is the new Okcupid girl paranoid? and what to do next?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:17 pm

She doesn't include her photo on her profile, but messages me. She lives 132 miles or so away. She says she doesn't want to put her photo on the internet.

And, she wants me to tell more about myself. Great. I've already run out of things to tell her besides that I'm unemployed, have Schizoaffective disorder, OCD, Asperger's , and ADD.

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:29 pm

Oh, and I just looked at her profile again. She likes to try new things. Not good for someone like with Asperger's and overperseveration such as me :twisted:

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

I can understand not wanting to put photos on the Internet, but she won't even e-mail some to you? That would make me suspect she is very insecure about her appearance.

I'm sure you can think of something to say besides those things...

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:37 pm

Grisha wrote:
I can understand not wanting to put photos on the Internet, but she won't even e-mail some to you? That would make me suspect she is very insecure about her appearance.

I'm sure you can think of something to say besides those things...

Well, she did say the only way she would want share a photo is by email. She hasn't yet though.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

When you put photos online, they end up in google when you do a search on images. Some people just don't want to be seen where the whole world can see it. Plus people take photos and pose them as themselves and some people don't want that.

You can have her ask you questions about yourself, things she wants to know about like if you like kids or want any or if you have pets or like them or if you like touch or if you like going to games or concerts or if you drive or not. What kind of food you like.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 6:21 pm

This is not a good time to be thinking about this. I'm paranoid right now myself (my own schizoaffective disorder), and I have a headache.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 7:06 pm

She sounds sensible to me.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 8:30 pm

Has she said anything about herself? Seems unfair she ask so much about you yet she gets to remain an enigma.

You're well within your rights to say you wont message her until you see a photo.