Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KeepThePeace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

I am bored enough to post this. Alone in this world as well. Would like to learn more about other people who are more like me. I am a man bogged down with a boring situation. I have all kinds of interests. I miss talking to people from all walks of life. I am in a boring country setting. Staying with my family. But there is little to peak my interest here. A field of corn. And an Amish community all around me. :?

would really enjoy hearing from people other than just my family. :P

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

Well it sounds like you are either in PA,Ohio or Indiana being near the amish community-I live in PA and venture out to the lancaster area once in a while and run into the horse and buggy set out there-I get bored and lonely a lot too.

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

I kinda wish I lived somewhere quiet, where I could get bored. I live in the middle of a big city. People people everywhere, but not particularly friendly. Everything so expensive and dollar signs seem to be rolling in most people's eyes.

I long for the quietude of fields, huge open sky with no skyscrapers in view. Verdant green as far as the eye can see.

I was thinking about how two people could wish for the other's life but have little means to attain it. Do we just wish for what we don't have? If we did indeed switch places, how long before we longed for what we had?

What are your interests anyway?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

I live very near Amish country in Pennsylvania. (I don't live in PA but in Delaware.)

Philadelphia is close if you happen to live in that Amish corner of the world.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:09 pm

purchase wrote:
I live very near Amish country in Pennsylvania. (I don't live in PA but in Delaware.)

yes I live north of Phila in Bucks county

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
purchase wrote:

yes I live north of Phila in Bucks county

Ah! Yeah! So OP, if that's the Amish Country where you live, exciting city life is close by!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

I'm in the heart of the Amish Country in PA and, personally, I really like it here. Low crime, decent cost of living, pretty countryside, etc. There are also enough cities closeby to be able to get away for an afternoon or daytrip, to get a little variety, as needed.

Radiofixr and Purchase: Since you guys are close to Philly, do you ever make it to the GRASP meetings in Berwyn? Just curious if we've ever met each other in-person without knowing it ...

I wonder if this thread would be better in "Getting to Know You?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

I live in a place where Sunnite, Shiite, Christian Orthodoxe, Druze, Al-Ahbash, Kurds, Palestinian communities living all around me (yay!!).....and few miles to the east, we have the vast lands of the Maronites, and few miles to the south, Hezbollah-land and the largest Palestinian camp.

What about to......switch places? I assure you that you'll never get bored here! And the girls here are beautiful and will like your American looks (teehee). Just take some couple self-defense courses and remember to not park any fancy car outside the garage at night, and you'll be fine.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 4:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What about to......switch places? I assure you that you'll never get bored here! And the girls here are beautiful and will like your American looks (teehee). Just take some couple self-defense courses and remember to not park any fancy car outside the garage at night, and you'll be fine.

If you two switch places, then you'll both suddenly have exotic-sounding foreign accents that will drive women wild ...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

blueroses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

If you two switch places, then you'll both suddenly have exotic-sounding foreign accents that will drive women wild ...

See, it's a win-l...I mean a win-win situation! C'mon KeepThePeace, what are you waiting for?!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Every time I went to the fields I returned disappointed, without understanding the cause of my disappointment. Every time I looked at the grey sky I felt my heart contract. Every time I heard the singing of the birds and babbling of the spring I suffered without understanding the reason for my suffering. It is said that unsophistication makes a man empty and that emptiness makes him carefree. It may be true among those who were born dead and who exist like frozen corpses; but the sensitive boy who feels much and knows little is the most unfortunate creature under the sun, because he is torn by two forces. the first force elevates him and shows him the beauty of existence through a cloud of dreams; the second ties him down to the earth and fills his eyes with dust and overpowers him with fears and darkness.

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

haruka wrote:
I kinda wish I lived somewhere quiet, where I could get bored. I live in the middle of a big city. People people everywhere, but not particularly friendly. Everything so expensive and dollar signs seem to be rolling in most people's eyes.

Sounds like New York City, a place I left behind a little while ago. I'm going to be going out of my way for the rest of my life not to live there again.

haruka wrote:
I long for the quietude of fields, huge open sky with no skyscrapers in view. Verdant green as far as the eye can see.

I was thinking about how two people could wish for the other's life but have little means to attain it. Do we just wish for what we don't have? If we did indeed switch places, how long before we longed for what we had?

Yes, we wish to have that which we don't have, and once we get it, often it .... seems to turn into that toy that juuust doesn't quite work in that cool way it seemed to in the commercials. And then we put it up on a shelf in a closet, forget about it for a bunch of years while wanting to have something else we don't have. I think this is called "the human condition." ;)

As for fields and open sky... I have it in my reach these days (I've moved recently). I highly recommend trying it out for a while.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Blueroses - I'm signed up online with the Philadelphia GRASP group but haven't attended a meeting yet! I probably should! I'll try to when the next one rolls around if I'm feeling able! It would be neat to meet you!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

Purchase: Ok, neat! If you plan to come, shoot me a PM beforehand and I'll keep and eye out for you, so I can say 'hi.' I think that in August our discussion topic is going to be 'Developing Self-Esteem' or something like that, in case knowing that sweetens the deal for you, lol.

KeepThePeace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm

Small needs people in a large needs world. Wrong Planet ;)

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

I live in Istanbul! I'm not in the heart of it, I live in Kartal which is by the sea. I can see the sea of Marmara from my room. If I want to hang out with people, I usually take a double-decker bus to Kadikoy. Kadikoy is one of the busiest places in Istanbul. It's more "Turk busy" than filled with Tourists. I love getting cheap food and eating it on the bus home.