Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 11:07 pm

I’m on Badoo dating app, on there, they photo verified you. I’m talking to guys, I video chat with 1 guy there, there been other guys that want to video chat with me. Why guys don’t ask for permission to video chat with you? I hate that! With everything going sooo wrong in my life, I don’t want to get serious about dating anymore, I do want to have a male friend, on Badoo, people can just chat & meet new people. Some of men won’t want to wait until I’m ready to date in person. What wrong with talking on a texting app & video chatting, it is virtually dating. I know alot of people that don’t want to have a social distance date & to wear a mask.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2020, 3:00 am

I don't think it is there is something wrong with it. They are just are looking for a date and just messaging them is too slow for them. If you are just looking for friends there might be better places to go than Badoo. I think if you are looking for a relationship, you might find it quite hard to find a guy who is willing to wait until you are ready.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2020, 5:43 am

@kitty4670,

Why on earth do you expect a different outcome,

when you stick to the same old script?

Same old routine,rigid,same patterns,same routines etc etc,

Does cause and effect change course,

or does it stay on course.

Noam1515
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2020, 12:10 pm

It sounds to me like you are on that dating site because you are not looking for a boyfriend, you're just looking for someone interesting to speak to without meeting or arranging a date.

Most men hate that. Most men, as far as I know, are on dating sites because they want a girlfriend for a serious, long term relationship. I'm not saying you have no right to be on a dating site just to talk to other men without looking for a boyfriend, but you must atleast state that in your profile or state that in beginning of a conversation.

As someone looking for a girlfriend myself, I have no interest in a boring, pointless conversation with a woman which leads to nowhere. Of course conversations can be interesting, but me and most other men arent on a dating site for having a conversation, we're on a dating site to be married or find a long term girlfriend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 2:54 pm

Why are you all assuming she's not stating that? We didn't see her profile.

But let's face it, most people there don't read profiles.

Noam1515
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2020, 8:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Why are you all assuming she's not stating that? We didn't see her profile.

But let's face it, most people there don't read profiles.

Sometimes things can be realized without actually seeing. By the way she talks / writes, thats most likely the case. We could be wrong of course, but most signs show thats the case. Its not a big deal, since some men dont bother reading profiles every time and some might send a message without reading a profile first. But its still needed.

It also should be stated at the beginning of a conversation with someone else. "I'm not looking for a very serious relationship, keep that in mind", something like that. That way, the other person can decide if they want to continue or move on to a different person.

Dating sites generally are unfair, especially for men. Women get a lot of messages, but men get much less even if they look very good and have alot to offer to a woman. Its sometimes a matter of luck, and requires a lot of patience which not everyone has.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 10:03 pm

I did want to date, but ALOT of things are happening, I’m soo overwhelmed, I been crying alot, depressed, things had changed with me. There are ALOT of guys that put in their profile, wanting to chat & meet new people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 10:15 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I did want to date.

But then you posted this earlier

Kitty4670 wrote:
I don’t want to get serious about dating anymore, I do want to have a male friend, on Badoo, people can just chat & meet new people.

If you are putting yourself on chat/dating sites then you need to be sure what you want as men get frustrated with women who send mixed signals

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

08 Dec 2020, 7:28 pm

Many people [particularly young guys] will try to date us cuties even when we're dating someone and even if we say we have covid probably.

I think you have to block a lot of people to get a few nice ones.

You should probably find a similar website or app which is designed for purely friendship and that may fix the problem, and also one which people can't call you in, just text.

Be a little more assertive when they hit on you, say something like 'Quit hitting on me, Im here for friends' and don't explain your reasons. If they ask say it's 'for personal reasons', something they can't dig into and argue with you and drain your energy needlessly.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2020, 8:00 pm

Yes, I think you should look for a website / app that is designed primarily for people who want friends that may lead to a relationship.

As otherwise you are going to be bombarded by predatory males, who most the time just want to sleep with you,
then move on, including men who are already in other relationships and some who may even be married.

A fair percentage of men are like this, really don't care who they hurt, all their interested is getting what they want, ideally from everyone all the time. Some are even very good at managing many relationships at once, often employing a psychological strategy called compartmentalising, which generally involves in playing several different people during their regular week, and which separates all the different relationships out into compartments (so that no one ever finds out what lying bar stools they are).

Personally, from an ASD perspective. I am extremely sensitive to being lied to.
My ex-wife, who ironically projected the image that she was a Jehovah Witness and as pure as the day is long,
employed this psychological strategy of compartmentalising on me, while having relationships with several other people including some of her old boyfriends who were actually into heavy / black metal and satanism.

So she played the Jehovah Witness most the time around me (while subjecting me to extreme religious lifestyle restrictions even though i was not a Jehovah Witness), while she pretended to be a different person while around these other people. Problem was, she wasn't very good at compartmentalising in that her heavy metal satanist side spilled out into her compartment of a life with me, with her attempting to sacrifice me to the devil on full moons and other rediculous things likely encouraged by the men who she was cheating on me with.

yes. people who "compartmentalise" are extremely damaging to be involved with, unless you are very tolerant of dishonesty, sadism, slander, general manipulative sociopaths.

That said, some of the men on Badoo may be fine and you may be more than fine with them.
I can't judge them. I don't know them.

Knowing men and being a man, and being in my 40s however, i have seen a lot of different types of human behaviour and sadly have been shocked by the immoral behaviour of even people who i thought were really nice good people.

I think that there are only a very few people who i actually would trust to not try it on with my girl friend (if i had one)
Although i think that there are different standards from one culture to another.

Btw. I waited 3 years before sleeping with my nuts ex-wife, due to the religious restrictions that she imposed (if she wasn't completely lying about that too!). By the time i did sleep with her, she had basically betrayed my trust in every possible way, and had basically committed every type of breach of the rules that she imposed on me due to her Jehovah Witness religion, that the greater part of me had lost respect for her and really didn't trust her (this happens if someone is lied to constantly at every possible opportunity).

I really regret speaking to her, getting involved with her, as well as waiting for her.
That was however not a stereotypical relationship, so please do not be put off relationships due to my bad experiences.

If you are looking for someone to get on with, and perhaps develop the friendship slowly into a relationship.
perhaps join a enthusiasts club in your area based around an interest or activity that you enjoy doing.

Then perhaps you may have a better chance of meeting not only someone who you like before jumping straight into bed with them, but also someone who you share values, and interests with. Which i think is perhaps essential for success in relationships, as after the initial honey moon period is over, you really have to love the person you are with and both parties have to be fair and really faithful for the relationship to work, unless you are the type of person who likes and can cope with cheating / open relationships.

good luck