to "Oh. So it was just me that she didn't want." It would've been a whole lot less hurtful to just say "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you like that."

Oh, I see what you mean...

I actually had that happen to me several month's ago.

I finally worked up the courage to ask a woman who worked for one of my clients out to lunch. She says "no thanks, I brought a lunch".

10 minutes later another guy asks her the same thing and she accepts and leaves with him - right in front of me!

Harsh... :?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

you can burn in hell for all i care...

(no, I don't mean you guys, that was the rejection line, also, my first rejection...)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:09 pm

emlion wrote:
wefunction wrote:
abaisse wrote:

WTF?!?!

+1

+2 8O

This thread could go on for a thousand pages, and nothing will even come close to that one.

I'm so sorry... :(