Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonerLad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2006, 11:01 am

I have been on a few dates through an introduction agency based In England and I have not had success yet. I paid a lot to join and I have had 6 introductions so far.
The first 2 dates went well but I did not meet up with the women I met.
I suppose this may because I may have Asperger's and I should not affect me going on dates with women.

I wish you success in finding a boyfriend or girlfriend.

:D

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 12:31 pm

Perhaps you should try an Aspie dating service?

As for me, I haven't even got to the stage of being interested yet and I'm 17 on the 22nd! :oops:

mysteriouslyabsent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2006, 4:09 pm

Dating is mainly a numbers game, the more you try the better your chances really.
Statistically you are unlikely to have met anyone you really like after meeting only 6 essentially random women.

Some women seem to like the AS quirks, but some hate it, so it's something of a lottery.

I must have been on around 6 or so dates in the past few months and haven't felt any real attraction to any of them, not enough for a second date anyway. Physically they have all been fine, but personality wise nothing clicked. But I just keep chipping away looking for that speck of gold...

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:58 am

I like that, don't compromise cause it'll just make you angry and her unsatisfied.

Compromise once you find someone definately worth compromising for hehe

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 10:07 pm

Go to an AS support group where you will find AS or NT girls waiting for someone whose interests match theirs. NT girls will find you off-putting at first but will get used to your quirks.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 10:21 pm

Ive wasted over 230 on dating agencys would go with they way's as it's not really designed for us... it's random and a nt guy is very highly unlikely to click and the fact its 80% to 20% female ratio + most of the females bars are too high or not really wanting to go further than dating stage...

"" find alot of these sites poping up mainly pray on male Membership ""
Unless your 30 + in age

dimensionaltraveler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2006, 11:41 pm

I think that people with Aspergers have a tough time dating. I do.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 2:49 pm

The problem I have is I perseverate on girls I like...so while other people are like "yeah, better look for someone else" I don't. It really is frustrating as it basically drives people I like away from me.

Medu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2006, 8:53 pm

I am the same way, when it comes down to it. The guy I've been dating is, in my opinion, somewhat of an idiot. I don't love him, but I haven't broken up with him because the number of guys I know I don't feel comfortable asking out-in that I don't know how to, plus I don't know how if they have girlfriends or not.

FM_Mood
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2006, 6:15 am

Murder-suicide pacts are the new dating.

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2006, 11:14 am

FM_Mood wrote:

Ummmmm, ok..... :?:

I've resigned myself to bachelorhood for now. I keep my eyes open and if an opportunity arises I will take it, but I'm not spending a ton of time thinking about it.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2006, 11:14 am

Medu wrote:
I am the same way, when it comes down to it. The guy I've been dating is, in my opinion, somewhat of an idiot. I don't love him, but I haven't broken up with him because the number of guys I know I don't feel comfortable asking out-in that I don't know how to, plus I don't know how if they have girlfriends or not.

My case is "she has a boyfriend. A friend told her I like her, then I told her, ironically confirming to myself I like her, thus I like her even more. Now her boyfriend thinks I'm out to get her and she's confused."

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2006, 12:14 pm

FM_Mood wrote:

There was a murder-suicide at Sam Houston State University, about 80 miles north of Houston.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Medu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Dec 2006, 8:20 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Medu wrote:

My case is "she has a boyfriend. A friend told her I like her, then I told her, ironically confirming to myself I like her, thus I like her even more. Now her boyfriend thinks I'm out to get her and she's confused."

Heh. Straighten her out, as well as her boyfriend. I'm in a similar situation with two of my guy friends. One I know has a girlfriend (I just found out) and the other had a girlfriend, but I don't know if they are still dating.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 9:07 pm

Medu wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Medu wrote:

Heh. Straighten her out, as well as her boyfriend. I'm in a similar situation with two of my guy friends. One I know has a girlfriend (I just found out) and the other had a girlfriend, but I don't know if they are still dating.

Actually, it's a messier situation than that, but I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I have. I'll post a link to another thread (though it's in Adult AS forums; not because it's sexually explicit, but because I really want to talk about the problem in a more mature manner).

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... highlight=

Anyway, for those looking for a good dating site, though I haven't had success with it yet, OKCupid is a decent site. Though I haven't found anyone through it yet, its free and professionally done. And finally, murder-suicide pacts are not funny. There was one that happened at my university about 2 years ago.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 9:12 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Medu wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Medu wrote:

Actually, it's a messier situation than that, but I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I have. I'll post a link to another thread (though it's in Adult AS forums; not because it's sexually explicit, but because I really want to talk about the problem in a more mature manner).

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... highlight=

Anyway, for those looking for a good dating site, though I haven't had success with it yet, OKCupid is a decent site. Though I haven't found anyone through it yet, its free and professionally done. And finally, murder-suicide pacts are not funny. There was one that happened at my university about 2 years ago.

The incident at SHSU was not a pact, it was a guy who was obsessed with a high school classmate. Both were attending the college, and he was convinced that she was in love with him--she wasn't. Before her roommates could report him to the police for stalking, he shot her and then himself.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!