Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 9:09 am

So, I have an old friend who has Asperger's. This morning, I got woken up rather early with a call from him. In irritation, I sent him straight to voicemail. He, of course, called back two seconds later. I finally pick up, and he asks if I can go to see Kun Fu Panda with him. After a few minutes struggling details out of him, I got the picture that it was a date like thing, but it sounds like it's just the two of us. My stepdad, upon me asking, said hell no. Then a few minutes later he remembered my friend and was suddenly very approving (which is just weird for him, he hates all my friends) and now I just have to convince my mother. He's insisted on paying and driving and whatnot and has actually asked me to hang out multiple times before now. I just never was able before today.

Anyway, is this a date? I mean, I have Asperger's and he does too so it's totally possible something got lost in communication.

IF IT IS a date, what the hell do I do? I've never been on a date before and he definetely the more charismatic of the two of us in that "I know I'm different but I really don't give a crap" kind of way. Should I buy my own ticket or let him (he's already said multiple times it was on him but...)? Is there anything I need to know about guys with Asperger's beforehand?

If not, well I can deal with that. That'll be easy.

It's not like we haven't hung out before. I went to his house and we watched Shrek 3 together. Honestly, I kind of like the fact I can watch "kid's movies" with someone without feeling weird.

Also, the one thing worrying me most are my two friends. One has a crush on him. Another one on me (I think, he may have dropped it by now). I can deal with the latter, but I can't hurt my friend who may still be totally infatuated with this guy, and the fact that she has autism (classic, old fasion autism) may not be very helpful. This could turn very bad.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

Yes, it's a date.

He's offered to pay for the tickets so let him.

Even though your friend has a crush on him, you should still go. Her crush isn't your responsibility.

Have fun. :D

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

Paying for another (and going without other people) can qualify it for a date.
Unless you have problems with debts etc, and he has a big salary. Then it can be 'social paying'.

Sounds nice, have fun.