Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 6:34 am

Okay, I mean that in jest, but hear me out.

I realized that most of my problem in getting beyond a second date with women comes down to personality and what not, so I prayed last night that God guide me to someone with whom I'm compatible. Sure enough, while out with people at Chipotle, I get into a conversation today with someone who's totally on the same page with all the big issues like religion, current events, school, personal goals. They're all about being more tolerant of those who are quiet or different. Then the guy opens up to me as a gay and invites me for a bike ride on the canal. I later remembered last nights prayer.

C'mon, how specific do I have to be?. :wink:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 6:45 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:

I realized that most of my problem in getting beyond a second date with women comes down to personality and what not, so I prayed last night that God guide me to someone with whom I'm compatible. Sure enough, while out with people at Chipotle, I get into a conversation today with someone who's totally on the same page with all the big issues like religion, current events, school, personal goals. They're all about being more tolerant of those who are quiet or different. Then the guy opens up to me as a gay and invites me for a bike ride on the canal. I later remembered last nights prayer.

Ha, that's funny. I've had 'prayers' work out in less than satisfying ways.

Careful what you wish for, as they say.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 6:47 am

Apparently "someone I'm compatible with" isn't specific enough. :)
And trust me - you have to be very very specific in your prayers. I've had quite a few of my prayers answered. The problem was that all of those "granted wishes" came true at the wrong time or the wrong place or with the wrong person and they turned into nightmares. That kinda taught me the hardest lesson "Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it" :wink:
You have to appreciate the irony of the whole situation though :) God has a very "interesting" sense of humor :lol:

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 6:48 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
... so I prayed last night that God guide me to someone with whom I'm compatible ...
Then the guy opens up to me as a gay and invites me for a bike ride on the canal ...

You remind me of a story I heard about a man who prayed for safe travel to a certain city, then safely walked away from his car being totaled in an accident just inside that city's boundary.

In the scenario you have described, you asked for guidance and then still set out on your own course.

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2011, 8:28 am

I don't mean to start any blasphemous rumours, But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour, And when I die I expect to find him laughing.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 8:50 am

They say that we are made in the image of God. Ergo, God is an aspie, so don't expect him to read between the lines. He needs clear instructions just like we do. :D

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

Moog wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:

Ha, that's funny. I've had 'prayers' work out in less than satisfying ways.

Careful what you wish for, as they say.

There's plenty of those "Be careful what you wish for" stories in the Bible... it sounds more like God is just a really, really good troll.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 9:08 am

there is no god.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

I have trouble getting beyond a second date too, but that's beside the point. I prayed to get a job once and didn't get at first, so I prayed again lamenting and asking why I didn't get it. Then the guy who got the job instead of me didn't show up so they call me and tell me I've got the job. It was the worst job I've ever had and I wish that I had never set foot in that place.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 10:58 am

aspi-rant wrote:
there is no god.

The issue would be a weak agument against the existance of God.

If there is a God, I would assume he is too busy to micro manage our lives as much as we like to believe. And created the laws of evolution so animals can change adapt to their environment without his intevention.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

Well, I'm not sure if God is an idiot, but maybe you should be more specific next time :lol:

at least you know he listened...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:

Maybe God is trying to tell you something.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

I say, "go for the bike ride."

Okay, so this guy might never be your romantic partner (or should I not make such categorical assumptions? ;) ), but a friend that you are compatible with is just as important as a romantic partner. :)

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2011, 3:56 pm

I cannot believe in an all-powerful being that no-one has yet to be scientifically confirmed as truth. And if there was an all-powerful being, why would he allow things such as the Holocaust, wars, Japan's recentl disasters, etc, to occur?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 4:24 pm

TheWeirdPig wrote:
I don't mean to start any blasphemous rumours, But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour, And when I die I expect to find him laughing.

That's catchy - should be a song...

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 4:56 pm

cammyyy wrote:
I cannot believe in an all-powerful being that no-one has yet to be scientifically confirmed as truth. And if there was an all-powerful being, why would he allow things such as the Holocaust, wars, Japan's recentl disasters, etc, to occur?

He is most likely busy. There are more planets then there are sand grains on south end beach. We think we are at the centre of the universe and the only life in the universe.