when women say they aren't looking for sex

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

there are exceptions. some women would hookup with strangers and some will probably never want sex.

I believe when many women say they aren't looking for sex they don't mean that they don't want sex at all. they probably may want mindblowing sex, but just with the right person who've they've established a meaningul relationship with.

there are probably some reason why many women say this. they may consider it not lady like to say they like sex. they may want to weed out people who are looking for a one night stand. they may not be sure what they want. or they may just want to play hard to get and not come across as "easy".

actually. much of this describes me with women.

your thoughts?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

I think that when a woman says that she is not looking for sex, she is either looking for sex or she isn't.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

The women who have sex with randoms all the time don't say this. They say "I need to get LAID!"

Women who say they're not looking for sex are usually after a long term relationship. Or just don't care for it, like me.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm

those are the two exceptions I mentioned. I meant beyond those 2.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

There is only one sweeping generalization that applies to all members of the fairer sex...

"When you've met one woman, you've met only one."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 11:38 pm

Most of the time, when a woman says she isn't looking for sex, it means she isn't looking for sex with YOU :P

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 1:04 am

Obres wrote:
Most of the time, when a woman says she isn't looking for sex, it means she isn't looking for sex with YOU :P

Haha. You might have a point. Except for those that really don't want sex.
There really should be a say-what-you-mean policy in life.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 1:20 am

My issue is with people who are clearly not Christian who put "Christian" as their religion thinking it will deter people who they think only want a booty call.

And for the record, many Christians have sex outside of marriage, so lying in that way wouldn't do much good. Perhaps putting "Muslim" as her religion would make more sense.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 1:52 am

sagan wrote:
Obres wrote:

Haha. You might have a point. Except for those that really don't want sex.
There really should be a say-what-you-mean policy in life.

I'd vote for that! :lol:

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 2:02 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
My issue is with people who are clearly not Christian who put "Christian" as their religion thinking it will deter people who they think only want a booty call.

And for the record, many Christians have sex outside of marriage, so lying in that way wouldn't do much good. Perhaps putting "Muslim" as her religion would make more sense.

Yeah, there's more of a "fear for your life" factor having a casual relationship with a girl from a strict Muslim family than from a strict Christian family. Unless, of course, you're black and in the south.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 4:53 am

I've always thought "not looking for sex" meant "not looking for sex as the number one priority in my romantic endeavours". As in, sex may eventuate but that's not what she's proactively seeking.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
I've always thought "not looking for sex" meant "not looking for sex as the number one priority in my romantic endeavours". As in, sex may eventuate but that's not what she's proactively seeking.

yes that is exactly what i'm saying...

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

I don't know about other women, but if I were to say "I'm not looking for sex", it would mean I have no intentions of having sex. Intentions can change at the drop of a hat.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I don't know about other women, but if I were to say "I'm not looking for sex", it would mean I have no intentions of having sex. Intentions can change at the drop of a hat.

yeah, thats a good point.

for example, i say that i don't want children. but in 8 years, i may change my mind.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 8:27 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Funny that...one of my issues is with people who claim to be Christians, who go about spouting on high about abstinence and being all holier than thou, who then are found out to be raving sexual beasts. I find this to be the case far more often then the one you've highlighted.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 8:51 pm

So ... to summarize, when a woman says, "I'm not interested in having sex", it means:

• "I'm not interested in having sex. Ever."
  • "I'm not interested in having sex with you (your cute friend, on the other hand...)."
  • "I'm not interested in having sex right now (maybe later...)."
  • "I'm not interested in having sex as my first priority (but that may change)."
  • "I'm not all that interested in having sex (but you might still have a chance)."
  • "I'm not interested in having sex unless the price is right."
  • "I am really interested in having sex with you, right here, right now, but I want you to beg for it first."

Okay, I added that last one ... :twisted: