Proof that aspies can have successful relationships

Page 4 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

MR20 wrote:
I hate threads like this, because it makes me more bitter, jealous, and mad that I can't get a girl myself.

You can't be happy for them instead? They would certainly be happy for you if the situation were reversed...

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:12 pm

MR20 wrote:
I hate threads like this, because it makes me more bitter, jealous, and mad that I can't get a girl myself.

You can't be inspired instead? Ugh, this is what happened to the "happy thread" that emlion and I had last fall. Ruined by the haters. :/

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:13 pm

Erisad wrote:
MR20 wrote:

You can't be inspired instead? Ugh, this is what happened to the "happy thread" that emlion and I had last fall. Ruined by the haters. :/

Ahh I forgot about that thread!
Aw I was so in love. ^__^ (and still am, yay!)

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

You can't be happy for them instead? They would certainly be happy for you if the situation were reversed...

Why the hell should I be happy for them? It's not like their luck is going to rub off on me because of it. While they're out having fun, being in love, and just plain enjoying life, I'll still be locked up in my house, alone, depressed, suicidal, with no hope of any happiness in the future.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

emlion wrote:
Erisad wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Ahh I forgot about that thread!
Aw I was so in love. ^__^ (and still am, yay!)

Awww, yaaay! I'm happy with a fella too, just a different one than the one from back then. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Don't forget that some autistics lack Theory of Mind.

Their own feelings are what matter them most, because they can't process the happiness/sadness of others.

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

MR20 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Why should I be happy for them? It's not like their luck is going to rub off on me because of it. While they're out having fun, being in love, and just plain enjoying life, I'll still be locked up in my house, alone, depressed, suicidal, with no hope of any happiness in the future.

You don't have to read you know.

As for me I suck at relationships, every guy I've dated probably had aspergers, and all of them failed.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

MR20 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Why the hell should I be happy for them? It's not like their luck is going to rub off on me because of it. While they're out having fun, being in love, and just plain enjoying life, I'll still be locked up in my house, alone, depressed, suicidal, with no hope of any happiness in the future.

Then why bother reading, let alone posting in, a thread dedicated to happy things, if all it does is make you feel worse?

Last edited by Titangeek on 26 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

Erisad wrote:
MR20 wrote:

No, I'm tired of people being better than me then flaunting it in my face.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

MR20 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Well, if you stay locked inside and bitter, nothing will ever happen. You can't expect something to fall into your lap. Make some changes to your routine to make yourself happier and you'll see life get better for you. :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

MR20 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
MR20 wrote:

No, I'm tired of people being better than me then flaunting it in my face.

We're not rubbing it in. We're just trying to give hope to some of the lonely aspies out there. Sadly, it gets misinterpreted somewhere. :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

AmyF wrote:
MR20 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Why should I be happy for them? It's not like their luck is going to rub off on me because of it. While they're out having fun, being in love, and just plain enjoying life, I'll still be locked up in my house, alone, depressed, suicidal, with no hope of any happiness in the future.

You don't have to read you know.

As for me I suck at relationships, every guy I've dated probably had aspergers, and all of them failed.

Date a NT instead. Image

No seriously, date a NT.

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2011, 1:21 pm

I'm too 'special' for them....Too normal for the special boys too special for the normal boys. I do like this one guy on facebook though...

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

MR20 wrote:

This. I just haven't said anything.

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Simonono wrote:
MR20 wrote:

This. I just haven't said anything.

Once again, you guys don't have to read this. Though if you guys are just saying, then it's cool.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Grisha wrote:
MR20 wrote:

Don't forget that some autistics lack Theory of Mind.

Their own feelings are what matter them most, because they can't process the happiness/sadness of others.

That's not an excuse.

ToM is related to empathy - intuitively perceiving the feelings of others, not sympathy which is actually caring about them once you know what they are.