INTJ Aspie Girl Dating Advice

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

IceBoxJoker
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2011, 10:06 pm

Hello everyone! I'm a former public schooled Aspie girl who will be attending a private high school next fall due to some health and anxiety issues. I'm INT(slightly)J, and I was looking for some advice on how to find a person to date. I don't really have troubles with getting people to become attracted to me. My problem is finding people that I deem as compatible matches. I don't base my decisions on a person's social status or appearance, but rather their intellectual maturity, wiseness, and reasoning skills will become main factors in my choice to date someone or not. I find it difficult to discover people who have remotely similar morals and interests as me. I'm a Christian, (not a strict one, though) which knocks out a good chunk of people right off the bat. Fortunately I am a tomboy, and I tend to like video games, science, and other things that guys more often than not enjoy. (Someone told me once that being strong in these areas intimidates guys? Can someone confirm that?) I never have emotional oubursts, and I can make decisions without letting my emotions overpower my choice.

Since I live in a pretty small town, it would be convenient if I could figure out how to find people locally. I really don't know a lot of the people here, just my group of 10ish good friends and a bunch of familiar faces. There aren't any popular "teen hangout" areas or special interest groups. Long distance relationships are a pain, and I don't feel satisfied with the amount of interaction one has online.

I absolutely adore relationships, and it's been a while since I've been in one. We dated for nearly a year, but he soon had to move and the distance eventually tore us apart. Since then I have moved on, but I still miss the feeling of love I once felt.

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate your advice.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

You might be compatible with someone who is extremely right wing (if you can stand their views), someone who plans to major in a physical science, computers, or engineering, or a lot of ASD guys have that MBTI type.

Good luck! :)

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

If you're moving to a small private school from a larger public school in a small town, well, you may be short on options. You sound smart enough to hit the university "market" after you're done though, which I'm sure would open up a lot of opportunities.

I moved to a very small university but still found that the "shakeup" paired with distance from family seemed to induce more relationships amongst peers.

It's not like a am super qualified but I can relate a bit. You say you're a bit tomboyish, so if you tried to get involved in a sport. Small public schools I have found seem to be big on intramural, even not sport ones (like academic trivia etc) so if that's more your style it might be a way to meet interesting people. You tagged yourself as a "gamer." Well it's safe to say that if you are looking for people with similar interests that gaming's a pretty easy one. People who play the same genre as you are more likely to share other personality orientations with you as well. Obviously you could just boot up WOW any day and "meet" people, but if you're looking for real relationships I suggest looking locally, "locally" being in state, in province, or whatever works for you. You will often find that at the more competitive end of things there are groups who are accessible to the public. Stuff like a LAN party is waaaay more personal than just random people online. Even in less developed areas here in the Northern wasteland, I could easily name off supersmash, halo, starcraft, COD, and LOL public events run by enthusiasts.

Anyway there is some random speculation for you, I hope it is of some use to you.

Regards,
Eldanesh

PS: People on the Autistic spectrum have been shown to have very high showing on the INTJ and INTP categories on MBTI, including myself.

IceBoxJoker
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

There is a fair coming up soon where I pretty much cram a year's worth of socializing into a week. I'll try to find some magic assertiveness pills and confront anybody I don't know too well. :wink: