Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2011, 3:11 pm

Surfman wrote:
a bad haircut, a bent face

a nervous, unsure demeanour?

most girls wont go for the beiber cut, so 2010

No I just made my face like that, I don't like smiling to the camera XD

True, I had this haircut look ever since I was younger and now because of that gay bastard, I can see how you think its a "beiber" cut. Nervous/unsure demeanour? What do you mean?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

This thread is turning out to be practically useful.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
none of them are asian....the girl on the left is half puerto rican and the other 2 are white. lol

DeanAdamFry wrote:
Hmmm I think its best if you could give examples to each of the rules you listed, it would help people understand it more.

Which rule would you like me to give an example of? Which one confuses you the most?

Well, your 'rock star' can certainly be effective. I saw so many girls go for this type of looks, tattoos, gangsta look, leather jacket, hippie beard...

But it's not feasible for everyone, if I go for a such look, i'd be fired from my work.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 02 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neotokyomushroom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

I just act like myself and hell yeah I'm weird. I don't tease, admittedly I don't compliment falsely either. In the last two weeks I have been H O T. On the whole your advice is fairly good. Not my style entirely but I could see it working.

I go for a geek/nerd approach. I sit in the pub on a Friday/Saturday night with a notepad and pens. Everyone who approaches the bar gets asked to add to my drawing, I hassle them for a minute if they don't. This gives the appearance of getting along with people and enables me to practise conversation.

In the last two weeks I've gotten to know a lot of people casually and had a couple of offers I 'couldn't refuse'. Probably not the best approach for a permanent relationship but I sure enjoyed drawing a mulberry bush.

Admittedly my narcissistic belief in my looks helps too. :P

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

02 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
Don't hesitate if the feelings right, because that will also make you look creepy.
MetalAspie wrote:
If you're gonna try to cuddle up to a girl or touch legs with her, at least make sure the chemistry between you guys is ok enough where you can do it.
Should I make sure the chemistry is right first or should I avoid hesitation?

To determine whether the feeling is right or the chemistry is okay,
I must run statistical analysis for each variable and plug that into a decision matrix.
My margin of error exceeds the variables themselves by several orders of magnitude.
Hesitation is the ostensible symptom of such mind-racking calculation.

Intuitive knowledge of when "the feeling is right"
is a luxury that I do not possess.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Fatal-Noogie wrote:
MetalAspie wrote:
Don't hesitate if the feelings right, because that will also make you look creepy.
MetalAspie wrote:
If you're gonna try to cuddle up to a girl or touch legs with her, at least make sure the chemistry between you guys is ok enough where you can do it.
Should I make sure the chemistry is right first or should I avoid hesitation?

To determine whether the feeling is right or the chemistry is okay,
I must run statistical analysis for each variable and plug that into a decision matrix.
My margin of error exceeds the variables themselves by several orders of magnitude.
Hesitation is the ostensible symptom of such mind-racking calculation.

Intuitive knowledge of when "the feeling is right"
is a luxury that I do not possess.

I say avoid hesitation. Even she does reject you, who cares? It's all a learning experience. I've been rejected by lots of girls, but for every girl that has rejected me theres been at least 1 girl who doesnt. If she rejects you, just try to figure out what you did wrong and then try not to do it next time.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, your 'rock star' can certainly be effective. I saw so many girls go for this type of looks, tattoos, gangsta look, leather jacket, hippie beard...

But it's not feasible for everyone, if I go for a such look, i'd be fired from my work.

Yeah, girls love bad boys. I skateboard, I love to party, I love heavy metal, I wear a leather jacket, I have tattoos. Girls love guys like that. Girls also like guys who have things about them that make them interesting. Things about their personality that set them apart from everyone else and make them unique.

The thing is, I've been a metal fan since I was like 13, but I was still really dorky and awkward. I've learned how to be a metalhead and be cool about it. I've learned how to have that "rocker swag" that makes people like Lemmy or Steven Tyler so damn cool.

Last edited by MetalAspie on 02 Oct 2011, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:23 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I stop liking a guy if I see him flirting with a load of other girls, just makes me think he's a womanizer who's just gonna use me.

Most of the time, its the other girls that are flirting with me. And obviousley I'm not gonna be like "No, eww go away". You just gotta have the swag to attract them. Swag is key. Plus, most of the girls I flirt with also flirt with lots of other guys so its not like theyre gonna get offended or anything. Its just...idk...how people act at art school lol

This is the difference. Flirting with them suggests womanising. Politely rebuffing flirts from them shows that (a) you're popular and (b) you're only interested in her. It's like other shoppers being told the item in the window is no longer for sale, because you've already asked for it.

DeanAdamFry wrote:
What do you mean? and What have I got then apart from very youthful look?

Agreed about the haircut - it doesn't suit you. If anything, it makes you look TOO youthful. Get it cut short, play about a little with it. I know what you mean about cameras, though. I find it hard to avoid pulling faces at them. Or mirrors.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
This is the difference. Flirting with them suggests womanising. Politely rebuffing flirts from them shows that (a) you're popular and (b) you're only interested in her. It's like other shoppers being told the item in the window is no longer for sale, because you've already asked for it.

Well, its not necessarily flirting. Its more about just having this confident charisma in the way you talk to girls to make you appear as the "cool guy".

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2011, 5:34 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
DeanAdamFry wrote:
What do you mean? and What have I got then apart from very youthful look?

Agreed about the haircut - it doesn't suit you. If anything, it makes you look TOO youthful. Get it cut short, play about a little with it. I know what you mean about cameras, though. I find it hard to avoid pulling faces at them. Or mirrors.

Hmmm.. I think I'll go for a classic look then, I've had enough of this hair style anyway >.> What sort of hairstyle would you recommend?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah, if you're a twenty-something looking for a hookup...:roll:

Nothing wrong with that, but us *ahem* older folks have a tougher nut to crack than simply getting a girl into to sack...

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 7:27 pm

Grisha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, but us *ahem* older folks have a tougher nut to crack than simply getting a girl into to sack...

You can be a cool old guy! XD

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
Grisha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You can be a cool old guy! XD

I am a cool old guy! 8)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can imagine that sort of thing being a massive turn-off for some women too. It makes you look... 'untidy'? Some women really like that - as seen in your photo - but others would be repelled by it. A lot of it has to do with what social circles you mix in as well.

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 8:12 pm

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can imagine that sort of thing being a massive turn-off for some women too. It makes you look... 'untidy'? Some women really like that - as seen in your photo - but others would be repelled by it. A lot of it has to do with what social circles you mix in as well.

Ive found that too. It either makes you look dangerous, or it makes you look like you have bad hygene.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

Is that a canoe in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?