Page 6 of 16 [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 7:31 am

Grisha wrote:
I've always assumed that women universally admire "6-pack" abs and it is a worthwhile goal for a guy to shoot for, and my bodyfat is pretty close to that goal.

Now I'm hearing from someone whose opinion means a lot to me that most women actually like a little bodyfat.

I'm really interested in hearing women's views on the subject - how much or how little fat is optimal for a guy?

It's true most women don't like super muscular men. Another thing to consider is most women are willing to date a guy who doesn't have a perfect body, while having a very nice physique might actually drive some women away because they will either assume you wouldn't go for them, as they would interpret your physique as an announcement that you are looking for an elite calibur woman, or they would have misgivings about your ability to be faithful, as they would think you could pretty much get anyone you want and they're out should you tire of them.

I would say a good place to be is a body fat percentage where it's implied there are muscles there, maybe even visible contours, but not necessarily "ripped". In other words, "fit" but not obsessed.

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2011, 7:38 am

A collection of epic weirdness.

In a good way.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 8:57 am

It is true that muscular guys can be intimidating. It's not that they're ugly (unless they're too muscular). Some of them are quite handsome (though for me, I think I pay more attention to face). It's just that the muscles signalize "I'm not interested in girls like you, go away". So you kind of learn to ignore them.

Does this make any sense?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

deconstruction wrote:
It is true that muscular guys can be intimidating. It's not that they're ugly (unless they're too muscular). Some of them are quite handsome (though for me, I think I pay more attention to face). It's just that the muscles signalize "I'm not interested in girls like you, go away". So you kind of learn to ignore them.

Actually it is the opposite, most guys tend to start working out because of insecurities or to build self confidence because they don't feel good enough in themselves, I know I certainly started working out because I felt insecure in myself and I found it to be a positive outlet so I can definitely relate to people when they say they don't feel good enough in their physical appearance. The way someone is shaped or built certainly doesn't determine if a person is faithful or not and it certainly doesn't mean that someone likes a certain preference simply because they work out.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

Wolfheart wrote:
deconstruction wrote:

Actually it is the opposite, most guys tend to start working out because of insecurities or to build self confidence because they don't feel good enough in themselves, I know I certainly started working out because I felt insecure in myself and I found it to be a positive outlet so I can definitely relate to people when they say they don't feel good enough in their physical appearance. The way someone is shaped or built certainly doesn't determine if a person is faithful or not and it certainly doesn't mean that someone likes a certain preference simply because they work out.

I think you've misunderstood, Wolfheart. She's saying this is how some women perceive highly-muscular men to be, regardless of how they truly are or whatever their motivations for working out.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 10:45 am

These conversations are suggestive of people who don't get to know people.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

It's very hard to get to know people. I was even married to someone who turned out to be a completely different person than the person he was pretending to be. Very disconcerting. There is so much image-projection that goes on, it's horrifying. No one just *is*.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

Wolfheart wrote:

Don't get me wrong, the amount of muscles or willingness to work out doesn't dictate what kind of a person you are. It would be like saying all attractive women are shallow b...s and stupid golddiggers. Or whatever.

Yes, I bet there are guys who work out to gain confidence or to feel better about themselves, or for other reasons. I sure don't want to say a man should alter his body to suit a woman's needs or that he should abandon his hobbies or things that make them happy because of a woman.

What I'm saying is that it's how I sometimes perceive muscular men to be. (And I'm not the best judge of character, mind you. Though I know other girls who think like this). It's not that I ever considered muscular men to be bad people, it's just the combination of bad experiences and personal insecurities/lack of self confidence.

Never underestimate the level of female insecurities, especially when it comes to physical appearance. Women are under constant pressure to be conventionally attractive and to base their self-worth around it. If you're not perceived as attractive, men often behave as you're not even there (and I don't just mean that they don't approach you; they often ignore you completely, as if you don't exist as a human being).

So it seems logical that you become cautious about the men who are perceived highly attractive (and let's be honest, muscular men are often seen as very attractive).

SayHello69
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

Most of the sex I have gotten has been solely because of my appearance and hooking up with girls from my gym. Just like money it definitely helps.

Ceraphe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2011, 12:16 am

Girl here. To be honest, I used to be a rather thin cheerleader, and then I made a baby. :D Bye bye, 6-pack abs, hello hips and tummy.

Even when I was the tiny cheerleader type, I still preferred a man with a bit of meat on him. It's so much nicer to cuddle up to.

Also, now that I've gotten past 30, I've found out that a lot of people just don't care as much as when I was 18.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:50 am

SayHello69 wrote:
Most of the sex I have gotten has been solely because of my appearance and hooking up with girls from my gym. Just like money it definitely helps.

do you... complete a survey afterwards to find out why they hooked up with you? it seems like there could be a lot of factors in there.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2011, 1:45 am

I know you're not asking guys but for me, I think fitness is important. I want to have energy and be active. Likewise, I enjoy a woman who is also healthy. I don't want to pass the idea to our children that eating and not exercising is okay. Ultimately, it's an individual's choice but I really prefer someone who also desires a healthy lifestyle. That doesn't mean skinny or muscular or whatever, rather it implies that you're in shape.

I've seen too many people I grew up with turn into fast food addicts and alcoholics.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2011, 1:51 am

Though, I guess the male version of this thread might be called:

D-Cups.

It's not a requirement but I'm not opposed to it either :D

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:58 am

Synecdoche wrote:

D-Cups.

The funny thing is, a woman (in most of the cases) needs to be quite full-figured to have natural D Cups.

Or am I missing something here? :P

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:20 am

My 2c here. I have "D Cups" and excess to that even. But I have noticed in my experiences:

- Some men going crazy over them
- Some men being a bit interested in them but seeming more interested in my butt or legs or some other part
- Some men being a little disappointed as they actually prefer an A or B cup. This has happened to me a few times.

So as an example, I am saying that men dont like the same thing, and neither do women. So it is silly to worry about a "six pack".

Here is my current celeb crush, I dont know what category he is in. I just like him.

Taking a break.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 6:05 am

deconstruction wrote:
Synecdoche wrote:

D-Cups.

The funny thing is, a woman (in most of the cases) needs to be quite full-figured to have natural D Cups.

Or am I missing something here? :P

and the man needs to be quite sportive, full-figured, well-fit and athletic to have a natural 6-packs, so what?

Ancient Greeks shaped their body armors as 6-packed bodies, so it's not something that exists only in the modern world.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 20 Nov 2011, 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.