Is feeding me a sign that she likes me?

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

cyberfox007 wrote:
i think she has made me dance around the bush for far too long.

If she likes you, do it. Do it properly but do it soon.

And watch it with the Japanese food and don't make the mistake of taking her out to a J-restaurant unless she specifically requests it. Trust me on this one - can one say "busman's holiday"? ;)

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2012, 11:42 am

With regards to the Japanese food....

I got her some rice dumplings from a Japanese cultural center that were making them for the new year. I called her up some day asking her if she wanted some and she said yes. She told me she loved them. Got her 2 lbs. of the stuff and delivered it to her place.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 12:05 pm

fraac wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ as far as I know, friends do not feed each other ice cream with their fingers.

Was it vanilla , OP? ;p

Friendly friends do. Girls who do that as friends make the best girlfriends, they love intimacy.

In which culture is that? Certainly isn't in mine ;p.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Where I live, it is not all that uncommon. For example, I had a friend who was sleeping with his head in the lap of a female friend while she stroke his hair. Most of the young people here have no problem flirting and doing public displays of affection with their friends. Apparently, the only way to know for certain if a couple is in a relationship is if they kiss each other.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
curlyfry wrote:
I do think the feeding was a clear indication of her likeness for you but that BF comment makes me wonder if she is being sincere or just playing you?

I still think she is calling a bluff on that front. I don't believe it for 1 second.

Maybe she thinks you're attracted to compulsive liars.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 1:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
fraac wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ as far as I know, friends do not feed each other ice cream with their fingers.

Was it vanilla , OP? ;p

Friendly friends do. Girls who do that as friends make the best girlfriends, they love intimacy.

I was going to say dance music culture but possibly any European-ish culture.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
With regards to the Japanese food....

I got her some rice dumplings from a Japanese cultural center that were making them for the new year. I called her up some day asking her if she wanted some and she said yes. She told me she loved them. Got her 2 lbs. of the stuff and delivered it to her place.

Try Chinese food instead.

Feed her some noodles.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:27 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Feed her some noodles.

Feed her a jumbo sausage.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

fraac wrote:
Find an activity that involves lots of friendly touching. Unresolved sexual tension keeps viewers hooked for a reason.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Feed her some noodles.

Feed her a jumbo sausage.

Now now....that would be a sign for many things.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Now now....that would be a sign for many things.

If she chomps down hard on it, perhaps rethink your strategy. ;)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:40 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
fraac wrote:
If she has a boyfriend then making a move would be a bad idea. A lot of smart girls play all their potential suitors against each other and pick the winner as a mate. Be playful and friendly, let her boyfriend get jealous and become unable to provide a big safe world. If you can find out indirectly from someone else whether she actually has a boyfriend it would make your strategy a lot more obvious.

I don't know where this preconception that she has a boyfriend comes from or the assumption that her behavior is to cause a fight. She is acting receptive and reciprocating towards him so he should assume it as a positive signal and escalate their friendship to the next level. Some girls only have boyfriends for the status of having one or they are just staying with that boyfriend until they find someone better or more convenient for them.

she said she had a boyfriend.

about the bolded part... i can't think of a single good reason to date someone like that or the guy would just become the latest in her series of convenient boyfriends. he'd just be filling in until someone better comes along. i do not think it can end well when that is the case as i am not sure that a person of that description could really be satisfied with anyone. of course, i don't know whether the OP's love interest is such a type as we don't have enough information though.

EDIT: saw your next post and i agree.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:46 pm

That's not how girls work. The imperative is to find the best mate. They'll only go through you to the next guy if the next guy is better, and if you're thinking like that then why bother in the first place?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Where I live, it is not all that uncommon. For example, I had a friend who was sleeping with his head in the lap of a female friend while she stroke his hair. Most of the young people here have no problem flirting and doing public displays of affection with their friends. Apparently, the only way to know for certain if a couple is in a relationship is if they kiss each other.

yeah, my friends were like that when i was younger, and my daughter's friends too. very affectionate and touchy-feely, with cuddle-puddles and such.

OP, i can see you're set on this girl so nobody can really say much to convince you otherwise. just please keep your eyes wide open that her boyfriend is probably back at home and she may possibly just be looking for a fling. be aware of the likelihood of things getting messy and don't let yourself get a broken heart out of this if it goes pear-shaped.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

yeah, my friends were like that when i was younger, and my daughter's friends too. very affectionate and touchy-feely, with cuddle-puddles and such.

Teens or adults?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Teens or adults?

both, ranging in age from about 15 to 25.