Nice guy syndrome(is a joke)

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

Yo dawg I heard you like trollin so we put so trollin in your troll thread so we can troll while you troll.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

I actually do get what the OP is saying. It does go hand in hand with a few other things.

Some of them I can easily point out such as the usual "I want everything handed to me on a platinum platter" attitude. People, not just those on here, but in general keep acting like everything should just be given with no work on their own part, regardless of the f*****g situation. To those who do follow it, I can almost guarantee the women isn't interested because you would come off as a whiny, needy sack of lazy.

I also have a tendency to hate the blame I constantly see on here. Almost every time I see someone that is a fellow male post on here whining bout how he can't get any 99% percent of the time blames the woman. These individuals then act like they are the perfect little angels who do not a single thing wrong and will cry hypocrite whenever they get knocked off the proverbial high horse. They themselves just lay blame, they cannot even acknowledge their own f*****g flaws. I also notice EVERY TIME SOMEONE LOSES TO ANOTHER GUY THEY IMMEDIATELY TURN HOSTILE AND START SAYING THE WOMEN IS A WHORE AND THE OTHER GUY IS JUST A JERKASS.

So I can sum up the lessons as follows.

1)Blame wars are just immature.
2)Being a sore loser to a battle you were too lazy to lift a finger to even fight/defend against is just plain stupidity. Don't act like you try when you never bothered trying in the first place.
3)Stop whining... it is stupid, pointless, and most likely a turnoff which is just exasperating your problems.
4)Insult flinging... sure... you are just making a hypocrite/as*hole/douchebag out of yourself.
5)Stop using self-pity and acting like you are never in the wrong, EVER. Everyone has their failures and you own the f**k up to them. Don't act like you had not a single part to play in it.
6)Yes I returned to the L&D section after a long hiatus DUE to the fact people cry butthurt over everything.
7)GROW THE f**k UP. PICK YOURSELF OFF THE GROUND AND WIPE AWAY THE TEARS SWEAT MUD AND BLOOD. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES INSTEAD OF DWELLING ON A FAILURE.
8)Yes, I actually notice in general women are much less whiney on these forums about it.

Yeah it may take me being as blunt and perhaps as offensive as possible to get the point across but people really need to take a closer look at themselves. So go ahead, call it a troll post or me being the embodiment of the jerks you all hate. I am just simply being honest and pointing out the facts here for everyone to see. Now it is time for me to look for a certain thread of mine to revive on these forums and then I am back on hiatus.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

timewaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

I think the main problem so called nice guys have is going for girls that don't really suit them maybe?

Same the other way around i think, nice girls that go for bad guys, it's their own fault really, both groups should make more effort to find people that suit them a little more (imo).

Personally, bad girls are a big turn off for me and always have been, i dont have any interest in them at all and ive never really run into this nice guy problem.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

What DemonAbyss10 said makes sense, actually. Specifically, this:

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
2)Being a sore loser to a battle you were too lazy to lift a finger to even fight/defend against is just plain stupidity. Don't act like you try when you never bothered trying in the first place.

I do that. Or at least, part of that. I do not act like I try, but I am a "loser to a battle I never fought". I am fully aware I am the only one to blame for my faults.

Your reply is actually very constructive, despite your bluntness (which did not offend me one bit).

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

Am going to give this from a womans point of view. I tend to see a few men on site. Wont be naming names say why do all the women especial the attractive women go for the jocks. As they call so called jocks jerks. Just because look is typical jock so the jocks is sterotyical bad boy jerks. Maybe the jock looking man is a nice person and both the women and the man love each other and that's why they are dating. Not because he might be a bad boy jerk. A few men think we like bad boys So that's why they think we never seem be attriave to them the so call nice guy. The truth almost all women do NOT like jerks. So it's all in those guys head. I see a alot blame in the so call nice guys. They are just blameing others for not getting the women of their desires. When really it just has been them the so called nice guys all of long

There is no such thing as nice guy/ bad boy thing. Almost all men can be both but not with jerk side: Which is a good thing. There must be blannce between the too. Women love when the guy is nice to them but only to a point they are smuting them that's too much for some people. Bad boy part women want their man to help lead the relationship not to point of controling the her,

Last edited by Lady-ivy on 04 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

timewaster wrote:
Personally, bad girls are a big turn off for me and always have been, i dont have any interest in them at all and ive never really run into this nice guy problem.

The funny thing is that the evil girls always happen to be the pretty-looking ones and my mind is automatically attracted to beautiful women, regardless if they are bad or not.

timewaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2012, 9:56 pm

Tom5 wrote:
timewaster wrote:

The funny thing is that the evil girls always happen to be the pretty-looking ones and my mind is automatically attracted to beautiful women, regardless if they are bad or not.

God, not me, an utter turn off.

Like for example, this picture of someone famous that i really hate for some reason, she looks like such a cruel b***h, how could u be attracted to that? I recognise that the features say she's pretty but i just can't actually feel it if u know what i mean, i am NOT attracted to nasty people in the slightest. Maybe that's why i don't like so many people though, attractive and nice is such a rare combination.

mad_monkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

Edit 1When I troll I go all like Chris Chan sonichu, and more offensives shite that stats stuff
End edit 1

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
I actually do get what the OP is saying. It does go hand in hand with a few other things.

Some of them I can easily point out such as the usual "I want everything handed to me on a platinum platter" attitude. People, not just those on here, but in general keep acting like everything should just be given with no work on their own part, regardless of the f***ing situation. To those who do follow it, I can almost guarantee the women isn't interested because you would come off as a whiny, needy sack of lazy.

I also have a tendency to hate the blame I constantly see on here. Almost every time I see someone that is a fellow male post on here whining bout how he can't get any 99% percent of the time blames the woman. These individuals then act like they are the perfect little angels who do not a single thing wrong and will cry hypocrite whenever they get knocked off the proverbial high horse. They themselves just lay blame, they cannot even acknowledge their own f***ing flaws. I also notice EVERY TIME SOMEONE LOSES TO ANOTHER GUY THEY IMMEDIATELY TURN HOSTILE AND START SAYING THE WOMEN IS A WHORE AND THE OTHER GUY IS JUST A JERKASS.

So I can sum up the lessons as follows.

1)Blame wars are just immature.
3)Stop whining... it is stupid, pointless, and most likely a turnoff which is just exasperating your problems.
4)Insult flinging... sure... you are just making a hypocrite/as*hole/douchebag out of yourself.
5)Stop using self-pity and acting like you are never in the wrong, EVER. Everyone has their failures and you own the f**k up to them. Don't act like you had not a single part to play in it.
6)Yes I returned to the L&D section after a long hiatus DUE to the fact people cry butthurt over everything.
7)GROW THE f**k UP. PICK YOURSELF OFF THE GROUND AND WIPE AWAY THE TEARS SWEAT MUD AND BLOOD. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES INSTEAD OF DWELLING ON A FAILURE.
8)Yes, I actually notice in general women are much less whiney on these forums about it.

Yeah it may take me being as blunt and perhaps as offensive as possible to get the point across but people really need to take a closer look at themselves. So go ahead, call it a troll post or me being the embodiment of the jerks you all hate. I am just simply being honest and pointing out the facts here for everyone to see. Now it is time for me to look for a certain thread of mine to revive on these forums and then I am back on hiatus.

What Lord Genome. Said here is what I wanteed to say. Just takes to long to typw

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

mad_monkey wrote:
Yeah I troll sometimes, but I wouldn't use a primary User name I use with easily traced email and linked facebook, also Why would I use a 2010 account to piss off you guys?

which account do you use for trolling?

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

"I don't always troll on WrongPlanet, but when I do, I use my mad_monkey account. Stay Aspie, my friends."

Anywho, poking the troll is fun, but I'd at least like to attempt intelligent discourse on my end, so here goes:

There is something to be said about Aspies and failure to fit in with commonly accepted gender roles. I think it has to do with those roles being so culturally prevalent that NT folk adopt them subconsciously. And Aspies, of course, don't do well with subconscious social cues. Also of note is how often I've heard that women like men with confidence. And in my own personal experience and from what I've heard from others, by the time we're of dating age, most of us have less self confidence than your average male due to life experiences as an Aspie. Going even more anecdotal: even for most of my relationships, one of the things they liked about me personality-wise was my level of intensity about things I loved and knew a good deal about, which I imagine they read as confidence also. And keep in mind that dating and relationships are entirely a social construct. At its core, sexual attraction is based on a lot of genetic and epigenetic factors. Also, most acts of expressing sexual attraction are subconscious and subtle: pelvic tilt, change in breathing rate, perspiration, etc. Quite frankly, we Aspies just aren't built to pick up on that sort of thing. Nice guy syndrome happens because we don't send out the signals for "I want to have sex with you" so we're viewed as nonthreatening or gay or something. If an NT guy projects the signals and they're reciprocated, his work is done. Very little courtship effort is required on his part. But us Aspies crave that bond, so we keep giving of ourselves to the other person without being able to show them our attraction, which reads as "nice guy." Often times we do it by choice, being willing to settle for a relationship of sorts without attraction.

Now, as for the OP's insistence that Aspie men eventually project onto women the blame for them not dating: I think that's a more rare occurance, and I would think that only happens when the guy's own self-loathing reaches an intolerable level. In other words: "I'm already angry at myself over this, I've tried everything else I know, I can't keep blaming myself if I'm going to be able to function." Not necessarily consciously, mind you. I guess what I'm saying if that any guy who does this has likely been hurt so often and dislikes himself so much that he has very little options left that allow him to function other than shift the blame elsewhere for once. Is it ugly? Yes. Should it be stopped? Yes. But it is important to understand the cause as opposed to just assuming the Aspie male is a total jerkoff? Also yes.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

hyperlexian wrote:
mad_monkey wrote:
Yeah I troll sometimes, but I wouldn't use a primary User name I use with easily traced email and linked facebook, also Why would I use a 2010 account to piss off you guys?

Trolls, like superheroes, never reveal their true identity ;)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

Tom5 wrote:
timewaster wrote:

I think that's a harsh generalization, I don't think you can judge anyone by looks alone. I do agree that some nice or good guys may be going for the wrong types of girls, I've met girls who value a sense of responsibility and maturity.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mad_monkey wrote:

or she can just ban every account related to that IP adress.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

MXH wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mad_monkey wrote:

or she can just ban every account related to that IP adress.

:lol: i didn't think he'd fall for my question but it was worth a shot.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

Meh, they're not all prize-winning arses though.

A lot of guys who are walled out *constantly* hear "Wow, you're so nice" and, after a while seeing both in tandem enough times over can cause confusion over what causality actually is.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 3:56 pm

yeahh I hate "nicey nice" guys who act like they are innocent victims when infact they are patronising you are making snide remarks, some guys like that just act plain creepy, overly clingy, embarrass you, say offencive things in a sly way that makes it sound like they are not insulting you atall, yeah I like genuinly nice guys who don't suffocate me and respect me personal space but I have found the "flowers and chocolatte's" type just plain irritating, my ex was a virgin when I met him, then he drove me totally insain, i diddn't enjoy sex with him so I broke up with him, then he accused me of using him, It was like, wtttfff, It does not count as using if a woman doesn't act you for anything ever, pays back all the money you lend her and rejects the gifts you try to give her!
"nice" guys seem to use that as an excuse because they can't accept the fact that maybe shes not that into you :/