Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2006, 6:48 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
I encourage it too, seeing as I am currently trying to get over a similar cowardice and I would certainly appreciate it if a woman decided to make the decision for me. However, the guy is still a coward. For that matter, I probably am as well. So we all suck!

Well, that's your call, all I can say in my case is that surface appearances are a hard call. If a girl met me where I work right now she could easily think the same thing when really I'm just under a lot of fire there, there's more politics than I'd want her to deal with in that regard, and plus I sure as hell don't want to give someone that much access to my personal life and my own sanctuary of home life unless I like their personality, click well with em, and I we were felt on the personality level as well as I am with my best guy friends. A lot of times women will make assumptions like "hmm, I"m cute, he's not responding - maybe he's scared, shy, doesn't like me?" which I doubt is the case in respect to the author of this thread but a lot of that is just completely forgetting how complex other human beings are, them looking out for themselves, them knowing what a completely messed up world this is, and them just wanting to let in good vibes and keep the trash out - trash comes in all shapes in sizes, ranges from 1 to 10 on the looks scale, and often times you can't discern who you really want in your life until you've talk to and really know them as a person well enough to want them in - that breaks the whole "if he's not flirting with me in 30 seconds he either doesn't want me or just doesn't have the guts" by thousands of times over. I'm sure there's lots of methodical, analytical, and deep-thinking women out there and I wish to god I was actually meeting em or at least hacking the ice more often.

Spieder
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2006, 9:24 pm

Well, there could be a thousand reasons why he won't kiss you but here's what to do. Set the mood. Ie par picnic, dance club where your close, etc. Start by closing in on your body language. Holding arms closely, tickling, etc. It will work.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2006, 11:48 pm

he wants to hang out on monday, at his FRIEND'S (no joke... the kid's parents shouldn't be home) house, where we'd likely watch a movie, and presumably hook up i guess (of course we don't talk about this)

oh and techstepgener8tion, i'm 17

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 4:10 pm

iamlucille wrote:
oh and techstepgener8tion, i'm 17

Yeah, I guess that rules out liquid courage then...

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 9:20 pm

oh, tonight he asked me to be his girlfriend. that does it. next time we go out i better kiss him...

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2006, 11:32 pm

Good luck! :D