Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

revolver
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

Has anyone else noticed that voice heavily influences their attraction to potential mates?

OLIVERBELL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

"38% is the tone and speed of their voice"

http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm

revolver
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

So because our ability to recognize body language is impaired, the auditory component assumes a larger role in our attraction?

edit: I guess what I'm saying is that I've noticed that there is a certain point for me where looks become unimportant. It's probably at about 6/10 in appearance, actually, after that I think that the returns for me are significantly diminished. I'm pretty sure everything else is voice, as far as 'physical' traits that I look for.

My gf's have been about 7-8/10.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 10:41 pm

I remember I a guy who was my type :wink: came over to me once I don't know if he was actual interested in me that way or just wanted someone to talk too but he introduced to a coupe of his friends so he must have been interested as he also gave me some of his food and brought me a cookie. But he had the voice which sounded like he was kind. And I like it. I must be attractive to men with these kind of voices because his voice won't leave my head sometimes

revolver
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

I think that what my ear perceives, my eye sees, is what I'm saying [also, pretty sure i ripped that off from somewhere]. I think what I think is physically attractive is based on what I think they sound like even before I hear them speak. Sometimes, I will see someone that I am interested in, and the minute that I hear their voice, it will be a huge turn off.

I find myself disappointed like this, mostly when it someone outside of my normal preference in women, that I think is cute. [we're not going to get into my personal preference, it's messed up and very rare for anyone to like this type...no it's not big girls, it's not that weird, it's more like 'why?' Anyway, I think it's because of voice. I was wondering if it was like that for you guys.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

I suppose voice has a lot to do with who I'm attracted to. Have a hard time believing I could put up with someone who sounds annoying. :P Or otherwise raspy or too quiet.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Most people sound to me like they are mumbling so I guess anyone who has a clearly understandable voice gets my attention. A person who speaks clearly and projects their voice out is more attractive to me.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

I have been told that my voice sounds "sexy". I have no idea how people rate voices as attractive or not: I think voices can be pleasant or unpleasant, but never attractive.

Marxeus
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2012, 2:18 am

The voice gives the feeling of personality, and what their purpose is. Maybe it gives signs that "this person is for me, or not for me." Like an alert our brain gives us, to keep us on our toes.

Soft, low, beautiful female voices are number one for me. ;)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 4:07 am

I think in terms of presentation, people do judge first impressions on body language and tone of voice because that is all they have to go on. It also depends on where you go, a person from Kent, Sussex or Surrey is going to sound different to someone from a person who lives in Manchester, Liverpool or Birmingham.

I think it really depends on the person, I speak in a strong English accent and I have had Americans find it sexy so I suppose it depends on the culture. I have been told that I have a posh English accent by people who aren't from here, I don't think it is an indicator of character or personality, people tend to pick up the accents of the culture and place they live in.