Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2011, 8:46 am

Last night I had some girlfriends over to see my new place and my kitten, Pyewacket. One of them looked down before coming in, and picked up a rose that had been laying on my doorstep. It looked like it had been there a while. I guess I've been walking over it. I don't notice things like that.

I think it is a very romantic gesture from someone, but I hate not knowing who left it. I love roses, and not that many people know I love them. Also in my head, I'm wondering if one of my girl friends left it for me to pick up my spirits or if it was meant for someone else and accidentally put there. My friend said I should just enjoy it for what it is.

Any thoughts?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

Maybe it belonged to some youngin' who may have been sitting on your step contemplating a relationship. Who knows? Maybe it's for Pyewacket! :lol: . Perhaps Pyewacket has a WHOLE past you know nothing about. LOL! I LOVE that name! It is SOOO cute!! !! How did you pick it? But seriously, about the rose, it could be so many things - don't sweat it. "If" it's really significant, something is bound to give. You'll find out eventually. If it really were one of your friends, I'd imagine they'd hand it to you directly. Be careful though. Just stay alert in your neighborhood. You put your age as being 47. I'm 50. It feels good to post for someone closer to my own age. :)

wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Pyewacket was the name of the witch’s familiar in the movie “Bell, Book and Candle”. She’s only 5 months old. LOL I don’t know how much of a past she could have. I love the name, too. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyewacket_(familiar_spirit)

Yeah, I’m trying not to make too much out of it. It’s been a loooooooong time since anyone has given me a flower, much less secretly though. Truthfully, I would rather them give it to me directly so I don’t think too much on it and can enjoy it.

I’ll only be 47 for about 2 more weeks. It is nice to meet people my age with Aspergers. Only just diagnosed myself a couple months ago. Glad there are people out there who are open to talk about it! :)

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Open romance is preferable to subtle gestures in my opinion.

It's fun to imagine what it might mean. Ultimately though your only option is to ignore it.