Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 5 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 1:00 am

Because I have not found the right guy yet....I have I guy I am considering but that depends on how he feels, and I had a friend ask me out but I am not sure I really want to date him I might prefer to just stay friends for one he's 18 and I'm 22 and whenever I date someone younger it falls apart. Also he's a good friend and I don't want that to change when the relationship falls apart.

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2012, 3:22 am

Two words: Super Freak, nothing more really needs to be said.

Guys don't date girls like me no matter how badly I want them to. I'm ugly as sin, my life revolves around 3 things: ice hockey, horses and chemistry, and I have horrid social skills. Who wants to date that?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 4:00 am

hockeytaz wrote:
I'm ugly as sin

Prove it. I bet you can't.

cooldryplace
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2012, 4:26 am

In terms of what a person looks for in someone they want to be with - I have almost nothing to offer.

NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2012, 5:46 am

This is plain and simple. I have AS and girls dont like boys with AS.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:13 am

No opportunity

Tom5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2012, 7:49 am

I'm single because the kind of women I am attracted to are never interested in me and I don't want to settle for someone that I don't find physically attractive.

bluntedboywonder

09 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

hockeytaz wrote:

Guys don't date girls like me no matter how badly I want them to. I'm ugly as sin, my life revolves around 3 things: ice hockey, horses and chemistry, and I have horrid social skills. Who wants to date that?

An Aspie polo player?

Diagnosis: Have Aspergers - Diagnosed

bluntedboywonder

09 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

I have aspergers and I've attracted women so all the people in here saying that they're single because of it are wrong.

I am still single, but because I havent met someone since I broke up almost a year ago. What's more: I am not going to date just anyone. I can be happy being alone.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:33 am

I rarely feel connected to people. I also think I'm demisexual.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:43 am

bluntedboywonder wrote:
I have aspergers and I've attracted women so all the people in here saying that they're single because of it are wrong.

There's a difference between attracting someone and being able to hold onto what's attracted to you. Some people are ok with something that doesn't last long, whereas others want that lifelong deal. Attracting is simple, especially if you're better than average looking. Holding on to what you love, by needing to continually give the social and emotional stuff to the amount most people desire, will be hard to next to impossible for those with an ASD.

An ASD will mean if you can even get there, you'll most likely end up getting lost. This is based on statistics I've read; it's like 95% of men with AS who're married end up divorced, whereas we know the stats for normal people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

hockeytaz wrote:

I would be interested. I have low vision & I'm NOT a visual person at all & I don't have great social skills either sense I'm an Aspie. I don't know anything about ice-hockey, horses or chemistry thou but I could get into horses if I had the opportunity

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bluntedboywonder

09 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Dillogic wrote:
bluntedboywonder wrote:

There's a difference between attracting someone and being able to hold onto what's attracted to you. Some people are ok with something that doesn't last long, whereas others want that lifelong deal. Attracting is simple, especially if you're better than average looking. Holding on to what you love, by needing to continually give the social and emotional stuff to the amount most people desire, will be hard to next to impossible for those with an ASD.

An ASD will mean if you can even get there, you'll most likely end up getting lost. This is based on statistics I've read; it's like 95% of men with AS who're married end up divorced, whereas we know the stats for normal people.

You are right there, my relationships have all failed for a large part because of my aspergers.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

bluntedboywonder wrote:
You are right there, my relationships have all failed for a large part because of my aspergers.

Sadly.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:13 pm

I meet so few people that 1) are available, 2) are attractive to me, 3) I connect with, and 4) have the character I require.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Because I'm a hopeless romantic, and need to have the ultimate spiritual connection with someone. Anything less won't satisfy me.