He bailed on our plans twice in row..?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm

I met this guy through a mutual friend 2 weeks ago.The first time we arranged to meet up, he flaked on our plans.Basically,I didn't hear from him until 3 hours after we were supposed to meet, I know that should have been a red flag. But, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in the event that his phone was wacky, had an emergency, etc.

Having said that, Last week he told me that he would like to see me sometime this coming up week and asked when I'm available. So on Monday I let him know that we can still meet up after work any day since we both work day shifts. He suggested Thursday or Saturday evening. I prefer to make solid plans rather than ambiguity therefor I suggested we set up to meet for Sat evening instead. He agreed and said sure, "I can't wait to see you"

Ironically, he didn't return any of my text yesterday so I asked him if we're still on the next day(which is today) he didn't reply . This morning, I texted him again asking him to confirm within reasonable amount of time if we are still on or not -he responded few hours later and just said "LOL"

In short, we had loose plans to hang out today after work and he hasn't confirm or cancel .Now I'm not expecting him to still follow since it's been hours he left me hanging . If he ever gets back in touch,should I cuss him out or ignore him?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm

This type rudely responded with an "lol"

This is the type you ignore and move on

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 6:21 pm

His words don't match his actions. You were right to give him a second chance, but if you can follow up with this second meet without it putting you out too much you should. If he doesn't turn up again then write him off, he is messing you around.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Mar 2016, 7:29 pm

Chichikov wrote:
His words don't match his actions. You were right to give him a second chance, but if you can follow up with this second meet without it putting you out too much you should. If he doesn't turn up again then write him off, he is messing you around.
I 2nd this

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2016, 1:01 am

aspiemike wrote:
This type rudely responded with an "lol"

This is the type you ignore and move on

I 3rd this

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 1:30 am

What a loser. Is that all that's out there? No wonder I'm still single. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

carbonmonoxide
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2016, 1:55 am

He didn't turn up for your first date. Then he said he wanted to meet you and gave yo Thursday and Saturday to choose from. Saturday is for friends, not loosers like him, even if you don't have any plans. And considering he didn't turn up on the first date you should have chosen Wednesday and see if he makes any effort to either adjust or to suggests another day when you're both free.

Even after he does you don't text him, wait till he texts you, this is a guy who didn't turn up on your first date, remember?

That's the approach that you should use if a guy don't turn up for a date. However don't beat yourself up this time, a guy who replied LOL to your question whether you're still meeting up is a looser. If he ever contact you again don't even answer.