I feel really really really bad...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 2:11 am

...about a couple of girls from a few and five years ago. This one girl was actually cute, she was just shy like me and she was in a class of mine. We didn't really talk, but all of the sudden I don't remember what she "did", but she did it whatever it was that just conveyed that she liked me. She had that smile on.

I just freaked out inside my head, trying not to show it, but I just got really scared all in that instant. I didn't talk to her, and I kind of avoided her after that.

I really regret this, I really wish I would have just talked to her, because she seems like the type of non-threatening girl I really would have liked. I just don't know what the f**k is wrong with me. Not many girls have ever just "Showed" an interest in me, and worst of all I feel like a coward for not talking to her.

There were other times as well and I just feel like a coward, because I just couldn't really talk to them, they got an awful rejection.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 6:33 am

Don't dwell on the past, learn from it and move on.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself. You were young and not ready and being very honest about it. A guy clamming up, I don't see as a rejection. Like green fruit, nothings wrong with it, it's just not ripe for the picking.

Concretebadger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2011, 6:09 pm

I think everyone gets nervy about it when they're that age, whether they're male, female, ASD or NT. There's probably a girl you knew during that time who ignored you for no apparent reason but felt really bad about it because she did actually like you but couldn't articulate it. Sadly, it happens so the best thing to do is learn from it and apply the knowledge gained to making future encounters better.

I can recall doing the same thing when I was in my mid teens; I inwardly cringe at the goofy, wimpy and downright thoughtless things I said and did when I was younger. None of it was out of malice; my adolescent brain just couldn't convey my thoughts and feelings properly!

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 7:26 pm

This happened to me a few times too. The problem is: I do not think I have learned. I would probably repeat my mistakes again if I got another chance.

Whatever, I have always been terrible at social situations. Whenever there are people involved, I will invariably take the worst course of action.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

lightening020 wrote:
...about a couple of girls from a few and five years ago. This one girl was actually cute, she was just shy like me and she was in a class of mine. We didn't really talk, but all of the sudden I don't remember what she "did", but she did it whatever it was that just conveyed that she liked me. She had that smile on.

I just freaked out inside my head, trying not to show it, but I just got really scared all in that instant. I didn't talk to her, and I kind of avoided her after that.

I really regret this, I really wish I would have just talked to her, because she seems like the type of non-threatening girl I really would have liked. I just don't know what the f**k is wrong with me. Not many girls have ever just "Showed" an interest in me, and worst of all I feel like a coward for not talking to her.

There were other times as well and I just feel like a coward, because I just couldn't really talk to them, they got an awful rejection.
honestly, this is pretty standard.

i liked a girl for like 2 years. we hung out all the time. my (at the time) rival told her i liked her (iuno why), and she confronted me about it (because she liked me too) and i said 'NOPE!' as an instant reaction to my rival instigating it. then, she kept hanging out with me letting me flirt with her and try my best all the time, and at the very end she even asked ME OUT and i declined her for dumbest reason ever.

i learned though, you should too. :D

this being said, just because she breathes and shows interest doesnt mean she'll be right for you :X