Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sweetcupcake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

So i met someone on a dating site, talked online for 5 months but i decided he was too annoying :lol:
Anyway, he said some things, mostly about kids that set alarm bells off in my head. I don't know if he was intending for it to come over as pervy or not. An example of the things he said... we were talking about disney films, and he said he had always dreamt of having a little daughter running around in a Tinkerbell dress, and he hopes one day that comes true. He then said, "as Disney would say, always believe in your dreams." He also said he hopes he has a daughter with long hair and asked me if my hair was long because he liked long hair.

Oh and he said when he was looking after kids at the daycare at church," When I take the boys (normally 10 of them) to the toilet half way through the morning it is always a hectic experience lol"

trying to get that many boys to wash their hands is virtually impossible lol

He said he thought it was really nice that someone he knew (27) still jumped into bed with his parents every morning and he hopes his kids will do that when they are older. 8O

He also wanted a photo of me to put in his wallet after we had only been talking for a week or two. He even saved my picture on fb onto his phone background without even asking.

So am i overreacting or was i right to let him go?

He also said: for some reason the boys all like to bundle me when we sit down for story time lol
and two of them like to hug me every 2 minutes lol ( he volunteers in a daycare/creche at church). one Sunday one little boy came and sat on my lap while we had a video on, after a few minutes he turned around and out of the blue said 'I really like you' it was so cute lol

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

I think you should be careful around him, he sure sounds like a pedophile, and a little disturbed as well. 8O

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2011, 12:38 pm

It may be totally innocent but it sounds a bit creepy to me. I think I would have let him go too, especially if he's being a bit obsessive with your pics after a week.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

He sounds creepy not asking you about saving you pic and not giving you your space.. With the kids I do not understand if he's a pedo or he just like kids too much.. That'd creep me out too.. I am a very skeptical person so I'd think he's a pedo..

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

It does look to me as if he has raised some red flags, be careful.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

i think he just sounds paternal

am i naive?

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:15 pm

Moving to L&D.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

You people assume he's a creepy pedophile because A he's male and B he likes kids

jesus christ, whats wrong with you people, I love kids to, and I'm a guy. am I a creep? can only women love kids? I'd love a little girl in a tinkerbells dress with lovely long hair who loved me, jeez.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:25 pm

It's impossible to tell if he is a perv or just a weird guy who likes kids. Even so, there are enough red flags that I would steer clear.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

^oh my goodness, poor men.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

Phonic wrote:
You people assume he's a creepy pedophile because A he's male and B he likes kids

jesus christ, whats wrong with you people, I love kids to, and I'm a guy. am I a creep? can only women love kids? I'd love a little girl in a tinkerbells dress with lovely long hair who loved me, jeez.

People see "pedophiles" everywhere these days... :roll:

I had some sexual abuse prevention training for my son's Cub scout pack - 3/4ths of the class was about how to avoid being wrongly accused of being a pedophile! The scouts have strict procedures to prevent this...

I suppose I'm a pedophile too?

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

Last edited by pree10shun on 06 Jul 2011, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

its why men are afraid of being teachers, and such.
people love to accuse on little detail.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

sweetcupcake wrote:

He also wanted a photo of me to put in his wallet after we had only been talking for a week or two. He even saved my picture on fb onto his phone background without even asking.

I thought you were overreacting and demonising the guy, and suddenly this 8O that is ultra-creepy and possibly criminal (fb should really disable right-clicking on private profile pics but since they're major douchebags they probably never will).

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

Quote:
He said he thought it was really nice that someone he knew (27) still jumped into bed with his parents every morning and he hopes his kids will do that when they are older. Shocked

We-eird...

But I agree with Grisha (cute pic btw) and OneStepBeyond (edit: and the rest!), he hasn't said anything that would suggest he's a paedophile. He just likes kids.

He should probably be more careful around people he's just met though, because people do jump to the wrong conclusions these days.

Doesn't mean you have to date him though sweetcupcake; if he's not your cup of tea, he's not your cup of tea!

As far as I know, it's not illegal to copy someone's picture if it's on a public site, but I would also be creeped out. I had it done to me once by a 40 year old (I was 18 ) and I freaked out. He claims he deleted it (I think I ruined the fantasy anyway by reacting angrily) but I've been careful since about what I put up and who has access to it.

Last edited by Lene on 06 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

So, over the course of 5 months, someone who works with kids mentions things kids do at his work. A man on a dating site talks about his desire to have kids.

If you, sweetcupcake, found him creepy, then you should have cut things off. I do have an issue with people taking the above information and believing this guy's an abuser based solely on that.